Forums > Newbie Forum > Photographer publiclly bashing models. advice?

Model

Sarabeth Lee

Hollister, California, US

Long story short: A photographer whom my friend and i have never met, or offended via internet, is using his 'about me' to publicly insult us. When he attempted to pick a fight through messaging, we ignored him, and now he is doing this.

He cuts us down as not being models; we are amatuers, i don't think there is anything wrong with that. He refers to us as white trash and lesbians. I am not personally lesbian, but i find it very ignorant of him to use it as way to put us down. He even goes as far as to refer to and insult a photographer who is new to the field, whom we did a photoshoot with.

As a newbie in the modeling world and on MM as well, I was wondering at what point does MM draw the line?

Jan 03 08 01:08 am Link

Model

Brittney_Nicole

Central, Alaska, US

just block him from contacting you and ignore the comments. I know its annoying sometimes, but its the internet, shit happens

Jan 03 08 01:12 am Link

Artist/Painter

bijan studio

TARZANA, California, US

Sarabeth Lee wrote:
Long story short: A photographer whom my friend and i have never met, or offended via internet, is using his 'about me' to publicly insult us. When he attempted to pick a fight through messaging, we ignored him, and now he is doing this.

He cuts us down as not being models; we are amatuers, i don't think there is anything wrong with that. He refers to us as white trash and lesbians. I am not personally lesbian, but i find it very ignorant of him to use it as way to put us down. He even goes as far as to refer to and insult a photographer who is new to the field, whom we did a photoshoot with.

As a newbie in the modeling world and on MM as well, I was wondering at what point does MM draw the line?

Ok that's your side of the story. What's his side of the story?

Jan 03 08 01:13 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

bijan studio wrote:

Ok that's your side of the story. What's his side of the story?

Winnar!

Jan 03 08 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Soft Imaging

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

I think you could send a note to him and the moderators.
Public insulting is not just immature - but it is also libel.
If you think it will affect your professional reputation you could even follow up with a note from a lawyer (if you have the bucks or the time.)

You can also add his name to your profile as "Not recommended"  don't say why - don't insult back --- just "Not recommended"

The rest of us will see his maturity and note the disgrace on him - not you.

Good luck.

J

Jan 03 08 01:14 am Link

Model

Sarabeth Lee

Hollister, California, US

I fully encourage you to ask him, since he hasn't told me. He's blocked me from contacting him back, so if you would like to msg him, I'll give you his MM number.

Jan 03 08 01:15 am Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

Sorry this has happenend to you, as a new model you don't need this.  But the best thing to do is block him and then ignore him.  The whole thing should go away.

Jan 03 08 01:25 am Link

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

Block him and send the mods a note on the info page and we will check it out.  Libel isn't allowed on MM.

Jan 03 08 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Blue Ash Film Group

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Usually when people write things like that, it says more about them than who they are writing about.

Jan 03 08 01:31 am Link

Artist/Painter

bijan studio

TARZANA, California, US

I am still waiting to see why HE blocked her.

Jan 03 08 01:44 am Link

Photographer

MG3 Graphics

Montgomery Village, Maryland, US

can't we all just get along?

Jan 03 08 01:49 am Link

Model

Chloe D'Cay

Paramus, New Jersey, US

Contact-A-Moderator

https://modelmayhem.com/contactamod.php

That is, if you believe you did nothing wrong.

Jan 03 08 05:54 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sarabeth Lee wrote:

Don't you wish you had a magic button so you could magically transport the racist sexist foo to Polk and Castro street in San Francisco and make him sqawk his hateful speech real loud over a microphone during a parade? The expression of dismay on his face would be great to photograph.

Jan 03 08 06:05 am Link