Forums > General Industry > KODAK does not work with MM?

Makeup Artist

Cool Artist2005

Dumont, New Jersey, US

HI guys,
I have some awesome new pics I want to share everyone but the kodak program loads all the pictures up at once then the site tells me the file is too big!
Can anyone help me out? How can I up load them individually?

Grazie,
Michelle

Nov 26 05 09:17 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Cool Artist2005 wrote:
HI guys,
I have some awesome new pics I want to share everyone but the kodak program loads all the pictures up at once then the site tells me the file is too big!
Can anyone help me out? How can I up load them individually?

Grazie,
Michelle

size matter in all aspects...in this case, smaller is better.

Nov 26 05 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Picture This

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Download this free image editor and resize them:
http://www.irfanview.com

I recommend you resize your pics to around 800 pixels wide on the large side, and 600 pixels wide on the short side. Keep the files at 72dpi.

smile

Nov 26 05 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Picture This

Cool Artist2005 wrote:
How can I up load them individually?

Hmmm... also, make sure you are selecting individual files in the "browse" window. This site has an auto-uploader that will let you browse your folders and upload individual files. Look under the upload tab in your "my stuff" section.

Nov 26 05 09:25 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Picture This wrote:
Download this free image editor and resize them:
http://www.irfanview.com

I recommend you resize your pics to around 800 pixels wide on the large side, and 600 pixels wide on the short side. Keep the files at 72dpi.

smile

how does it cmpare to acdsee or picasa2???

Nov 26 05 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Picture This

BCG wrote:

how does it cmpare to acdsee or picasa2???

You know, I really don't know. I've never used ACDsee or picasa2. I use Adobe photoshop for almost all my editing, but I found Irfanview to be a fast and easy way to do certain types of editing and batch processing. It is a tiny file size for the amount of editing it will do - cropping, resizing, etc. It supports .gif files and has a handy thumbnail preview.

I often use it to scroll through files since it's faster than Photoshop, but the editing isn't even close to PS.

Nov 26 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i have cs2...but if you have not, check out picasa2...google/download it...it is AWSOME for fast edits.

Nov 26 05 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Picture This

BCG wrote:
i have cs2...but if you have not, check out picasa2...google/download it...it is AWSOME for fast edits.

Cool! Thanks for the tip... I'll definitely check it out. smile

Nov 26 05 10:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cool Artist2005

Dumont, New Jersey, US

Picture This wrote:

Hmmm... also, make sure you are selecting individual files in the "browse" window. This site has an auto-uploader that will let you browse your folders and upload individual files. Look under the upload tab in your "my stuff" section.

That's what I am having trouble doing selecting individual files....could it be the way it was sent to me? Or am I just having a hard time?
If you can help me hon im me at makeupartist2005 at aol
Grazie,
Michelle

Nov 26 05 01:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cool Artist2005

Dumont, New Jersey, US

Picture This wrote:

Nov 26 05 01:55 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I use EZthumbnails, when I didn't have ps and even now if I want to batch resize without editing. I also think 800x600 is a bit big...600-700 on the longest side is better for viewing in small screens.

Nov 26 05 01:57 pm Link

Model

Kyle VDZD

Newport Beach, California, US

you can use Paint which comes on windows. Just go to Stretch/Skew. You can go to attributes and change as you see fit.

Nov 26 05 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Picture This

Cool Artist2005 wrote:
That's what I am having trouble doing selecting individual files....could it be the way it was sent to me? Or am I just having a hard time?
If you can help me hon im me at makeupartist2005 at aol
Grazie,
Michelle

I just sent you an email, Michelle. smile

What type of file are you trying to upload? It should be a .jpg or a .gif to work here, so you might need to convert it from a Kodak picture file to a .jpg file. Your Kodak software should let you "save as" a jpg, or you can probably convert it with Irfanview.

Send me an email and let's see if we can figure it out, OK?
[email protected]

Nov 26 05 02:11 pm Link