Forums > General Industry > Is this the Center of the Universe?...

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Or the middle of Nowhere.

I know no one comes here to visit but do you use the Quad-City Airport at all?

Or can you give me the MM# to a single model from the Quad-Cities?

Or is there any model willing to travel here for any reason?

Dec 01 05 05:46 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

:::confused:::

is this a casting call??

Dec 01 05 05:49 pm Link

Model

liviamodel

SOUTHWEST, Pennsylvania, US

I had a guy once tell me I was the center of his universe. lol  But that doesnt answer your question........ or does it??????

Dec 01 05 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Isn't it Iowa where Gummo takes place? Or am I confused here?

Dec 01 05 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

TYLER is the center of the universe.  All existance that is known to mankind revolves around his backside.  Maybe NOW I can get 40 images on my port... wink

Dec 01 05 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Dec 01 05 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Dec 01 05 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

In terms of relativity, the center of the universe is wherever the observer is situated. At least, that's my view from three dimensions.

Dec 01 05 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tavuk Hantaviro

If man actually measure universe from edges, then Tülcé is Center of Universe.  School books all say that.

Sincerely Yours,
Tavuk Hantaviro
(say tah'-vook ahn'-tah-vee'-roh)

Dec 01 05 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Ross

Naperville, Illinois, US

IsabelAurora wrote:
:::confused:::

is this a casting call??

Actually I think its a plea for help!

smile

Dec 01 05 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

If you live in Iowa, I think  you should just give up on shooting models.  Stick to mountains.   Oh, right....   Then the ocean!  Oh, right....  Forests?

Dec 01 05 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jeffrey Ross wrote:

Actually I think its a plea for help!

smile

You know what? You might have the right ideal. No this is NOT a casting call. I do NOT want to know if you want to work with me. I just want to know if you are there at all.

Dec 01 05 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

"I'm a Fashion and Physique photographer, but willing to try all kinds, looking to help models start up or fill in their portfolios."

i know why its so quite for you..trees and landscapes cant email or use the phone...

you certainley haven't directed your profile to fashion models...and they're the ones that might contact you..well maybe if you had the fashion and physique (i dont know what that means) images posted ...

Dec 01 05 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
"I'm a Fashion and Physique photographer, but willing to try all kinds, looking to help models start up or fill in their portfolios."

i know why its so quite for you..trees and landscapes cant email or use the phone...

you certainley haven't directed your profile to fashion models...and they're the ones that might contact you..well maybe if you had the fashion and physique (i dont know what that means) images posted ...

What was his name-o again?

Dec 01 05 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

Jameson wrote:

I know one comes here to visit but do you use the Quad-City Airport at all?

https://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

Dec 02 05 12:41 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Jameson wrote:

Well " I once heard of Iowa"  Field of Dreams.  bs

Dec 02 05 04:36 am Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Are you saying my photographs have created the trees and if I only put models in my photographs that models will spring forth from the Iowa soil?

Dec 02 05 10:23 am Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I think what's being said by more than one here is- You have photos of trees. There is not a sign of any human face or form in ANY of the shots. If they are hiding behind the trees, it's a composition problem (tongue firmly in cheek).

I also do nature photography, but I don't place it here because it really doesn't help a prospective model know if I can shoot PEOPLE. Even if it is a spouse, sibling, friend...whoever....you need to show that you can photograph people well. My first photos in my portfolio were senior portraits I did for my son and a couple test shots of my wife. While both are nice-looking people, neither is a model. But the fact I could compose and expose a flattering shot gave me a bit of credibility when I first approached models on these sites. Now that I have done a couple shoots and have more scheduled, things are starting to roll for me....and central Nebraska isn't exactly a model hotbed, but there are at least some everywhere if you are patient.

Dec 02 05 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Jameson wrote:

Are you saying my photographs have created the trees and if I only put models in my photographs that models will spring forth from the Iowa soil?

If you want models to work with you, you have to show that it will be worth their time and energy.  To do so, you have to show that you can make good photographs of people.  Your photos do not indicate this.

In fact, your current profile is insufficient for membership here.  From the FAQ:

https://modelmayhem.com/faq.php

Why was my profile denied?
Currently, we are only accepting members who fall into one of the following five categories: model, photographer, make-up artist, hair stylist or wardrobe stylist. Both your pictures and "about me" section must reflect a sincere desire to pursue work in one of these five areas. If your pictures or info don't match the area you designated or remain incomplete for more than a few days, your profile will be denied.

You should begin your portfolio by photographing your friends and family.

Dec 02 05 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

I guess not many maps have "Quad-Cities" on them. The Quad-Cities consist of...

(1) Davenport, IA- (2) Betendorf, IA- (3) Moline, IL- (4) Rock Island, IL

I understand what you all are saying but there is not one model that has said what you photographers are saying. No model has said I'm here but I don't see true intent in your portfolio, only you photographers nowhere near here have said "it's my portfolio".

Dec 02 05 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

The fact that we are photographers not in your area does not mean that we are wrong.

Dec 02 05 11:54 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Jameson wrote:

I am sure if you pay a model they will come to you.

Money makes models do all kinds of things.  I get them to hit the cactus fields in NOWHERE Ariz., Big Bend Tx, Moab Utah, All it takes is MONEY.

Iowa is a pretty state. I like it there.  I also wish I would of had a model or two with me that last time I was through there.  But with the wife along NO MODELS ALLOWED.  My boss has spoken.  Good luck. bs

Dec 02 05 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I live in Grand Island, NE..about 6 hours west of you on I-80. I understand the geography and mindset of this part of the country. I know there are not as many aspiring models here as on the coasts and down south....that's life. I choose where I live for other reasons than availability of models.

Why aren't models answering "it's your portfolio"? They are smart enough not to burn bridges. The photographers who have replied to you, however, have nothing to gain or lose by being honest with you. Be grateful that those on here with far more talent than me are taking the time and giving you the same answer.

Dec 02 05 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Technically the "Center" of the universe is not here......BUT.....it is 2ft 8in 1/8 that way *points to the left ......... right about where Theda is sitting    smile

Dec 02 05 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

liviamodel wrote:
I had a guy once tell me I was the center of his universe. lol  But that doesnt answer your question........ or does it??????

Nice photos....you must have a whole galaxy (guys) around you with shooting stars (guys with broken hearts)                 smile

Dec 02 05 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Tavuk Hantaviro wrote:
If man actually measure universe from edges, then Tülcé is Center of Universe.  School books all say that.

Sincerely Yours,
Tavuk Hantaviro
(say tah'-vook ahn'-tah-vee'-roh)

What if the "Universe" has no edges? Who or what person said they found the edge of the universe? Maybe people can assume from what we know presently that we know where the universe starts or ends, but if you consider we as people do not have anything in stone stating that this is where it starts or end.

Dec 02 05 12:59 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
Technically the "Center" of the universe is not here......BUT.....it is 2ft 8in 1/8 that way *points to the left ......... right about where Theda is sitting    smile

Really? I was so focused on myself, I never even noticed the rest of the universe revolving around me.

Dec 02 05 03:24 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

https://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gifhttps://bestsmileys.com/lol/17.gif

You could live in these places.

model amounts in places.
alaska 5
guam 0
Virgin islands 0
montana 10
north dakata 3
South dakata 1
wyoming 3
vermont 6
north mariana islands 0

Dec 02 05 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Artbroken Images

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hey I'm really still looking for responses from models.

Dec 02 05 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

liviamodel wrote:

I think you might fit the mold of ALOT of guys' "center of the universe" ideal.  ;-)
(sorry, couldn't resist the flirt). 

Alan

Dec 02 05 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I am the center of the Universe!

Dec 02 05 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I took this picture!!

https://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/47357941.jpg

Getting all of those models onto those rocks at one time was very difficult.  They kept complaining about being uncomfortable and hungry.

Anyhow, who wants to work with me?

Dec 02 05 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Jameson wrote:
Hey I'm really still looking for responses from models.

Have you tried contacting them and showing them your model portfolio?

https://modelmayhem.com/browse.php?b_gr … ity&area=1

Dec 02 05 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Kennedy

Canton, Georgia, US

Quit bitchin'. There are literally thousands of beautiful women in Iowa.  Some want to be models. Hollywood is full of girls from BF Iowa, Nebraska, etc.  There are no small photographers, only tiny little f-stops. 

If MM isn't rocking for you,  try OMP by state and see who wants to shoot.   By the way, simply throwing a half dozen pretty weak snapshots up  shouldn't meet the requirement , either. (not likely even taken by the same guy as the nicely composed still-lifes, imho)

Dec 06 05 10:02 pm Link