Forums > Newbie Forum > How do I get paid work?

Model

Liz S

Frederick, Maryland, US

I want to do shoots where people have clothes for you to wear, like swimsuits, lingerie and whatnot. How do I get stuff like that? Do I just ask different companies or what?

Jan 08 08 08:47 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Ask your agency to send you out on assignments/castings/go sees for clothing companies.

Jan 08 08 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Lucas Chapman

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

First, you need to be worthy of pay.  You have to have something someone needs and is willing to pay for.. look, size, etc.
Of course, it helps if you start out by learning something about the industry you are expecting to extract income from....

LC

Jan 08 08 08:51 pm Link

Model

Liz S

Frederick, Maryland, US

Well, I think I am worthy. I don't have an agency though. How do I find one?

Jan 08 08 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

http://newmodels.com

you could probably find photographers out there who have wardrobe pieces available for you to wear, or people who are willing to purchase new wardrobe for you -

but i think you're talking about commercial work, like doing catalog shots for a clothing company or store. that type of work is generally booked through an agency.

Jan 08 08 08:53 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Liz Schafer wrote:

It doesn't matter if you think you are worthy.  You aren't going to be hiring yourself.

And, while I know some people consider asking strangers on the internet for advice "research", I don't.  So do your research to find agencies, if any exist in your market that are worth your time and that would accept you.

Jan 08 08 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

MelissaLynnette LaDiva wrote:
It doesn't matter if you think you are worthy.  You aren't going to be hiring yourself.

worth repeating.

Jan 08 08 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Neal Urban

Buffalo, New York, US

MelissaLynnette LaDiva wrote:

And, while I know some people consider asking strangers on the internet for advice "research", I don't.  So do your research to find agencies, if any exist in your market that are worth your time and that would accept you.

... And find a photographer who takes "marketable" images.  Those type of images will attract agencies.  Good luck smile

Jan 08 08 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

JJ Art

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

There's quite a bit of info like what you are asking for in the Model Matters forum... Try reading through a few and using the search tool for specific questions.

There's also a lot of good info for new models on http://www.newmodels.com

Jan 09 08 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jade Noir

San Antonio, Texas, US

Liz Schafer wrote:

YOU may think you're worthy, agencies may NOT.   You need more experience in order to start getting paid, you must impress the hell out of other pro photographers and/or agencies.  ALL models on here think they're worth something, otherwise they would not even try modeling in the first place.

Jan 09 08 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lucas Chapman

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Gracie wrote:

What YOU think doesn't matter.  Just ask any of the "models" here who thought they could get work because they were "determined".
Its what the industry thinks about you that matters.  And right now, you have no experience, and nothing to offer the professional industry.
Pay some good photographers to produce a top flight port for you, then throw yourself to the mercy of a few agencies, hoping and begging...

Jan 10 08 11:24 pm Link