Forums > General Industry > Crappy MM t-shirt pics, my dog & a new cameraphone

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

So we got some test shirts in for the MM shirts!  We went with just the slogans we had before.  We are probably going to change the models slogan though.  And if there's enough interest we will do different slogans, styles, colors etc.

So here are some sample pics.  Remember, I am not photographer ..... and I'm using a cameraphone (Sony w800)   I couldn't figure out the camera settings all that great either.  Also, my dog wouldn't leave me alone. So those are my excuses tongue

Doug will be shooting the professional pics soon.  So don't turn your nose up until you see those big_smile

Yeah, definitely didn't have the right photo settings here...
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/1.jpg

London (the dog) is an attention whore...
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/2.jpg

https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/3.jpg

https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/4.jpg

I just put these in here, because I thought it was funny.  The dog was getting in the way and coworker Jen tried to shoo the dog away and he went after her hand.
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/5.jpg
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/6.jpg
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/7.jpg

We thought this could be a cool idea.  We are gonna ship a MM Sharpie marker with this t-shirt so you can write your # in.  I'm thinking this could be really cool or really lame tongue
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/8.jpg

This is my fav
https://modelmayhem.com/images/shirts/9.jpg

Nov 04 05 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

I like the blank "put your number here" idea - neat!

When can we order these?

Hopefully you'll be accepting PayPal  big_smile

Bill

Nov 04 05 03:11 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Tyler I love them all! Especially the last two! Sign me up for one of each!

Nov 04 05 03:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

I think the fill in the blank is the cutest idea!
Tyler, they look great.

Nov 04 05 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

I'll have two but only if the dog doesn't pee on them first wink

Like the number idea too. Can i get that in orange? Kinda remind me of the old prison days

Nov 04 05 03:25 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

JM Dean wrote:
Kinda remind me of the old prison days

????

That's funny cause it didn't bring up anything on your prison record search that I did before I shot with you wink

Nov 04 05 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

IsabelAurora wrote:
????

That's funny cause it didn't bring up anything on your prison record search that I did before I shot with you wink

CIA has good coverup smile

Nov 04 05 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

not Randell r

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Like the "I Shoot Models" smile good idea for promotion.

Randell

Nov 04 05 04:36 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Randell Blair wrote:
Like the "I Shoot Models" smile good idea for promotion.

Randell

Hell I'll wear that one! I just love it! When will they be available???

Nov 04 05 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Visualconcepts

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Very cool! I will be getting to sport all over the KY!

Nov 04 05 04:45 pm Link

Retoucher

Charcoal Artist

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Love the shirts.    Keep us posted on when we can buy them,  I like the "I shoot models" best

Nov 04 05 05:17 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

I LOVE THE PUPPY!!!!!SO CUTE!!!!!!! I know the shirts are cute to tyler but the puppy the puppy! so adorable.

Nov 04 05 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

H. Robert Holmes

TALL TIMBERS, Maryland, US

Can I get one with a Pocket?  Pocket-Ts are the best!

Nov 04 05 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

"I shoot models......"
It's funny cause it's so true!!

Nov 04 05 06:20 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I love it!!  And cute puppy!!

I love the "I shoot models" one, but what about a model version?  "Shoot me"?? big_smile

Nov 04 05 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Quite enterprising, if I do say so myself.

Nov 05 05 08:40 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i cant follow a dog act.....

Nov 05 05 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Digital Plus Photo

Washington, Illinois, US

So maybe forget all the talk already and tell us how much and where we can order. We don't need fancy pictures to tell us we already like it. I want my order in as soon as possible, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee......
Great site, great "T", lets do it.

Nov 05 05 09:41 am Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Tyler wrote:
So we got some test shirts in for the MM shirts!  We went with just the slogans we had before.  We are probably going to change the models slogan though.  And if there's enough interest we will do different slogans, styles, colors etc.

So here are some sample pics.  Remember, I am not photographer ..... and I'm using a cameraphone (Sony w800)   I couldn't figure out the camera settings all that great either.  Also, my dog wouldn't leave me alone. So those are my excuses tongue

Doug will be shooting the professional pics soon.  So don't turn your nose up until you see those big_smile

Hmm, I see the creation of a new shirt replacing "wifebeaters and boybeaters"...the new 'photogbeater'

Nov 05 05 09:52 am Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Tyler wrote:
We thought this could be a cool idea.  We are gonna ship a MM Sharpie marker with this t-shirt so you can write your # in.  I'm thinking this could be really cool or really lame tongue

Sorry dude, lame...

I understand why everybody is trying to KYA, but look at it realistically. People buy t-shirts to wear them, and the stuff it says on it is to show off. Nobody out there (unless a member of MM) is going to understand what these numbers mean, at best they will think it's your insurance policy number cause that is a typical example of when one is no more then a number to them. For this sake I like DeviantART cause each member has a name, not a number. It's only OMP that doesn't care about names and each member is a number instead. You were trying to achieve same effect so you followed their example, disregarding people's names and giving them numbers instead. It's similar to nazi concentration encampments or russian gulags. You had no name there, they tattooed a number on your skin and you became a number, a statistic. I believe, that showing off as a nameless person who is a number instead is pretty lame.

Besides the fact that no one will understand what this number means (if you wear such t shirt in the real world), even if people were to wear those on MM meetups and stuff, I still don't know who MM#5588 is. But I do know who Brian Diaz is. Seeing people wearing t shirts with their number on it will not help me recognize them. I recognize their names - IsabelAurora, UdoR, The Photo Chic, etc. Numbers are lame, regardless of MM masses who are KYA because you're a creator.

JMHO

Mark

PS - Am I banned because I'm honest and prefer to exploit the truth rather then having my nose brown?

Nov 05 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Sorry dude, lame...

I understand why everybody is trying to KYA, but look at it realistically. People buy t-shirts to wear them, and the stuff it says on it is to show off. Nobody out there (unless a member of MM) is going to understand what these numbers mean, at best they will think it's your insurance policy number cause that is a typical example of when one is no more then a number to them. For this sake I like DeviantART cause each member has a name, not a number. It's only OMP that doesn't care about names and each member is a number instead. You were trying to achieve same effect so you followed their example, disregarding people's names and giving them numbers instead. It's similar to nazi concentration encampments or russian gulags. You had no name there, they tattooed a number on your skin and you became a number, a statistic. I believe, that showing off as a nameless person who is a number instead is pretty lame.

Besides the fact that no one will understand what this number means (if you wear such t shirt in the real world), even if people were to wear those on MM meetups and stuff, I still don't know who MM#5588 is. But I do know who Brian Diaz is. Seeing people wearing t shirts with their number on it will not help me recognize them. I recognize their names - IsabelAurora, UdoR, The Photo Chic, etc. Numbers are lame, regardless of MM masses who are KYA because you're a creator.

JMHO

Mark

PS - Am I banned because I'm honest and prefer to exploit the truth rather then having my nose brown?

I love the shirts - The "I shoot models" is my favorite.  I do like the number, but agree with Mark, not sure how many people (if any) would get it. 

I assume you'll have a disclaimer "Dog not included"?  LOL ...cute dog, however.

Tim

Nov 05 05 03:35 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

MarkMarek wrote:
them. I recognize their names - IsabelAurora...

Hey that's me! smile

Nov 05 05 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Love the shirts Bro..............

Nov 05 05 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

MarkMarek wrote:
Sorry dude, lame...

This is true.

Mabe instead have the URL on the shirt with a backslash after it and a palce to fill in the rest of your direct link.

For example, I would fill in mine to mine to look like this:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/billtracy

Maybe that would make more sense?

Bill

Nov 06 05 06:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

No, not brown nosing.  Why?  The site is already free and I don't need an in at Teeze magazine. LMAO
And who is going to recognize UdoR or IsabelAurora (don't mean to call you out!) in the 'real world'.  Who cares?  The number idea is cute.  The frickin dog is cute.  I am cute.
It is the joke that is cute.
w h y a m i a r g u i n g.
I would rather read someone's honest opinion than the old-smoke-up-the-butt routine anyway.  So everyone wins. 
It is cute because it is different.  I wouldn't put my name on a shirt.  If I was modeling, I definately would not put my name on a shirt.  I would rather people just said Yo baby, rather than Yo, Tracey Masterson as I stroll down Broadway.

Nov 06 05 06:46 am Link

Photographer

WATERSTREETNORTH

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Your dog is just too cute... must be a great friend.

ModelMayhem.com is my vote.

Member #'s? Not on a T-shirt, but those numbers make life a whole lot easier for typing in on screen, rather than to remember exact spelling of a name. Face to face though - we all have a name and like to hear it spoken.

Nov 06 05 06:58 am Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

could the shirt be a golf style shirt, with pocket and not round neck?(they feel like they are choking me)

Nov 06 05 07:11 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

as cute as tylers dog is...check out this sneak preview..

"Prinzzess"...Penthouse Pet (October 2004) and Model Mayhem member #967..

I think she's way cuter then Tyler's dog...

https://www.swinskey-photographic-art.com/images/9648.jpg

Nov 06 05 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Picture This

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
as cute as tylers dog is...check out this sneak preview..

Agree!

I'll take 2 of her and a shirt, XXL. smile

ps Nice shot, Doug~

Nov 06 05 08:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

That is a great shot of her Doug.  And the shirt.
Wonderful job by all.

Nov 06 05 12:21 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Tracey Masterson wrote:
And who is going to recognize UdoR or IsabelAurora....

Hey that's me again!! smile

Nov 06 05 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

MarkMarek wrote:
But I do know who Brian Diaz is.

Hey, that's me!

Nov 06 05 12:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

IsabelAurora wrote:

Hey that's me again!! smile

Now everyone is going to know who you are!!! :-)
Maybe we should just put YOU on the shirt.  You would make a wonderful poster girl.
You have a really nice portfolio going, btw.  Very diverse.

Nov 06 05 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Sorry dude, lame...

JMHO

Mark

R E L A X ! ! ! !
Holy God someone forgot to take their Prozak!
Go take some pictures of anything, don't buy the T-Shirts, breathe....

Nov 06 05 05:07 pm Link

Model

!Tiger!

New York, New York, US

hahaha  I looooove London shes so damn cutttte

And she has every right to be here- shes gougeous and better model then alot of girlies I see here

;-)Tig

Nov 06 05 09:35 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

I'm kinda into the dog myself...

Nov 06 05 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Cory Morhart Photo

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Can we get shirts with the dog?

Nov 06 05 10:14 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

CM Photography wrote:
Can we get shirts with the dog?

i agree, i want to shoot with the cute puppy!

Z

Nov 06 05 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Zoe wrote:

i agree, i want to shoot with the cute puppy!

Z

Zoe, you require no canine embellishment..

https://www.swinskey-photographic-art.com/images/9766.jpg

Nov 07 05 06:14 am Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Zoe, you require no canine embellishment..

https://www.swinskey-photographic-art.com/images/9766.jpg

Thanks Doug!  This was a fun shot!

Nov 07 05 05:23 pm Link