Forums > General Industry > Male or female models?

Photographer

Alex Valtchev

Stara Zagora, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria

For who is easier to become a model. For a males or females. Why? Support and examples.

May 14 05 01:34 am Link

Model

kiana's place

Citrus Heights, California, US

what about he/she models..

May 14 05 01:35 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by AlExAkE: 
For who is easier to become a model. For a males or females. Why? Support and examples.

Uh, females duh!

May 14 05 03:55 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by AlExAkE: 

girls are pretty!
guys like pretty girls!
Most photographers are guys!!
Guys invented the camera,
To take pics of girls!
The camera was not invented to take pics of guys!!
Thanks for progress cause i will shoot you Alex!!

May 14 05 04:06 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I'd trade my sister to gypsies for more male models.  Open-minded males, that is.  Macho studs need not apply.

May 14 05 07:03 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

People would rather look at girls. Well, not gay men. But straight men, straight women and lesbians would all rather lkook at girls. So the market is bigger.

May 14 05 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by AlExAkE: 

If your desire is to become a model, then consider this. When looking at your pics, I get guy and his car, not model.

May 15 05 12:26 am Link

Photographer

PTH Photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Melvin Moten Jr: 
I'd trade my sister to gypsies for more male models.  Open-minded males, that is.  Macho studs need not apply.

I agree. I don't know why there aren't more guys out there trying to become models. Over the years I've run into a lot of good looking girls who all of them have considered modeling or done it. But, I've also met a lot of good looking guys who tell me they've never thought about it.  So I guess it must be our culture which pushes much more female images on us so the demand is there for girl models.

May 15 05 12:47 am Link

Model

KARELEA

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

BAD NEWS:
The fashion market and everything else that applies to that genre has a focus on women more why?
Almost everything sells with a woman advertising. Guys pay attention because.. well.. call it a natural instinct. Girls look because they cant resist, they need to fuel their passion to look great, they are simply girls. Gays look because they something in common with the top two samples, lesbians look because well.. duuh. So its a circle. Girls get hired more.
GOOD NEWS:
Unlike female models whos career as a model 'usually' has success from 14yr-35yr or best time is from 16yr-25yr, male models have a longer path. Males can model anywhere from (fashion, global) 16yr-50yr easy as long as you look good body wise, but if you can look great at 70.. well, you'll get booked for catalog (?)...
So, MALES DONT BE AFRAID TO TRY! PLEASE DO! you'll outlast the girls and it'll even out interms of pay in the long run... (or more $)
peace.

May 15 05 05:25 am Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Interestingly enough, more females are utilized, but there are more of them available.  Males play a smaller role in volume use, but are harder to come by.  We can easily find female models ready for any job we're called on - but finding the right guy can always be a challenge.  I'd say, that in mind, a male stands a better chance than a female.  Anyone know any good [commercial and fashion] male models in Texas?  Always in the need.

May 15 05 08:13 am Link