Forums > Newbie Forum > Hello...advice appreciated.

Model

Xavery

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Hello, I am pretty new to modeling, I would love any advice, and feedback on my portfolio.  I have read alot of good advice in the forums, and would appreciate more.  Most of the pictures in my portfolio are done by a GWC, I have recently had a photo shoot that was set up on MM, and am really pleased with the results so far.
Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to check out my portfolio
Xavery

Nov 25 05 06:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Hey I think you have approched me already about potentually working together and hey thats a great start. Keep talking  to photographer , ask questions, don't ever feel like what you have to say or ask isn't valid. You have a very unique look and that's working for you. I would say do as many tfp and "modeling" related projects as you can fit into your scedual. The more you have on your resume the better. Do a job even if it is stupid, but dont do something that makes you feel uncomfotable. Never do anthing you don't want to do. IE Casting couch, unless thats what your into. smile Have fun be who you are not what you think they want you to be. check out local designers every season they will have a fashion show , get involved with your community. I hope that helps and if you want more into e-mail me.

Nov 25 05 11:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
Hey I think you have approched me already about potentually working together and hey thats a great start. Keep talking  to photographer , ask questions, don't ever feel like what you have to say or ask isn't valid. You have a very unique look and that's working for you. I would say do as many tfp and "modeling" related projects as you can fit into your scedual. The more you have on your resume the better. Do a job even if it is stupid, but dont do something that makes you feel uncomfotable. Never do anthing you don't want to do. IE Casting couch, unless thats what your into. smile Have fun be who you are not what you think they want you to be. check out local designers every season they will have a fashion show , get involved with your community. I hope that helps and if you want more into e-mail me.

GREAT Advice! Break it out into a plan of action and you will get there! Also, work on expressions and poses, clip ideas from magazines (at this point, don't limit yourself to one style until you know where your passion lies -- then focus your energies and do what the pros do...) and practice them so you can do them on a whim... photogs need and love that. Good Luck to you!

Nov 26 05 11:40 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Welcome to MM! smile

The Critique forum is a good place to post your work and ask for advice or comments.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/threads.php?forum_id=8

---
Also, here are some links you may find useful--

Model Mayhem's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
https://www.modelmayhem.com/faq.php

Model-Specific Questions & Answers ("Model Matters"):
https://www.modelmayhem.com/threads.php?forum_id=9

Nov 27 05 04:14 pm Link