Forums > General Industry > In need of constructive criticism...

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hi everyone!  I don't have any more space available for pictures on this site, and I was kind of wanting to take some of them off to make room for the new ones that I will be getting.  I would really appreciate some honest constructive criticism from anyone who has the time... (which pics are your absolute favorites, and which ones you simply do not like.)  Thanks in advance!

May 16 05 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

OK...I'll make comments in your port...I will be nice...and delete any you don't like

May 16 05 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I also left you a few comments, delete them if you don't like the comment.  You have some killer images there!

May 16 05 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Personally, to start off with I would ditch the gun and the billboard.  As a photographer, they don't show me anything I want to see when looking for a model.

The Super Street one I have mixed feelings about.  It is a tear sheet which I suppose is a good thing, but I don't think it's a very good photo and the scan quality is horrible.

The wooden cross doesn't do anything for me.

The rest I feel are very good and elliminating any more would be a tougher decision.  It would come down to maintaining a good variety and range while targeting the areas that you're most interested in getting work in.

Some favorites:
Brown bikini with the top untied
White crop tank and jeans
Bookcase with brown outfit (teddy bear is kinda cute too)

May 16 05 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Gary Davis: 
Personally, to start off with I would ditch the gun and the billboard.  As a photographer, they don't show me anything I want to see when looking for a model.

Wendi,

I'd agree regarding the gun. It's not a bad photo. But it just doesn't have anything to do with YOU. It's just showing off a gun.

In my opinion, the billboard is cool just because I think it's fun and neat to be able to say you've been on a billboard.

Everything else you have looks fine to me. Good variety of shots. Smiling. Serious. Full body. Closeups. Looks good from my chair.

May 16 05 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

What direction did you want to take your career?

May 16 05 09:24 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by W. Herb Clark: 
OK...I'll make comments in your port...I will be nice...and delete any you don't like

Thank you so much for your comments...you were very helpful!

May 16 05 10:04 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Aperture Photographics: 
I also left you a few comments, delete them if you don't like the comment.  You have some killer images there! 

Thank you for your comments...it really means a lot to me that you took some time to help me out!

May 16 05 10:05 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Gary Davis: 

The Super Street one I have mixed feelings about.  It is a tear sheet which I suppose is a good thing, but I don't think it's a very good photo and the scan quality is horrible.

The wooden cross doesn't do anything for me.

The rest I feel are very good and elliminating any more would be a tougher decision.  It would come down to maintaining a good variety and range while targeting the areas that you're most interested in getting work in.

Some favorites:
Brown bikini with the top untied
White crop tank and jeans
Bookcase with brown outfit (teddy bear is kinda cute too)

Thank you very much...the ones that I had questions about were the same ones that you didn't like.  It always helps to get a second opinion!

May 16 05 10:07 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Wendi,

I'd agree regarding the gun. It's not a bad photo. But it just doesn't have anything to do with YOU. It's just showing off a gun.

In my opinion, the billboard is cool just because I think it's fun and neat to be able to say you've been on a billboard.

Everything else you have looks fine to me. Good variety of shots. Smiling. Serious. Full body. Closeups. Looks good from my chair.

Thank you for your comments...I got more than a few negative ones on the photo with the gun, so I took it down, along with a couple of others.  You have all been so helpful!

May 16 05 10:09 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by LaMarco Photo: 

First of all, thank you for the comments.  Second of all, you ask a very good question.  I am such an open-minded, easy going person that I will try anything (well, almost anything!) once.  I don't have any particular "direction" that I want to take my career, since I enjoy it all!  I would even like to give acting a try at some point.  As for what I prefer...pretty much any job that gets me in a magazine or on TV, so long as it's good publicity, or pays well!  Just out of curiosity, why did you ask?

May 16 05 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Posted by LaMarco Photo: 

First of all, thank you for the comments.  Second of all, you ask a very good question.  I am such an open-minded, easy going person that I will try anything (well, almost anything!) once.  I don't have any particular "direction" that I want to take my career, since I enjoy it all!  I would even like to give acting a try at some point.  As for what I prefer...pretty much any job that gets me in a magazine or on TV, so long as it's good publicity, or pays well!  Just out of curiosity, why did you ask?

I can't speak for LaMarco, but I almost asked you the same question.

And I can tell you why I almost asked.

Simply put - no one can do it all. There are countless types of modeling and acting. Theatre. Film. Television. Print. Runway. Adult. You name it.

The method to attain success in each of those fields is all slightly different.

As life goes on, you may be able to explore MANY of those venues in time. But, in the beginning, you need to find some focus. If you try to "do it all" you'll spread yourself too thin and never succeed anywhere. Find what you want to do the most and hone-in on it.

May 16 05 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Images

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

almost all of them are crap. Take down all of the swimsuit and leave the other 4 up. good luck.

May 16 05 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Interesting - I woudl see the billboard work as a model that can actually get professional advertising work.. thus more a seasoned pro than most..

Posted by Gary Davis: 
Personally, to start off with I would ditch the gun and the billboard. 

May 16 05 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Who are you? If you really want to shoot glamour - and you think her images are crap - well I guess you have alot to learn...

Also - can you tell me what magazines this photo in your profile was published in and proove you actually took it.. this is a very famous shot and I would say you are a true pro if you took it but I feel with your attitude you did not take it at all:

https://modelmayhem.com/pics/428965e30272b.jpg

Posted by Creative Images: 
almost all of them are crap. Take down all of the swimsuit and leave the other 4 up. good luck. 

May 16 05 10:47 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You're lucky that you live in New Jersey...although I do have family and friends there, and it's only a short flight away...

May 16 05 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

BlueTree Images

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Nice call Brent.  Creative IMages will be gone by tommorrow I imagine.

May 16 05 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Images

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

You're lucky that you live in New Jersey...although I do have family and friends there, and it's only a short flight away...

what are you going to do??? ha ha ha beat me up?? I'd break you!

May 16 05 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

i know he's gone, but the little weasely guy in the self port better put on a another 70lbs before he starts mouthing off...

May 16 05 11:22 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

i know he's gone, but the little weasely guy in the self port better put on a another 70lbs before he starts mouthing off... 

Yeah, especially since my fiance is a 230 pound bodybuilder! (Did I mention that he gets REALLY pissed off if someone f*cks with me?!?!)

May 16 05 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
Just out of curiosity, why did you ask?

I only asked since you have such a strong portfolio. I also noticed that the pic with the most comments on it was more adult based and was not sure if it would affect the direction of your work from here or not.

I beleive stuff like that is saved for a LOOKSEE or 2nd meeting. Its a no brainer attention getter in a good way since the industry is filled with men who do the hiring.

You have a really solid port and great work, so no worries.

May 16 05 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
Yeah, especially since my fiance is a 230 pound bodybuilder! (Did I mention that he gets REALLY pissed off if someone f*cks with me?!?!)

(rolls eyes)

Okay. Okay. Can we get off the "I'm gonna sic my boyfriend on you" gradeshcool-playground talk and get back to your modeling career?

Come on people. You're all getting distracted by a troll. Don't do that.

May 16 05 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Man I wish I could have responded to that......

It is funny - big on computer - only if he knew who was truly behind the cameras... and how many models know Kill bill style sword fighting.

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

May 16 05 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 

Man I wish I could have responded to that......

It is funny - big on computer - only if he knew who was truly behind the cameras... and how many models know Kill bill style sword fighting.

Ugh. I give up. Trolls always win. Why do I try?

May 16 05 11:36 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

(rolls eyes)

Okay. Okay. Can we get off the "I'm gonna sic my boyfriend on you" gradeshcool-playground talk and get back to your modeling career?

Come on people. You're all getting distracted by a troll. Don't do that.

Ok, Ok,...calm down. I'm not distracted, just bored.  I was actually having some fun!  But I guess I should say the same to you...why get distracted by my comment that was directed toward someone else?

May 16 05 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
Ok, Ok,...calm down. I'm not distracted, just bored.  I was actually having some fun!  But I guess I should say the same to you...why get distracted by my comment that was directed toward someone else?

My darling, if there is one thing I have learned in this life it is to never disagree with a woman.

Hence, I humbly concede to your point. You are right. I am equally guilty of distraction and your logic is duly noted.

(bows graciously)

;-)

P.S. This is one of my favorite shots on this entire website:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/426512da5f389.jpg

May 16 05 11:39 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

My darling, if there is one thing I have learned in this life it is to never disagree with a woman.

Hence, I humbly concede to your point. You are right. I am equally guilty of distraction and your logic is duly noted.

(bows graciously)

;-)

P.S. This is one of my favorite shots on this entire website:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/426512da5f389.jpg

You are so funny!!!  And thanks for the compliment!

May 16 05 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

Visual Edge

Fenton, Michigan, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
Hi everyone!  I don't have any more space available for pictures on this site, and I was kind of wanting to take some of them off to make room for the new ones that I will be getting.  I would really appreciate some honest constructive criticism from anyone who has the time... (which pics are your absolute favorites, and which ones you simply do not like.)  Thanks in advance!

Wendi,
I have looked at your portfolio several times tonight trying decide which are my favorites and which you could possibly remove to create space. It is no easy task since they are all nice. If I had to pick one to possibly remove I would maybe say the one not showing your face.

May 16 05 11:53 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Visual Edge: 

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Wendi,
I have looked at your portfolio several times tonight trying decide which are my favorites and which you could possibly remove to create space. It is no easy task since they are all nice. If I had to pick one to possibly remove I would maybe say the one not showing your face.

Thank you so much for the compliments.  I actually already took down about 4 or 5 images that had the most negative comments, but don't ever hesitate to let me know if you see something that you don't like, or that you don't think flatters me!

May 17 05 12:02 am Link

Photographer

Visual Edge

Fenton, Michigan, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Posted by Visual Edge: 

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Wendi,

Thank you so much for the compliments.  I actually already took down about 4 or 5 images that had the most negative comments, but don't ever hesitate to let me know if you see something that you don't like, or that you don't think flatters me!

I love the bubble bath shots, but I think I picked my favorite at least for now. I am going to bed now so I don't look again and change my mind.

So for tonight this is my favorite: https://modelmayhem.com/pics/425a214d2ba98.jpg

May 17 05 12:08 am Link