Forums > General Industry > Model search America

Hair Stylist

Chris M.

San Antonio, Florida, US

Is this a scam? does anyone know for sure, because I don't know anyone who does... and for that matter if it isn't, is it worth it?

Jan 11 06 02:38 pm Link

Model

Khinnidilove

Houston, Alaska, US

Yes they are a scam. I didn't know that they still existed. I remember reading a LOT of bad stuff about them several years back.

Jan 11 06 02:41 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

"Is [x] a legitimate agency?" gets asked around here a lot.

People don't realize that pretty much all they need to do is a Google search for the name of the group plus the word "scam".

A search for:

"model search america" scam

Comes up with these results.

Boy howdy.

Jan 11 06 03:54 pm Link

Model

Felicia Yvette

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Hell yes... when I first wanted to model I went (twice). I'd definitely say it's a scam. It's like $1100 and they don't really teach you anything... and there's thousands and thousands of people there and only a couple of people get callbacks. They say they need all of that money to fly the agency reps out...liars. Don't fall for it... I quit being naive years ago... make sure you check everyone out!!

xoxo
Felicia

Jan 11 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

run away! run away!

Jan 11 06 04:27 pm Link

Model

Sean Hellinger

Manhattan Beach, California, US

They want thousands of dollars so they can throw you in with a ton of other aspiring models, and "certain agencies" be there to look for you, and "maybe" you'll get noticed by a top agency. Definitely a scam- anyone who wants money up front like that is. Just stay on here, and in the meantime submit pictures through mail/email to all the agencies you can find. (Warning: it can take several hours to dig through them all, and even then you won't find "them all.")

But yeah, basically, don't pay to be paid. It's illigit.

If you so insist, try out Model Look Magazine. At least if they like you enough they'll give you a "Guaranteed Modeling Contract," where if you don't get an offer after 90 days they refund your money. But only if they really like you. So make sure about that first.

I just got the magazine last night, with my (this time around, really outdated) ad in it, and I must say, I am far from impressed. It's 31 pages long- uh, I doubt this magazine gets a lot of publicity. Plus they reduced the quality of all the pictures a little. But at least I'll be getting my $200 back in about 90 days...

Jan 11 06 04:52 pm Link