Forums > General Industry > Views and Comments

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Obviously, the more skin, the more views.  Pubes guarantee image views, particularly if the wankers think there's more detail in the big images.  But comments puzzle me.

Models generally will get more views and comments than photographers - wankers again mostly, but also suck-up photographers that think a comment about beautiful lighting of an otherwise cheesy picture will get them points.

In my portfolio there doesn't seem to be much relationship between the comment count and the amount skin showing, though skin does bring the views.

It would be fun if some database guy figured a way to search and compile all those numbers so the relationships could be analyzed.   Parameters would be:

1. Port type (model, photog or other),
2. Comment from (same)
3. Skin count (T, A, P, T&A, etc.),
4. Comment about (photograph, or model - might have to be a subjective sort).

Just thinking again...

-Don

Jan 07 06 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Beebe

Tracy, California, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Obviously, the more skin, the more views.  Pubes guarantee image views, particularly if the wankers think there's more detail in the big images.  But comments puzzle me.

Models generally will get more views and comments than photographers - wankers again mostly, but also suck-up photographers that think a comment about beautiful lighting of an otherwise cheesy picture will get them points.

In my portfolio there doesn't seem to be much relationship between the comment count and the amount skin showing, though skin does bring the views.

It would be fun if some database guy figured a way to search and compile all those numbers so the relationships could be analyzed.   Parameters would be:

1. Port type (model, photog or other),
2. Comment from (same)
3. Skin count (T, A, P, T&A, etc.),
4. Comment about (photograph, or model - might have to be a subjective sort).

Just thinking again...

-Don

I agree on an interest in the relationships, but...
would it be worth the effort to compile? I think it's just one of those quirks that happens and that we are aware of (those of us who actually pay attention, that is - some with blinders on won't see any connection).

Jan 07 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
But comments puzzle me.

Shouldn't be a puzzlement, simply consider the source.

Jan 07 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

It's probably a "useless" statistic, but I'm curious myself.

I ran across an image a few weeks back in a model's portfolio. Great shot, great makeup, great expression. I checked out the MUA and photographer's portfolio, and they all had that same image. Neither the MUA or photographer's copy had any comments; the model's had a dozen or more.

Jan 07 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Its true that models get more comments than photogrpahers. While I can't prove that scientifically, in my general wanderies through this site I've seen that to be the case. However, I don't agree on the statement that nusity brings more views. In my portfolio some of my non-nude images get far more views and comments than the nude images. On other sites, like Usefilm, my nude images get far for attention. So, its rather interesting actually.

-P-

Jan 07 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
Its true that models get more comments than photogrpahers. While I can't prove that scientifically, in my general wanderies through this site I've seen that to be the case. However, I don't agree on the statement that nusity brings more views. In my portfolio some of my non-nude images get far more views and comments than the nude images. On other sites, like Usefilm, my nude images get far for attention. So, its rather interesting actually.

-P-

You must be the exception to the rule...200+ views of the one implied image on my portfolio while all the others are < 100

Jan 07 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
It's probably a "useless" statistic, but I'm curious myself.

I ran across an image a few weeks back in a model's portfolio. Great shot, great makeup, great expression. I checked out the MUA and photographer's portfolio, and they all had that same image. Neither the MUA or photographer's copy had any comments; the model's had a dozen or more.

And let me guess... almost all the comments came from GWC's just tryin to get over... LOL... wink

Jan 07 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Yeah, the image of the nude in my port has 4 times the views of any other image, but not the most comments...

Star

Jan 07 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

area291 wrote:

Shouldn't be a puzzlement, simply consider the source.

Exactly.

When someone compliments a model on one of my shots, I accept it as a compliment towards me as well, only without the thought of them wanting to get in my pants.

Jan 07 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Monsante Bey wrote:

Exactly.

When someone compliments a model on one of my shots, I accept it as a compliment towards me as well, only without the thought of them wanting to get in my pants.

Damn...I *wish* everyone wanted to get in my pants that commented....I'd be so much more flattered!

Jan 07 06 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

when I see a great image in a model's port, I try to make it common practice to go over and make a positive comment in the photographer's port too.  but yeah, I've noticed the same.....the same photos in my port gets fewer comments than when they are posted in the model's portfolio.

Jan 07 06 04:22 pm Link

Model

Danica Lee

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I generally don't compare the number of views to the number of comments.

If I did, I'd be a broken and depressed woman wink

Jan 07 06 05:06 pm Link