Forums > General Industry > Anyone pulled a modeling move on their ID photos?

Photographer

tyat

Miami, Florida, US

I'm thinking I should start doing a casting based on models driver's license.

What a perfect test for high pressure shoot. You sit there and wait for hours  among crying babies and stinky people in tiny little chair that hurts your butt. Your photo is taken by someone who doesn't care about you or how good your picture will look. They just want to push the button so you can get out of their face. If you're really lucky, they might boringly say, "Smile if you want." You get one shot to make it good, and while this is going on, you are aware of the fact that you are the sole entertainment for hundreds of other people in the room (or is it just the photographers happened to be in the room?)

I say, if you can pull off a beauty type shot on your license, you're my winner.

Anyone up to showing theirs? I might have to shoot you for free if it's REALLY good smile

Dec 12 05 08:10 pm Link

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

I'm actually getting a new one done tomorrow b/c I lost mine on my way back from Florida.  I will let you know how it turns out.  Thanks for the idea.

Dec 12 05 08:13 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I am quite fond of how my picture came out. I was 18 and it was 7 or 8 in the morning. I look real smug. Maybe I will scan it later.

edit: I wasn't modeling yet at 18.

Dec 12 05 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

nrvphotography

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

My current one is the WORST I have had and I've had a FEW in three states! Must have been the lighting.....

Dec 12 05 08:51 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I wish!  Mine was taken my senior year of high school before I'd finally come out of my shell.  Thank goodness its coming back up for renewal next year so I can get a new photo! HAHA  I'll think of you though when I go for the new one......Vogue!

Dec 12 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Always bring a MUA for a renewal shoot.  Unless of course you aren't legally blonde.

Dec 12 05 09:26 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Mine is pretty awful due to the 20% extra head they seemed to add on.
::hangs huge melon head in shame::

Dec 12 05 09:53 pm Link

Model

Steph M Anie

Harrison Township, Michigan, US

I wish my scanner worked!!! I love my picture!!! It's actually really good... although with the lighting I look a tad orange!!

Dec 13 05 12:07 am Link

Model

LaurenS

I had an awesome state ID, then I lost in in Vegas. sad I wouldn't go as far to say it was a "model" pose, but I would have put it in my portfolio if if were large enough.

^ Just haven't had a chance to go to the DMV and get a new one. And it's not urgent since I still have my driver's license. But when you do get a new copy, do they have to take your picture again, or is it on a computer file where they just re-print it?

Envy, I like yours: you don't have a big head and you look so innocent, but still up to something...

~Lauren

Dec 13 05 12:21 am Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

area291 wrote:
Always bring a MUA for a renewal shoot.  Unless of course you aren't legally blonde.

That would be hilarious... show up to the DMV with your "crew" in tow.....

Dec 13 05 12:34 am Link

Model

Tathena

Evansville, Indiana, US

I love my DL photo. I look pretty in it.... everyone says it's the best DL photo they have seen.... I am proud to show it off....

Dec 13 05 01:46 am Link

Photographer

tyat

Miami, Florida, US

Let's see em!
Envy, yours was super cute. I like it, what big head??
Put it back up:)

Dec 13 05 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Dec 13 05 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Tom Schultz

Winchester, Virginia, US

I'm convinced that most drivers license photos are bad for a reason.  I think that they make them bad so you'll drive better... you'll be embarassed to show the license to a cop if you get pulled over.

Dec 13 05 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Yuriy

Gillette, New Jersey, US

tyat wrote:
I'm thinking I should start doing a casting based on models driver's license.

What a perfect test for high pressure shoot. You sit there and wait for hours  among crying babies and stinky people in tiny little chair that hurts your butt. Your photo is taken by someone who doesn't care about you or how good your picture will look. They just want to push the button so you can get out of their face. If you're really lucky, they might boringly say, "Smile if you want." You get one shot to make it good, and while this is going on, you are aware of the fact that you are the sole entertainment for hundreds of other people in the room (or is it just the photographers happened to be in the room?)

I say, if you can pull off a beauty type shot on your license, you're my winner.

Anyone up to showing theirs? I might have to shoot you for free if it's REALLY good smile

I don't know what DMV you go to, but the one that I go to has had a lot of new hires over the past couple of years so their all young.
Hell they'll let you take 1, 2, 3-4 cracks at a good picture since it is captured digitally and shown to you on a monitor before you sign the little pad thing.

Dec 13 05 09:05 am Link

Model

Niki Ana

Denver, Colorado, US

i had one shot, didn't get to look at it before it was printed, and the lighting was SO BAD that there's a shadow on my smile and it looks like i'm missing two teeth.

Dec 13 05 10:38 am Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

i actually had a really cute photo on my id.  my hair was perfectly flipped and i had the cutest most adorable smile. lol everyone told me it was the best picture they'd seen on an id.  ha!  i think the one i have now isnt bad, i'm just 64 lbs heavier in it so i look a lil different now lol

Dec 13 05 10:44 am Link

Model

Aeon

I know most of the door staff/barstaff around my clubs, i think they all knew i was underage for a long time, they'd ask me for ID but never made me show it... but they are evil sods, i knew if i had a bad photo taken they'd get to see it and run around the club with it!
so when i got my passport ID photo taken i did it on the way out clubbing, with perfect hair and make-up... it's one of the most flawless pictures of me around smile

Dec 13 05 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

Well just to let you know that Elizabeth Taylor hired Lord Snowden  ( of the British Royal Family , one of the great British photographers ) to shoot her passport picture . Quite possibly the most Diva thing I have ever heard!

Dec 13 05 08:33 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

lucky Liz! Well, Lord Snowden is now a Lord but not part of our Royal family ... he came from a humble background but he entered British Politics - and around 1924 was he was appointed as the British Labour Party's first ever Chancellor of the Exchequer. 

He is a very accompished and famous photgrapher - to the aristocracy, rich and famous ... possibly also 'celebrities' as you call them here in the USA. His work would not come cheap... but he's not Royalty.

;-)

Dec 13 05 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
lucky Liz! Well, Lord Snowden is now a Lord but not part of our Royal family ... he came from a humble background but he entered British Politics - and around 1924 was he was appointed as the British Labour Party's first ever Chancellor of the Exchequer. 

He is a very accompished and famous photgrapher - to the aristocracy, rich and famous ... possibly also 'celebrities' as you call them here in the USA. His work would not come cheap... but he's not Royalty.

;-)

Dec 14 05 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Oops! Meant to write this under the quote.

Correct that Snowden is not royalty -- though he was married to Princess Margaret, the Queen's sister.  Nor was he in politics in1924.  He was born March 7, 1930.  Nor was he of "humble" origin -- not just royalty.  His uncle, Oliver Meseal (sp?) was on of the most famous theater designers of the 20th century.

Certainly agree is is a great portratist (and photographer of the theater).

Ron

Dec 14 05 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Oops!  Having a really bad thread day.  It's "Snowdon" and his uncle was "Messel"
By the way, his latest work is about the poor and underprivileged.

Dec 14 05 01:03 pm Link