Forums > General Industry > Bad breath and bad manners

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

As much as I love my job, even I have my challenging clients. I had a woman of great girth who would hiccup then burp. She would expell this ungodly breath that should at the very least be classified as a weapon of mass destruction. What was challenging was she was very rude to boot. But with my training, I managed to upsell her to the premium package so all was not lost.

Care to share any client horror stories?

Nov 11 05 09:16 am Link

Model

Inamourada Flux

Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom

cookie monster wrote:
As much as I love my job, even I have my challenging clients. I had a woman of great girth who would hiccup then burp. She would expell this ungodly breath that should at the very least be classified as a weapon of mass destruction. What was challenging was she was very rude to boot. But with my training, I managed to upsell her to the premium package so all was not lost.

Lovely.

Nov 11 05 09:28 am Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

cookie monster wrote:

Care to share any client horror stories?

Delightful...

Nov 11 05 01:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Imagine how a makeup artist would have dealt...

Nov 11 05 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Gerry

Tracey Masterson wrote:

Ok . . . ewwww!  You added to my respect for the fine makeup people!

Nov 11 05 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

holy smoke batman.

Nov 11 05 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Muir

Potomac, Maryland, US

What were you selling her? The premium package of listerine?????

Nov 11 05 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:

Most MUAs I have met carry breath mints as part of their standard gear.

Nov 11 05 08:37 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

hmm...so many stories to choose from..ok when I worked in retail there was a woman that was watching me for a while and then she came up to me and said with great conviction "God told me to come to you, he said that you are about to kill yourself and that you need to be saved." And she said a lot more but that is the gist of it (completely untrue). Anyway, she made me hold hands with her and pray and I did it b/c I was scared out of my mind! She had that crazy person look in her eyes!

Nov 11 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

adrienne of Zswana wrote:
hmm...so many stories to choose from..ok when I worked in retail there was a woman that was watching me for a while and then she came up to me and said with great conviction "God told me to come to you, he said that you are about to kill yourself and that you need to be saved." And she said a lot more but that is the gist of it (completely untrue). Anyway, she made me hold hands with her and pray and I did it b/c I was scared out of my mind! She had that crazy person look in her eyes!

Nov 12 05 06:10 am Link

Model

May-Lu

Austin, Indiana, US

EyeOnYouModels wrote:

The next time this happens you should stop them in the middle of their prayer and tell them (with crazed look in your eyes) that God told you that THEY need to get into Amway!

hahahaha!  Good one....

May smile

Nov 12 05 06:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Most MUAs I have met carry breath mints as part of their standard gear.

And the hiccuping and burping part?
lol

Nov 12 05 06:26 am Link

Photographer

PATAAZ

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Client? What clients?

Nov 12 05 08:51 am Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

EyeOnYouModels wrote:

The next time this happens you should stop them in the middle of their prayer and tell them (with crazed look in your eyes) that God told you that THEY need to get into Amway!

Hey- I don't mess with crazy people! When someone has that wild look in their eyes you slowly back away without breaking eye contact!

Nov 12 05 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:

And the hiccuping and burping part?
lol

Palette knives?

Nov 12 05 09:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I have a breath arsonal in my make-up kit and I eat mints like crazy and offer all the time to the ppl I am working with this way atleast when I am close to their face I smell mint not lunch. and I woul offer some tumms for the belching and water for the hickups smile

Nov 14 05 12:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Palette knives?

LOL!
You are the only photographer that I know of that knows what a palette knife it.  You really pay attention.  Or have you dated many muas?  Or a closet artist that prefers being behind the lens?

Nov 14 05 03:43 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Nope, so interesting story here. But that one was great!

Nov 14 05 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:

LOL!
You are the only photographer that I know of that knows what a palette knife it.  You really pay attention.  Or have you dated many muas?  Or a closet artist that prefers being behind the lens?

I went to an artsy school and even made an acrylic painting or two.  But I prefer charcoal...

(And the only MUA I haven't wanted to date was male. tongueyikeswinkwinksmilebig_smilesmilewinktongue)

Nov 14 05 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

While in a Yoga pose for an artistic nude shoot this weekend, my model blew a big ass fart.

Luckily I was up wind and about 10 feet away.

My reflector monkey almost yaked up his lunch wink

Nov 14 05 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

C R Photography wrote:
While in a Yoga pose for an artistic nude shoot this weekend, my model blew a big ass fart.

Luckily I was up wind and about 10 feet away.

haha! For a newbie, this thread is priceless. So many things to look forward to big_smile

*Makes Shopping List*
1. Altiods
2. Listerine pocket packs
3. Glade candles
4. peppermints
5. contact the Culligan Man.

Nov 14 05 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Bruce Muir wrote:
What were you selling her? The premium package of listerine?????

Maybe it was the industrial strength Altoids.  wink

Nov 14 05 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

adrienne of Zswana wrote:

Nov 14 05 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Travis Feisthamel Photo

Watertown, New York, US

Phil Kimpton wrote:
I bet you're glad to be out of retail... I ran into my fair share of nuts too.. customers and fellow employees!

I can attest to that, I have been in retail since around 1986 and am still in it. I think it has gotten worse in the past 5 years too. Unless it is just me with shorter patience. LOL

Nov 14 05 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

DRowan

Port Orange, Florida, US

C R Photography wrote:

Sorry, but that's one of the funniest things I've read on here!

Nov 14 05 06:00 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

This lady at my pool makes me help her undress. Let me tell you, she's no kevlar gal.

Aug 21 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

cookie monster wrote:

She must have had money to spend, to be worth dealing with.

Aug 21 06 03:13 pm Link