Forums > General Industry > Friggin` GoDaddy!

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

(start vent) Ok I have been waiting on this one domain name to be open. Last night I see it is pending deletion, meaning it gets release and up for grabs for anyone who happens to get it. A few moments later I decide to take a gamble and put it on back order for 18.95 so if it becomes available I get it. Assuming someone else has not put in their 18.95 back order before me.Well, suddenly the order says the name is available and I got it for the normal price of 8.95. I grab the name and the .net version. Tonight I get an email from them saying there was an error with my order and I have to go reregister. So I go there and start the process and find out I do in fact have to put it on back order anyway, for 18.95. I dunno, I just hate being teased,lol.(end rant)

Dec 08 05 02:35 am Link

Model

liviamodel

SOUTHWEST, Pennsylvania, US

you need to start watching deleteddomains.com and namewinner.com

NameWinner.com actually bids off domains before they go public again........ DeletedDomains will tell you the exact date a name is going to be released back to the public.

Dec 08 05 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

liviamodel wrote:
you need to start watching deleteddomains.com and namewinner.com

NameWinner.com actually bids off domains before they go public again........ DeletedDomains will tell you the exact date a name is going to be released back to the public.

Well, thank you very much. Considering what I do I am surprised I did not know about those websites,lol. Oh well. I went ahead and put in my backorder. I sent a rant to godaddy and got a really nice email back form the support team and they told me no one else has put down a backorder payment.So it looks like I just have to wait till its actually released.

Dec 08 05 07:07 pm Link

Model

liviamodel

IS the name currently registered at godaddy?  If not then putting in a backorder with GoDaddy doesnt really give you the best chance to get it.

Dec 08 05 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

liviamodel wrote:
IS the name currently registered at godaddy?  If not then putting in a backorder with GoDaddy doesnt really give you the best chance to get it.

I believe it was, I should double check.Its a catchy name but I really do not see someone else snagging it and it seems the previous owner is just letting it go.

Dec 08 05 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

liviamodel wrote:

Nope, not with godaddy. it is in the pendingdelete stage though. I have to sign up for that other site before I can get the information on it, grr.

Dec 08 05 07:20 pm Link

Model

liviamodel

IF its a catchy phrase a person might not buy it but a computer program might.  I've watched names before just to see some automated script buy up a name for its owner based on keywords and they just put ads on the page.

Do a whois search on the name and see if you can get the info.  http://whois.sc/insertnamehere.com

Dec 08 05 07:24 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
(start vent) Ok I have been waiting on this one domain name to be open. Last night I see it is pending deletion, meaning it gets release and up for grabs for anyone who happens to get it. A few moments later I decide to take a gamble and put it on back order for 18.95 so if it becomes available I get it. Assuming someone else has not put in their 18.95 back order before me.Well, suddenly the order says the name is available and I got it for the normal price of 8.95. I grab the name and the .net version. Tonight I get an email from them saying there was an error with my order and I have to go reregister. So I go there and start the process and find out I do in fact have to put it on back order anyway, for 18.95. I dunno, I just hate being teased,lol.(end rant)

I send all my clients there. i like godaddy. they have been pretty reasonable with me smile

Semora Bleue
www.semorableue.com

Dec 08 05 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

liviamodel wrote:
IF its a catchy phrase a person might not buy it but a computer program might.  I've watched names before just to see some automated script buy up a name for its owner based on keywords and they just put ads on the page.

Do a whois search on the name and see if you can get the info.  http://whois.sc/insertnamehere.com

I went there and it says the site is not active and is pending delete which from what I understand should happen sometime in the next 3 days since 2 days ago it was not in the pending delete mode.

Dec 08 05 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Semora wrote:

They were apologetic for the inconvenience. Just sucks if I don`t get it because I was told by my business partners that as soon as I get the name I had in mind that they would go ahead with the plans of securing the backing I needed to do what I needed for what I have in mind for the site. Now the ball is rolling on that end and the name might not be mine in the end.I guess I could spend a few more weeks thinking of another name if need be,lol.

Dec 08 05 07:45 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

They were apologetic for the inconvenience. Just sucks if I don`t get it because I was told by my business partners that as soon as I get the name I had in mind that they would go ahead with the plans of securing the backing I needed to do what I needed for what I have in mind for the site. Now the ball is rolling on that end and the name might not be mine in the end.I guess I could spend a few more weeks thinking of another name if need be,lol.

it is hard thinking of a name. I was trying to find a domain name with talent or network in it and they are ALL taken no matter how corny it was. sad

Dec 08 05 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Semora wrote:
it is hard thinking of a name. I was trying to find a domain name with talent or network in it and they are ALL taken no matter how corny it was. sad

Well. I found out just a few moments ago that I in fact did not get the domain. Afternic.com snuck in and got it. I would now have to bid a minimum of $200 to even try to get it. I wouldn`t be so annoyed if I had not been told it was available,paid the one year fee for it only to be told there was an error and I had to go reorder, which meant I had to pay the back order price instead.

Dec 10 05 05:21 pm Link