Forums > General Industry > Dangerous scam?

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Dear Model,     

We are glad to tell u that you have been invited to per-take at the international models beauty peageant & fashion show that will be coming up in Nigeria ( West africa ).

We are creating a greater relationship among models around the world,so therefore this competition is been participate among fashion & beauty models from all the continents.
You are required to furnish us with the requisite informations to enable us work out modelities on our to models.

So please do feel free to contact our secretary or our personal manager
the person of Sir Reuben Wriggley
234-1-8921125.

Regards,
Management.....

----------------------------------------------

Im a member and activist for the Anti-Human Slavery network (yes, the human slave trade is STILL alive and thriving - mostly sexual and forced labour). Nigeria is Africa's slave trade central - many of the sex slaves for the world for forced labor come from this country.

Does anyone else find this email alarming, nowknowing the above mentioned facts?

May 13 05 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

The prince of Nigeria recently died and he left $300 million in a U.S. bank.  If I will provide my banking information, his Uncle in Nigeria will give me 10% of the Prince's vast fortune for my kindness.

Dismiss your email invitation as SPAM.

May 13 05 01:16 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Posted by Austin Models & Talent Agency: 
The prince of Nigeria recently died and he left $300 million in a U.S. bank.  If I will provide my banking information, his Uncle in Nigeria will give me 10% of the Prince's vast fortune for my kindness.

Dismiss your email invitation as SPAM.

LOL - yea...Im very familure with the 411 scam about the bank account info. That scam has actually lead to at least 50 known deaths.

May 13 05 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

a dangerous cam...are you talking about the canon 20D??
i heard it was dangerous..better stay clear of that thing..phew!

May 13 05 01:30 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
a dangerous cam...are you talking about the canon 20D??
i heard it was dangerous..better stay clear of that thing..phew!

LOL

May 13 05 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Lady Atropos: 
LOL - yea...Im very familure with the 411 scam about the bank account info. That scam has actually lead to at least 50 known deaths.

419 scam (not 411) :-)

May 13 05 02:06 pm Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

Posted by Chris Ambler: 

Posted by Lady Atropos: 

419 scam (not 411) :-)

Ive gotten an email to every email account I own. that says something along the lines of.. blah blah from blah died and has 100 million dollars in his account.  He left no will and we found out that you are his only living relative.   you should blah blah so you can help us get blah money..
Its all Blah blah Bullshit.   Just hit delete!.. Better safe than sorry smile

Blah! big_smile

May 13 05 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

I have the 411 on the 419...

May 13 05 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 
I have the 411 on the 419...

thats a 10-4..

May 13 05 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by Lady Atropos: 

[b]

Do you have any proof for such a claim?  Sounds like an urban legand to me.

May 13 05 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by marksora: 

Posted by Lady Atropos: 

[b]

Do you have any proof for such a claim?  Sounds like an urban legand to me.

i think its the 20D thats responsible..

May 13 05 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

no I heard an F5 fell from the Empire State building and took out a whole group of 50 Japanese tourists with one nikon camera.

Well I guess there was a zoom lens also on it.

May 13 05 08:00 pm Link

Model

kiana's place

Citrus Heights, California, US

Scam ..what are you talking about? I just got flown to Nigeria..actually shipped by fed ex. I arrived in Nigeria. A little worn out, tired, dehydrated and in need of a cold shower. I was showed to a hostel place where a lot of young people were there. IT was dirty, roach invested and not too clean. But they did provide airfare and accomodations..
I even got a spoonful of dirty rice;)
Now I am modeling in Nigeria and appearing on a local tv show. And then last night I got my first male client. Sold into sex trade.....My dream..I am an international model..

Beware....scary

May 13 05 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by marksora: 
no I heard an F5 fell from the Empire State building and took out a whole group of 50 Japanese tourists with one nikon camera.

Well I guess there was a zoom lens also on it.

bet it still works..

May 13 05 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

I got one of those emails via craigslist 2 years ago.  I keep on getting them since then.  I actually gave one of the guys my mailing address so I could check out one of his checks.  He couldn't even spell my name right.

May 13 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
I got one of those emails via craigslist 2 years ago.  I keep on getting them since then.  I actually gave one of the guys my mailing address so I could check out one of his checks.  He couldn't even spell my name right.

i did the same... amscot wouldn't cash a check for 100,000,000 dollars

May 13 05 10:01 pm Link