Forums > Newbie Forum > new to MM and the modeling industry

Model

Melanie1118

Baltimore, Maryland, US

hey everyone, my name's Melanie and I'm new to everything about the business.  I've been on three photo shoots and I absolutely loved each one.  If you would like, I would really appreciate comments and criticisms of my photos on my online portfolio.  I don't have any new ones from the third shoot but those will be up as soon as I receive the final products.

Huge thank you to MM photographers:  Bill Brittain and Patrick O. for their help in my shoots this past week

Oct 30 05 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

You've gotten off to a good start. I like your look but I'm not crazy about most of the photos. But these are the tools you'll need to get started and as such will be fine...but keep looking for better and better photogs to work with.
As you did ask for feedback I'll critique your avatar image, (titled "40's glamour shot).
My biggest complaint about this photo is the fact that the photog had the hair light way to far forward and it lit your face from straight over your head...which caused those not-so-flattering shadows under your eyes....looks like you're wearing a lone-ranger mask. This would be a great shot (you did your part) if it wasn't for that little thing.
Hold off on getting comp cards until you've worked with some better photogs.
Good luck.

Oct 30 05 07:15 pm Link