Forums > General Industry > what was your best...

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

sale/job/assignment ever???

Nov 28 05 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

I was the team photographer for the Dallas Freeze hockey team for a year.  I got sick at work and I took off for 5 months and traveled with the team all over the Central Hockey League.  It was a blast and I had a lot of fun.

Then I wrote a magazine article that the league got mad about and they fired me at the end of the season.  Oh well it was fun while it lasted.  bs

Nov 28 05 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

JT Hodges

Austin, Texas, US

The first one definitely will always be the most memorable.

Nov 28 05 07:28 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Crazy Benny

Rochester, New York, US

well I am about to start singing with a band, they do a lot of sporting events, so that will be the best. The only thing is I would have to cut down on modeling, styling and makeup for shoots, I won't be avail as much, but my travel will be paid and most gigs are at night so I will be able to do afternoon shoots, so all you crazy photographers I just may be coming to your town smile

Nov 28 05 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Went to work in the morning, checked POP mail in HotMail and had an email from "Reader's Digest."  Almost deleted it, but didn't.  Someone claimed that RD wanted to buy a photograph.  So I answered it and got a response in three minutes specifying the image and offering $800 for restricted-use (worldwide, magazine only) license and a large scan.  I said OK, and said I'd have it uploaded before the next morning.

Rescanned the B&W film and uploaded the image that evening.

The next day they wrote saying they were going to use it as a double truck and doubled their fee offer.  I said OK of course and sent a mailing address.

The next day someone called asking for my SSN, and I gave it to him.

Two days later I got registered mail including a check for $1600.

No work to speak of, no hassles at all, no ADs to work with.  Nice money for an image I shot for fun with our very own Audra O. - 4868.

-Don

Nov 28 05 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Elizabeth Susan Carter

Chicago, Illinois, US

The jobs that paid fat cash smile

Nov 28 05 07:55 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Doing the PHP and mySQL for Marilyn Manson's website paid off my car. smile

Nov 28 05 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Gawd I love it when a woman as fine as Josie talks techy- it makes me feel all excited!

Nov 28 05 11:38 pm Link