Forums > Newbie Forum > unbelievable

Photographer

Sliver Photography

Decatur, Georgia, US

I'm new here, so perhaps I'm being ignorant, but is there no way to track forum posts that I've made?  If the answer is "nay", then this is symbolic of some major website stupidity on the part of the powers-that-be here.

Jan 02 08 12:13 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Yes, there is.
Save the URLs of threads you've posted in so you can go back to them.  smile

Jan 02 08 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Sliver Photography

Decatur, Georgia, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Yes, there is.
Save the URLs of threads you've posted in so you can go back to them.  smile

SLE...is there an emoticon for "laughed so hard I broke my CMOS?"  Are you serious?  Is there anyone in charge here reading this post?  The ability of users to track their posts ain't rocket science.  It's done daily by...thousands of meaningless sites around the web.

Jan 02 08 12:21 am Link

Model

Alyssa Jade

Windham, New Hampshire, US

Glad I'm not the only one frustrated.

Jan 02 08 12:23 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

j a gomez photography wrote:

SLE...is there an emoticon for "laughed so hard I broke my CMOS?"  Are you serious?  Is there anyone in charge here reading this post?  The ability of users to track their posts ain't rocket science.  It's done daily by...thousands of meaningless sites around the web.

There are FAR more serious technical problems with this site that need addressing than this.
The Forum database is so unstable they can't allow any given thread to go past 60 or so pages (2400 posts).
The site can't even currently support a robust forum search feature without crashing on a regular basis.

You need to post this request in the "Site Related" forum (preferably in one of the existing threads for this sort of thing like "Features wish list" or "Suggest a feature/point out a bug") for someone in charge to read it.

But honestly, given that right now the pic uploader's been malfunctioning for 2 days & the site's been starting to generate 504 errors again and the image database has been wonky, something to track forum posts will be WAY down not only on the site admin's list but on the lists of most of the members, too.

Jan 02 08 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Dave Blecman

Annapolis, Maryland, US

I want to know who held a gun to your head and made you join this website?

Hmm....you came voluntarily? Interesting!

Jan 02 08 10:58 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Newbie Forum > unbelievable
~~~ big_smile ~~~

Hmm, "newbie" and "unbelievable" ... good one!

(Hi, Dave, James!)

Jan 02 08 11:03 am Link

Digital Artist

uysdf

Hickory, Mississippi, US

they use to have it so  you can simply type in your MM# or name and it would pull up all the threads you posted but I"m guessing someone got mad because you can search others threads and they took it away...now they just have it the google way which sucks

Jan 02 08 11:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

TheRetoucher

Los Angeles, California, US

powers that be I am thinking angel.....

Jan 02 08 11:29 am Link

Photographer

MH Miller Photography

Corinth, Mississippi, US

The best thing that I have found to do it is -- is to do a Forum Search -- click the Search link on the forum homepage and enter in your Screen name -- granted it didn't pull up all of mine -- none of the recent ones (which I think the Google spider only comes by once a day) and I could get a sense of which ones are where.

Hope that helps

Jan 02 08 11:33 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Dave Blecman wrote:
I want to know who held a gun to your head and made you join this website?

Hmm....you came voluntarily? Interesting!

Yeah, if he's so upset he should ask for his money back. For sure, ask for his money back. Sometimes you have to be an aggressive consumer.

Then with all that money he could purchase himself some more attitude.

Jan 02 08 12:19 pm Link