Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have just one question why in every thread I have read(glad to say less on MM) after the first reply, the rest of the replies are slandering what someone else replied with?(did I say reply too much,lol)What is the logic in that?

May 12 05 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by kavonna: 
I have just one question why in every thread I have read(glad to say less on MM) after the first reply, the rest of the replies are slandering what someone else replied with?(did I say reply too much,lol)What is the logic in that?

by slander do you mean "defamation" or do you just mean arguing..

slander(libel)is when you you purposely make untrue accusations about someone...i haven't seen that here..but i do see a lot of arguing.

May 12 05 11:27 pm Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by kavonna: 

slander(libel)is when you you purposely make untrue accusations about someone...i haven't seen that here..but i do see a lot of arguing.

I am sorry I meant arguing back and fourth like children

May 12 05 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by kavonna: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by kavonna: 

yes there has been lots of behaving like children..myself included....but hey..im human...

May 12 05 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by kavonna: 

What are you talking about? I don't argue like a child! You're wrong! Your momma wears combat boots! My dad can beat up your dad! You're mean! I'm telling my big brother on you!

P.S. Your avatar shot is great. You look fantastic, kiddo.

May 12 05 11:38 pm Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 

Posted by kavonna: 

What are you talking about? I don't argue like a child! You're wrong! Your momma wears combat boots! My dad can beat up your dad! You're mean! I'm telling my big brother on you!

lol, my momma can beat your up

May 12 05 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lamont

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey my momma wore combat boots everytime my sister and I went at it (one boot for the both of us.)

May 13 05 12:17 am Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

P.S. Your avatar shot is great. You look fantastic, kiddo.

Thanks

May 13 05 12:25 am Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Umm is that not what boards like this are for for everyone to argue and then we all find out we are idiots and hopefully change for the better??

May 13 05 12:33 am Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 
Umm is that not what boards like this are for for everyone to argue and then we all find out we are idiots and hopefully change for the better??

I am new to this that is why I asked the question, cause I really don't know.

May 13 05 12:46 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Because we are animals.

May 13 05 09:16 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT BOX

May 13 05 10:05 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by kavonna: 

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

Posted by kavonna: 

yes there has been lots of behaving like children..myself included....but hey..im human...

But aren't u an adult?

LOL

There seems like not many talking on here are! And i was looking for those capable of work  - not info for my school paper on disfunctional Americans!!!

(that should get them ha ha
I love U all REALLY!!)

May 13 05 10:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 

Hey now! Speak for yourself... I'm not an idiot... My mom raised morons... apparently we were raised in a barn, too...

May 16 05 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by Britt: 
There seems like not many talking on here are! And i was looking for those capable of work  - not info for my school paper on disfunctional Americans!!!

Net-Model is a primarily UK forum.  It's one big circus over there... so I don't think it's limited to the American's.  This is more of a situation where content reflects attitude.  You don't get this on the pro sites, but on the more "consumer" grade model portfolio listing sites this is pretty common. You can come in with good intentions wanting to share, learn, and help... but after a while you give up and just join into the chatter (if you don't flee) and accept it for what it is (or isn't, as it were!).

May 16 05 02:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

:::Reese starts filling up the Jello Ring for tonights fight:::

May 16 05 02:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

opps.. wait - that might be misconstrued as sexually lucrative...

:::Reese empties Jello from ring and re-fills with Rice Crispies cereal:::

May 16 05 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

Exactly.

May 16 05 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by Austin Models & Talent Agency: 
Net-Model is a primarily UK forum.  It's one big circus over there... so I don't think it's limited to the American's.  This is more of a situation where content reflects attitude.  You don't get this on the pro sites, but on the more "consumer" grade model portfolio listing sites this is pretty common. You can come in with good intentions wanting to share, learn, and help... but after a while you give up and just join into the chatter (if you don't flee) and accept it for what it is (or isn't, as it were!).

For me, when I'm posting as a reaction- it's usually as a result of condescending posts.  Above as an example.  Austin provides a lot of great info in his posts and on balance seems like a decent human being.  Still many of his posts reflect his view of 2 kinds of photography: his world (commercial, agency driven, good) and any other photography or modeling (in his words: consumer, internet, amateur, etc). 

Posts like these cheapens others by labeling ("consumer grade" for this whole site- thus sort of inferring that eveyone on here is not a real professional or we would be on a more professional site).

I think people may need to think a bit before posting- then less reactionary posts will occur.

My two cents
-Jose

May 16 05 02:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Why do people have the need to be so dang serious?  I have to be honest - I would never want to work with a "professional" that came off as cold and or stand-offish. I have never hired someone that was unable to crack a smile during an interview.

FACT 1: I am a very mediocre MUA and do not suggest otherwise.

FACT 2: No one has ever hired me for my outstanding MUA skills

FACT 3: Near everyone that has ever hired me has said, and I quote, "I really just wanted to meet you."

FACT 4:  I have been re-booked by the same clients because - gosh darn it, they like me.

I guess having a personality doesn't hurt after all...

I work for a large professional corporate company doing Accounting as my full-time career(I simply love my job - I will never quit it).  We pull pranks on one another, pick on one another, some have "mooned" others, we are just outright childish and "unprofessional."  But we are close like a family and we work together as a team. 

:::Play the national anthem in background:::

The fact is, for all of our silliness... it is our ability to laugh and joke around that brings us close and unites us. Professional or not in behavior - we are a multi-million dollar company...

May 16 05 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

It is crazy but true! I've seen more adults argue at a kids softball game than the kids playing. This is normal behavior for adults? Then it should be ... "why can't we get along like kids?"  Children don't fight like us adults do!

It gets silly most of the time, but just keep your sense of humor ... don't take us clowns too seriously!  LOL

May 16 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Becuase if everyone agreed these threads would be boring and pointless.

Sometimes two people on both sides of a heated issue are both right.

Posted by kavonna: 

May 16 05 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by W. Herb Clark: 
Becuase if everyone agreed these threads would be boring and pointless.

Sometimes two people on both sides of a heated issue are both right.

Posted by kavonna: 

NO NO! YOU ARE WRONG!  I resent that you call these threads boring and pointless! Where the hell did you get that idea? I ... umm .. opps! Sorry, I didn't read your whole message ...
-so humbled- you are right after all!

LOL   

May 16 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Patrick, how dare you agree with me! You have some nerve buddy...

May 16 05 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Often people tell me that I am childish or childlike.

I find it the highest compliment.

I may throw a rock at your house but in the morning,  all is forgotten.  Well at least by the afternoon.

May 16 05 06:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

:::Reese hands MarkSora a brick:::

"Here, use a brick... it's more effective..."

May 17 05 03:23 pm Link