Forums > General Industry > What do you feel?

Photographer

Wes Adam

Somerset, New Jersey, US

When you model or photograph what do you feel?
I feel energy, like an adrenaline rush.  I can shoot for hours, lose all track of time.  My mouth gets dry my pulse rate goes up.  I feel no pain just the exhiliration of creating images. That are captured and recorded in a split second to be frozen in time.  Just gotta love it.  What do you as a model feel when you are in front of the camera?

May 12 05 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Same as you cept my pain dont go away unless i do alota pain pills

May 12 05 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

What do I feel?  At a model shoot, sensory overload.  I just hang on and go along for the ride, then when I get home, look at the photos and try to figure out what just happened.  It sure is a fun ride though.  Complete opposite from my day job which involves a lot of working alone on the computer and thinking things through very slowly and methodically.

May 12 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Wes Adam

Somerset, New Jersey, US

Hugh,
After the session the pain does return.  The medications come out.  I know how you feel.
Gary,
As we look over the images there is always the feeling that it could be better.  It is a hell of a ride.

May 12 05 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Sometimes I feel like it's work.  Sometimes I feel excited.  There were a couple of times I felt nervous and I developed a stu stu stutter.  lol

May 13 05 09:13 am Link

Model

sarahlouise

London, England, United Kingdom

I often feel a multitude of emotions and can't really single them out individually or relay them. Thats why I hate explaining my pictures...quite simply cause I Can't! For example if you see a tree and think wow, theres so many different factors making you think wow and you try to capture them all in that one photo. Then if someone else has had that same collection of thoughts and sees your picture, they are going to be the ones that understand that photo. God I can't make this make sense at all! I know what I mean thats all that matters! When I'm modelling I try to tap into what the photographer is thinking and what they want to get out of it then really try to feel the emotions I would naturally if in that situation.

Lol crap explinations hence why I'm a photographer\model want to be and not a journalist:)

May 13 05 12:01 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

For me it's all about the individual shoot, the vibe, the rapport with the photographer(s).  As often as not, the music playing can dictate the mood of the shoot and both model and photographer.  I can say for sure, though, that the shoots that don't go well are the ones where I don't feel anything.  (I'm an amateur and brand new to boot, so I don't yet have the ability to "turn it on" no matter what.)

May 13 05 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

i feel like i need to do more headshots. then i can get more L lenses...yeah! seriously, like the original post, adrenaline rush. then if there's great chemistry, the shots will turn out good...until i realize i focused wrong. hence the need for more headshots for the better lenses...

May 13 05 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

The wheels in my head spin furiously with great control and ease.  However it is in post production is where all the emotions come through.  If I feel nothing....then I did a terrible job.  If I feel anything....and when the words to one or a handful of images make me say...."That is fucking cool." then the whole range of emotions just come and I know I have succeeded.

The last test I did with a new girl who let me do ANYTHING with her...was the best test ever.  We both got some incredible images that she said to me..."feel free to sell them....but give me a cut"...I said fair enough.

May 13 05 12:48 pm Link

Model

Sakura

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

^_^ For me, I'm usually feeling about how my hands are really apparent all of the sudden.  I don't know why, they become these things that i don't know where to place them...(by my side, my hip, on my face.. AHH).  But then I realize I gotta relax.. and then it's ALL good.  Also feel really nervous if I got good pictures because it's not only my own time but it's the photographer's money and time...

May 13 05 01:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Interesting that no one replies, "I feel like clothes hanger."

When I used to model (go figure), I felt like an idiot - like some sort of vain narcisssistic chick that wasn't me -just smile and be pretty for the camera ("Aren't you just so 'lucky' to model??? You skinny li'l asian you..." ). Sometimes I felt like a deer, you know... staring into the headlights (just face the direction of the light).  "Models should be seen and not heard."

When I take photos, I feel like I am documenting real life today for tomorrow - so that when I am old I will be able to look back and remember... or like I am certain another "Rodney King" issue will happen and I will get to be the one that documents the event and make a few bucks selling footage to CNN. (my camera and Video Cam... I never leave home without 'em)

When I do MUA work, I feel like a perfectionist - painfully (no, not really painfully) attempting to make someone look like they are just "naturally" perfect and if they are not - the whole world will be ticked off at me for screwing up the photo (okay - that was a little too melodramatic)...

Then I feel like lunch - maybe a salad...  No, maybe grilled chicken...

May 13 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Then I feel like lunch - maybe a salad... No, maybe grilled chicken...

Uhmmm.......Reese...you just left yourself wide open on that one.

You are making me hungry.....  tongue

smile

May 13 05 01:37 pm Link

Model

Aurora

Dallas, Georgia, US

I feel creative and excited at the chance to be expressive and make something interesting. I lose track of time.

May 13 05 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Bowlin

Tucson, Arizona, US

Generally it feels like a lot of hard work to me, then when it's over and I see the images I am happy. smile

May 13 05 01:41 pm Link