Forums > General Industry > A Thank You and A Goodbye

Model

Vanessa_St_Arnaud

Vancouver, Washington, US

I just want to thank everyone who has stopped by my profile and taken the time to say "hi". I also want to let all of the people that i have met here at MM know that i appreciate the support and encouragement that they have given me. I also want to let them know that, unfortunately, i have decided to no longer model.

My experience within the fitness modeling industry has been short lived. And, in reality, i only ever touched upon the very edge of everything that the industry is about. But i knew i had to decide quickly as to whether or not the industry was for me because i have an academic career in the wings that needs nurturing and my undo attention.

The last 6 months has been nothing but indecisiveness for me. I dreaded every photo shoot and, yet, i kept doing them. I couldn't figure out why i kept doing something that my entire being was telling me it didn't enjoy. And then i realized that i had been taking up photo shoots because i was trying to fulfill a childhood dream that is no longer. Quickly i realized that it is ok to let go of dreams when your heart already has.

I also knew that now is the time for me to focus on school - while i'm enjoying it thoroughly. I've never been so excited about academics as i am now and it's time for me to take advantage of that. I will continue to workout - that will never change. But i've come to know that being infront of the camera is just not for me.

I wish everyone at MM the best of success. There is a ton of talent on this site that the world needs to see.

A huge thank you again to everyone who has supported me.

All the best and Happy New Year,

Vanessa

Jan 05 06 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

You've got to listen to you gut.  Best of wishes in your academics.

Jan 05 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Good luck in whatever you do!

Jan 05 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

All the best in your future endeavors, Vanessa smile

Jan 05 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

C-Ya!

Jan 05 06 01:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well good luck in your future endevers, too bad we never had a chance to work together . ohh well good luck.in what ever you decide to do with your life. School can be very satifying Good Luck!!..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Jan 05 06 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Good luck with your future and with everything in life.  smile

Jan 06 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Jordan Michael Zuniga

Los Angeles, California, US

But ... but ... I just got here! At least give me a chance to p... oh well. smile

Jan 06 06 10:24 am Link