Forums > Newbie Forum > I'm Caitlin from Ohio!

Model

Baby Blues

Rushville, Ohio, US

Hey Everyone!

im caitlin and heres a little bit about me-

ive been "modeling" with an agency for over a year now and i recently left the company due to lack of jobs basically. over the course of that time i was able to get more shoots on my own through networking than the ZERO shoots i booked with him (basically he only wanted me for hair shows. which...thats not cool in my book he should have mentioned that in the first place). SO im here tryin to get some shoots together to strengthen the portfolio and then head off to another agency.  if you have ANY advice, want to shoot or know someone i can contact PLEASE enlighten me smile

also....im 20, an art history/ architecture double major at ohio university, 5'8 naturally curly hair...blah blah lol. you can go to my portfolio for measurements and such.

thanks!

caitlin

Jan 09 08 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Yet another model who uses one of her first posts to start a thread basically complaining about someone. 

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I really think you should try to introduce yourself to a new online community in a positive manner.

Jan 09 08 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Welcome.

Jan 09 08 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Hey Caitlin!

Welcome to Mayhem! You are lovely! Great start to your portfolio!

Just a word of caution about the rules here. Mentioning the name of the agency you were unhappy with, is called "Outing" and is not allowed! It will get you in trouble. It would be best to edit your post & remove their name. You can only talk about them in general terms on here. If you want to let members know more about them, have them message you & you can tell them within a private message.

Feel free to message me, if I can help.
Good luck, work safe, and enjoy the site!
Fred smile

Jan 09 08 10:53 pm Link

Model

Baby Blues

Rushville, Ohio, US

ah...lol didnt catch that thanks! and i didnt mean to come off as a complainer!! i swear im a positive person! 

ILL START OVER lol

HI im caity smile i have 2 dogs that im obsessed with and am hoping to eventually get my husky big_smile i like to read, my favorite band right now is the noisettes, but i also love everything from jim brickman to frank sinatra to acdc and nightwish.  and not only do i LOVE  good pair of heels or a new dress...i LOVE target shooting in my backyard with the big bro! thats right ladies and gentlemen....i...am...a country girl. and in case you were wondering yes my family DOES have a cabela's visa. lol. its....well...sad. lol

sorry for this previous complaints! and thank you for the advice on name dropping wink

-caity

Jan 09 08 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

My family used to raise Huskies. Great dogs... not very good security but they were wonderful.

Jan 09 08 11:32 pm Link

Model

Baby Blues

Rushville, Ohio, US

i just think they LOOK fantastic! right now i have a german shepard husky mix and a pure breed yellow lab smile love dogs!

Jan 09 08 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Much better.  Welcome.  You have a nice look.  I am sure you will be inundated with offers to shoot.

Jan 09 08 11:59 pm Link

Model

Miss Nicole

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

That was a pretty big 180.
Nice...
I wish you the very best of luck. My best advice would be persistance and going with your instincts. And don't be afraid to try something new!

Jan 10 08 12:03 am Link

Photographer

mrRojas

Brooklyn, New York, US

Art and architecture major eh...damn...plus model... sounds like you're going to be real busy.  big_smile welcome.

Jan 10 08 12:15 am Link

Model

MandiB

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hey Caitlin!  Welcome.  You are beautiful and have the right look and figure.  Since you are in Ohio, I can definitely put you in contact with some good photographers (if you can make it to Columbus especially).  Good luck.  Let me know if you'd like some referrals.

Jan 10 08 12:19 am Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Caitlin,

Welcome to MM...you will have photographers pounding down your door in NO TIME!  I would be one of them if our doors weren't so far apart.

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,
Dave.

Jan 10 08 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Blue Ash Film Group

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Welcome to the mayhem! You have a great start to your portfolio. I hope we can cross paths some time.

Jan 10 08 08:27 am Link