Forums > General Industry > Best places to find wardrobe?

Photographer

David Holloway

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

Just curious as to the best places to go to find lingerie, swimsuit and other clothing? I have a few ideas for a shoot and thinking of providing the wardrobe. I would like to try little known companies instead of the big names. Thanks.

Nov 25 05 10:04 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

David Holloway wrote:
Just curious as to the best places to go to find lingerie, swimsuit and other clothing? I have a few ideas for a shoot and thinking of providing the wardrobe. I would like to try little known companies instead of the big names. Thanks.

For "other" only, I'd try thrift stores as you can find a lot of great clothes (vintage, name brand, etc) that sometimes even have the tags on them.  I've seen a lot of "net models" use Wal-mart brand lingerie, so I'd probably steer away from anything from there.

T.J. Maxx also often has great sales, I've found items there before in the huge clearance racks for $5!

Nov 27 05 09:05 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Nov 27 05 09:11 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

David Holloway wrote:

You already have the answer.  You just need to take your book and do the footwork with a smile.

Go visit small companies with your book.   You might have to start with renting or buying things on sale, or leaving a deposit and then build up a relationship.

Local is best if possible.   Not always possible.

Nov 28 05 12:33 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

T.Alexander

Norcross, Georgia, US

Thirft stores house great finds. If you have an open mind, you'll do just fine. My favorite is the Goodwill...there is lots of order within the madness there.

Nov 30 05 12:10 pm Link