Forums > General Industry > Versace Fragrance Launch?

Model

Nicole Wilshire

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Has anyone here heard of this or are any of you involved in this project?

I just found an advertisement about its model search so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything else about it or even its legitimacy...
Maybe I'm a tad bit too cautious.
Maybe I just feel as though it's "too good to be true". 
Or maybe it's all those photographers that have already made me uneasy...

Anyway, I answered for kicks and hopes and have gotten a response back to meet with them.  Guess I'll find out then if noone gets back to me beforehand.

And I know someone's going to ask me about this so...

"Ladies, we are looking for a few top models, no height requirement. This campaign will push the Versace fragrance line across the country in an explosive way this is last minute push for the remainder of the year for the holiday’s, models that really excel will be placed on a one year assignment. We are looking for models to handle promotional, print and spoke model jobs. This campaign will test your skills at the highest level. Each model pre selected will receive fly free passes to Paris. This is a major campaign, non serious inquires please, we repeat please don’t apply. All models will receive top training. All models once pre selected and all paperwork is completed will receive a package with the Versace fragrance. The Versace fragrance comes from a long line of history, established by one of the most explosive designers of our time. Each model will display this level of commitment. We will select models on the spot, if we like your picture and personality after we talk to you, you will begin on this historic campaign within 24 hours. We have hired one of the best marketing / business experts in the industry to launch this campaign, please email your pictures or web link today. Ladies, good luck."

Dec 12 05 09:36 am Link

Model

Giovonni

Collingswood, New Jersey, US

yEAH  KNOW ALOT iF SO cALL ME AT 856-559-0018. pLEASE CALL BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

gIOVONNI

Dec 12 05 02:47 pm Link

Model

Devonna R

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

More in for please. Tag me.

Dec 12 05 03:27 pm Link

Model

Tiffani The Bombshell

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I would like to know more...Please send me a message

Dec 12 05 03:58 pm Link

Model

Barbra Stanwick

Los Angeles, California, US

it said "no height requirement"  it's soundin kinda sketchy.

Dec 14 05 04:53 pm Link

Model

Mia Matthews

Springfield, Colorado, US

isaiahgarnica wrote:
it said "no height requirement"  it's soundin kinda sketchy.

My mom always says "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

Dec 14 05 07:17 pm Link

Model

Nicole Wilshire

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Yeah.  My mom always said that, too.

That's why I'm really wary.

I mean:  Why would they not hire through an agency or something?  And why wouldn't there be a height requirement?

Granted, I've seen the recent ads for Versace and they're cropped and Photoshopped to pieces but still...

Dec 14 05 08:37 pm Link

Model

Dana Nicole

NEPTUNE, New Jersey, US

I think if they were having a big model search for it they would have posted it on their website.

Dec 14 05 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Nicole Wilshire wrote:
if we like your picture and personality after we talk to you, you will begin on this historic campaign within 24 hours.

No professional would use the word "Picture"

Dec 14 05 10:48 pm Link