Forums > General Industry > how do i....

Model

Cinder-stellar

Attleboro, Massachusetts, US

get a job? i am traveling to florida january 9th-16th with my boyfriend. he is going to be working all day, so naturally, i want to as well. can anyone help give me some advice on how to find a few modeling jobs while i am down there?

Nov 28 05 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Cardillo Photography

Palm Coast, Florida, US

You probably should put something in casting calls...it might help. 
Where in Fla?  You looking for paying jobs or tfp/tfcd?

Nov 28 05 07:32 pm Link

Model

Cinder-stellar

Attleboro, Massachusetts, US

thanks, i'll go over there and spam that board as well big_smile
well, preferably paid stuff, but you can never do enough TFP

Nov 28 05 07:35 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

One thing we've noticed is that models almost never get responses to posts they start in Casting Calls, so I wanted to let you know (just in case you haven't already seen it) that there is also another option available.  You can use the Browse function to find photographers (and/or makeup artists and/or wardrobe stylists) per state for contacting via the private messaging system:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/browse.php

---
If you haven't already seen it, you may want to check this out:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=18926

(Just some basic info about this site, your profile, the forums, rules, and other useful stuff.)

Nov 28 05 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

And may I add that it would be a VERY lucky model indeed who found a photographer or client who was stuck for a model for a paid gig on those exact dates that he/she was perfect for.

Modeling pays for your vacation BEFORE you take it.  Very seldom DURING it.

- Joe

Dec 02 05 01:35 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Joe Tomasone wrote:
And may I add that it would be a VERY lucky model indeed who found a photographer or client who was stuck for a model for a paid gig on those exact dates that he/she was perfect for.

Modeling pays for your vacation BEFORE you take it.  Very seldom DURING it.

- Joe

Hey Joe.  Move over on your soapbox.  Yea I was talking with a model about a good job with me and my trips.  But she seemed to think I was going to let MR. BF come along for the ride.  No way in hell was I going to pay for them to have a vacation on my money.  So needless to say she did not get the job. 

And this has happened a time or two. WORK NOW on my time.  VACATION LATER ON YOUR TIME. BS

Dec 02 05 04:16 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Cinder-stellar wrote:
get a job? i am traveling to florida january 9th-16th with my boyfriend. he is going to be working all day, so naturally, i want to as well. can anyone help give me some advice on how to find a few modeling jobs while i am down there?

Well seeing your site and just 6 photos and 3 are the same outfit and 2 are of the same outfit I think you should be looking for all the TFP stuff you can find to improve you photos and get a lot of different looks to show what you can do.

BTW I am not in favor of TFP since there are horror stories all over MM but when you have a lack of good work you need to find some guys who will try and help you.  Look around the area where you are going, check out the modeling sites and post and post and post.  Then get references from these guys and check them out. Talk wtih the models about did they get their photos and how long did it take.

You should be able to find enough TFP work to make your MM page rock.  And when it does rock then you can ask about paid work.  But if it was me seeing yoru work and you wanted pay.  Sorry but I would pass. But that is just me. bs

Dec 02 05 04:22 am Link