Forums > General Industry > "In the Click"

Model

ChrissyD

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I just got a message about the "In the Click" Convention. And Im fairly new to MM so I just want to know from those of you who have been to the convention before. What was your experience like and what did you get out of it. Also the one that is being held in Baltimore is being hosted by 2 ppl who are not really on MM, whats up with that.

Jan 10 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Um, the "In the Click" meetings are run by that Other Model Place. Model Mayhem has nuffing to do with them.

I went to the last one in Chicago and I quite enjoyed it.

M

Jan 11 06 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

If you got the info as a direct ad from an MM member, chances are it is someone from OMP spamming MM members about their stuff like Tyler did to OMP members about the up and coming modelmayhem.com
Not that him doing that was a bad thing. Just business.

Jan 11 06 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
If you got the info as a direct ad from an MM member, chances are it is someone from OMP spamming MM members about their stuff like Tyler did to OMP members about the up and coming modelmayhem.com

For the record, Tyler did not spam OMP members.  Tyler is decidedly anti-spam.

Please stop trying to perpetuate that lie.  Thanks.

Jan 11 06 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

ChrissyD wrote:
I just got a message about the "In the Click" Convention. And Im fairly new to MM so I just want to know from those of you who have been to the convention before. What was your experience like and what did you get out of it. Also the one that is being held in Baltimore is being hosted by 2 ppl who are not really on MM, whats up with that.

I know one of the two people running the "In the Click" event in Baltimore and he *is* on MM (James Cochran MM 8775).  He is working very hard to make the event a success.  I would go to it if I hadn't already had other plans that evening.  I am sure it will be a great networking opportunity and probably a lot of fun. 

Oh yeah, the "In the Click" events are sponsored by that Other Model Place, not MM.  (Tyler, we need to have an MM convention one day!)

Jan 11 06 07:53 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Moraxian wrote:
(Tyler, we need to have an MM convention one day!)

I agree with this. However, I think one thing MM should do if they do have big events like the other site, they should do more on the West coast. So many OMP events are midwest and East coast.

Jan 11 06 07:55 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

I was never spammed about this place on the OtherModelPlace. Tyler never sent anyone anything. So, stop telling people that.

I learned about MM from another member who I shot with  on occasion.

Jan 11 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

LB Wallace

Sarasota, Florida, US

My "in the click" message came directly from OMP.

Jan 11 06 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:

I was never spammed about this place on the OtherModelPlace. Tyler never sent anyone anything. So, stop telling people that.

I learned about MM from another member who I shot with  on occasion.

okie dokie smile consider my comments about it all done.

Jan 11 06 08:04 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

okie dokie smile consider my comments about it all done.

No, Glamour Boulevard is right. Tyler spammed us when he first announced the site. He has confirmed that in an earlier thread, though he didn't say where he got the list. I assume from the outfit where his dad works, Teeze.

I got the In the Click thing as well, but I think it's just OMP spamming its own members (if that can be considered spam).

Jan 11 06 10:19 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

JvR wrote:

No, Glamour Boulevard is right. Tyler spammed us when he first announced the site. He has confirmed that in an earlier thread, though he didn't say where he got the list. I assume from the outfit where his dad works, Teeze.

I got the In the Click thing as well, but I think it's just OMP spamming its own members (if that can be considered spam).

Actually, he said he didn't repeatedly.  Most OMP members never got anything about it.

Jan 11 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

theda wrote:

Actually, he said he didn't repeatedly.  Most OMP members never got anything about it.

I'm not going to pick a fight over this, but I clearly recall two things:

- getting an unsollicited email (i.e. spam) from tyler that promoted this site, clicking on the link and signing up

- me mentioning in a thread that tyler had spammed us and tyler posting a message that he 'might have sent out some emails in the beginning' (I'm paraphrasing, but it's close to what he wrote)

Jan 11 06 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Lance Nichols

Markham, Ontario, Canada

Getting backish on topic, I don't think it's SPAM in the true sense of the word, You agree to occasional alerts by OMP when you sign up. smile

That being said I was kind of disappointed there was nothing in the Toronto area.

Jan 11 06 11:07 am Link

Model

ChrissyD

Baltimore, Maryland, US

thanx for clearing that up for me that the message did not come from here because my message about it didnt come for omp it came from someone on mm.

Jan 11 06 01:16 pm Link