Forums > General Industry > Time for retirement....

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

After nearly 12 years of modeling, I've pretty much decided to retire at the end of this year. There are several reasons why, but for the most part, it's an expensive hobby to have and I'm so tired of being used, deceived, lied to, and getting burned.

For all the photographers I have agreed to work with, but haven't yet, I'll contact you and see if we can make arrangements.

I wish everyone good luck and success in their endeavors.

Nov 22 05 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

And good luck with yours. I'm sure those within your circle will miss you.

Nov 22 05 09:52 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Monsante Bey wrote:
And good luck with yours. I'm sure those within your circle will miss you.

Thank you sweetie, appreciate it!

Nov 22 05 09:54 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

hell, i will miss you and i never even met you...dont give the dickweeds who lied and decieved you the pleasure of your retirement...like te phoenix, rise from the ashes, reborn a new creature!!!

Nov 22 05 10:37 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Good luck Jena!

BTW, are you on BME-IAM?

Nov 22 05 10:40 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

SexyJena wrote:
I'm so tired of being used, deceived, lied to, and getting burned.

So you let them win sad

Nov 22 05 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Waaah!!!  sad  We never got the chance to hook up at FetishCon this year and now you won't be there next year... again *sob*!

Good luck in your retirement... and if you do come to FetishCon and want to come out of retirement for a little while, let me know.  smile

M

Nov 22 05 12:57 pm Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Moraxian wrote:
Waaah!!!  sad  We never got the chance to hook up at FetishCon this year and now you won't be there next year... again *sob*!

Good luck in your retirement... and if you do come to FetishCon and want to come out of retirement for a little while, let me know.  smile

M

Will do! Thanks...
Jena

Nov 22 05 03:36 pm Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

BCG wrote:
hell, i will miss you and i never even met you...dont give the dickweeds who lied and decieved you the pleasure of your retirement...like te phoenix, rise from the ashes, reborn a new creature!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words. But I'm not sure I could reborn as a new creature. Kinda happy with the way I am now! lol...Thanks again.

Jena

Nov 22 05 03:38 pm Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

UdoR wrote:
Good luck Jena!

BTW, are you on BME-IAM?

Thanks! No, I'm not on that site. Why?

Nov 22 05 03:38 pm Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

C R Photography wrote:

So you let them win sad

Yes, I guess so. As much as I don't want to retire, there is only so much b.s. one can handle before it starts to sour one's mind.

Nov 22 05 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Moraxian wrote:

M

SexyJena wrote:
Will do! Thanks...
Jena

Okie, well I will be at the Con next year for sure... just let me know when it gets a little closer (I suspect it'll be August again so that they can book the entire hotel, and since the record for power outages during the con is better in August than September!)

Nov 23 05 07:45 am Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

SexyJena wrote:

Thanks for the encouraging words. But I'm not sure I could reborn as a new creature. Kinda happy with the way I am now! lol...Thanks again.

Jena

So don't get reborn.  Stay just as you are!  But don't let the bastards win. I encourage you to do as you wish, but please don't let the people who have screwed you over be the main influence in your decision. If you were closer to me, I'd work with you and I'd do so with honor and respect. You'd get whatever we agreed to; no lies.   Best wishes!

Alan

Nov 23 05 05:16 pm Link

Model

Inamourada Flux

Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Nov 23 05 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

SexyJena wrote:
After nearly 12 years of modeling, I've pretty much decided to retire at the end of this year. There are several reasons why, but for the most part, it's an expensive hobby to have and I'm so tired of being used, deceived, lied to, and getting burned.

For all the photographers I have agreed to work with, but haven't yet, I'll contact you and see if we can make arrangements.

To still be modeling @ 105 is amazing!

Nov 23 05 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I have not had the pleasure of working with you but we did discuss it briefly. I do hope we can make it happen someday. I wish you well.

Nov 23 05 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Reflective Images

Columbus, Ohio, US

Sorry to hear of your dismay, but I must say, I have seen the entire community change over the past 2 years.  I have also, as a photographer, experienced the same deviant, deceptive, liars and backbitters in the industry as well.  It didn't use to be this way.  And it's cost me a fair share of time, false friends, and money.  As a photographer.....I'm here to stay.....so for me there is no retirement.  I feel for you though, knowing what it's like.  The one thing I've learned in all this nastiness is that sometimes you have to free associate.......in order to disassociate from bad people.  Good luck in whatever you decide.

S.....

Nov 25 05 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Geeze Jena,

We never got that shoot in at fetishcon. Damn!

Paul

Nov 25 05 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I hate to see anyone give up on something that they are so obviously good at.  By the tone of your post, it seems that you are serious about giving up "the life;"  that just sucks.  I know that I am a nobody to you (we don't know each other from a box of turnips!) but, if I may be so bold to say, you not modeling would be a damn shame and a loss to a ton of good shooters (not the arseholes that screwed you over)...  Re consider.
Best of luck!
T.
P.S.  Killer figure and great art!

Nov 26 05 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Dark Before The Dawn

This is great, I just join MM and before I can have honor and privilege of working with another awesome model she retires. To bad the useless scam artists and so-called 'professional photographers' have claimed another victim. Sorry SexyJena, my outrage isn't directed at you, but rather the scam artists, cowards, and others both photographers & models who give career a bad name. Best of luck to you in the future, you certainly deserve it. - Dark Before The Dawn Photography.

Nov 26 05 11:51 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Dark Before The Dawn wrote:
This is great, I just join MM and before I can have honor and privilege of working with another awesome model she retires. To bad the useless scam artists and so-called 'professional photographers' have claimed another victim. Sorry SexyJena, my outrage isn't directed at you, but rather the scam artists, cowards, and others both photographers & models who give career a bad name. Best of luck to you in the future, you certainly deserve it. - Dark Before The Dawn Photography.

Yes, sorry we didn't meet sooner. I appreciate your interests and at this point am pretty much sticking to the retirement. I may next year shoot with certain photographers here and there (like Fetishcon) but by no means am I taking this "business" seriously anymore. I had a MAJOR bad experience recently (no, it was nothing sexual or of that nature) but it made me realize how bad people can take advantage of each other with absolutely no recourse. I will be posting soon on this experience for all to see. If I'm ever your way....I will certainly contact you. Thanks

Nov 27 05 10:42 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

ADG Photography wrote:

So don't get reborn.  Stay just as you are!  But don't let the bastards win. I encourage you to do as you wish, but please don't let the people who have screwed you over be the main influence in your decision. If you were closer to me, I'd work with you and I'd do so with honor and respect. You'd get whatever we agreed to; no lies.   Best wishes!

Alan

Thanks Alan, I will keep you in mind.

Nov 27 05 10:43 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
I have not had the pleasure of working with you but we did discuss it briefly. I do hope we can make it happen someday. I wish you well.

Yes, we have planned on a shoot and within my travels, I should be able to get to you soon. I will contact you. Thanks.

PS - you can always catch me on yahoo messenger (hotjena69). smile

Nov 27 05 10:44 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

T H Taylor wrote:
I hate to see anyone give up on something that they are so obviously good at.  By the tone of your post, it seems that you are serious about giving up "the life;"  that just sucks.  I know that I am a nobody to you (we don't know each other from a box of turnips!) but, if I may be so bold to say, you not modeling would be a damn shame and a loss to a ton of good shooters (not the arseholes that screwed you over)...  Re consider.
Best of luck!
T.
P.S.  Killer figure and great art!

Thanks for the compliment. It's nice to hear. I am still retiring but I have select shoots that I have committed to and will honor those. My main focus has always been artistic shoots as well as magazines and thoroughly enjoyed it. You may see me in a magazine here and there in the next year...

Nov 27 05 10:47 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Merlinpix wrote:
Geeze Jena,

We never got that shoot in at fetishcon. Damn!

Paul

I'll probably still go, but just as an attendee instead of registered model. We can work something out.

Nov 27 05 10:49 am Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Reflective Images wrote:
Sorry to hear of your dismay, but I must say, I have seen the entire community change over the past 2 years.  I have also, as a photographer, experienced the same deviant, deceptive, liars and backbitters in the industry as well.  It didn't use to be this way.  And it's cost me a fair share of time, false friends, and money.  As a photographer.....I'm here to stay.....so for me there is no retirement.  I feel for you though, knowing what it's like.  The one thing I've learned in all this nastiness is that sometimes you have to free associate.......in order to disassociate from bad people.  Good luck in whatever you decide.

S.....

Amen to that! My thoughts exactly....thanks God I have a day job....lol

Nov 27 05 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I was lucky to have worked with you and I am sorry to see you go. It is a rarity that you can find a model who is as free and open with her body that she wish to use it for art's sake.

Nov 27 05 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

SexyJena wrote:

Dang it, I still want to get the vase picture..

Nov 27 05 04:03 pm Link