Forums > General Industry > what do you do when????

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

So i have recently worked with a photographer and when i got my images back the eye makeup that I did was dramatically altered in photo shop, and when i put said image up on my site i got a lot of well negitive comments inregards to the eye makeup, the photographer didnt give me the origanals on the disk sent to me and well I am still waiting for other images from other photo shoots done whith the same photographer Can I alter the images to the way it looked beofe or should i become annoying ang and ask for the originals. I can really say the makeup that is in the picture is mine because the photog changed it.  Any sudgestions??

Dec 19 05 12:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

any one ?

Dec 19 05 12:53 am Link

Model

Annjilique

Baltimore, Maryland, US

i would ask for the originals cause by him altering the make up he destroyed your work and its not yours anymore i wouldnt edit them to look the way they did before i would just request the originals what was the agreement before the shoot?

Dec 19 05 01:04 am Link

Photographer

et foto

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I would call him on the phone of meet him to discuss what he found wrong with your makeup technique. Tell him you'd you like to know for future reference so you can learn from what you did wrong.

Even if your makeup was fine and perfect before post-production, I'd appreoach it this way so he will tell you what you did "wrong." You'll either agree or disagree. Based on what he says, procedd with the discussion, but don't get defensive or take what he says personal.

E

Dec 19 05 01:08 am Link