Forums > General Industry > Something To Think About............

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Something to think about............

If you keep doing the same things day in and day out, the same things will continue to happen.
In order for things to change, we have to change.
He/she who keeps knocking on doors of opportunity will eventually have a door opened.  There is no way to find opportunity if you stop searching.   Life does not give you what you need, but what you deserve.  Learn how to be happy with what you have, while you pursue all that you want.
Happiness is not an accident nor is it something that you wish for. Happiness is something that you design. Reasons come first answers come second.
If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you.  If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you.  Whatever good things we build, end up building us.  Motivation alone is not enough! If you and "idiot" are in a room and you motivate him, now you have a "motivated idiot." Sometimes those who need it the most, are inclined the least.  It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you are not.

May 11 05 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by newhall243: 

Something to think about............

If you keep doing the same things day in and day out, the same things will continue to happen.
He/she who keeps knocking on doors of opportunity will eventually have a door opened.  There is no way to find opportunity if you stop searching.   Life does not give you what you need, but what you deserve.  Learn how to be happy with what you have, while you pursue all that you want.
Happiness is not an accident nor is it something that you wish for. Happiness is something that you design. Reasons come first answers come second.
If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you.  If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you.  Whatever good things we build, end up building us.  Motivation alone is not enough! If you and "idiot" are in a room and you motivate him, now you have a "motivated idiot." Sometimes those who need it the most, are inclined the least.  It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you are not.

Bravo

May 11 05 02:32 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Thanks Mr. Alexander! I'm glad you liked it.  smile)

May 11 05 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted By newhall243:
There is no way to find opportunity if you stop searching. Life does not give you what you need, but what you deserve. Learn how to be happy with what you have, while you pursue all that you want.

Did you write that?

"Those are some heavy lyrics, young man. You're mighty young to write such heavy lyrics."
- B.B. King to Bono in the movie Rattle and Hum

May 11 05 08:08 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Hi!
My parents are always giving me and my siblings words of wisdom and I've gathered them. Taking bits at a time I put them together. As a matter of fact the words you have chosen are very inspirational to me.

Thanks!

May 12 05 11:13 am Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Thank you to everyone who have mailed me or replied to my post. smile))))

Steph

PS: Looking forward to hearing more from all of you. wink)

May 12 05 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Awesome though I don't know I agree with the life gives you what you deserve. Cuz I see people who deserve NOTHING, at least nothing GOOD who have everything. Well except peace of mind. So maybe that is what they deserve. LOL

May 12 05 07:00 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Steph is a very smart girl and only 16! Take lessons from her folks! And her parents!

May 12 05 07:11 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Posted by Naomi Jay: 
Steph is a very smart girl and only 16! Take lessons from her folks! And her parents!

OMG NJ!! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. My mom and I love you dearly..you know that, right? Hey, I'll be 17 on Monday the 16th..........HOOORRAAYYY!!!!

May 12 05 07:16 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Posted by DJ Foothill: 
Awesome though I don't know I agree with the life gives you what you deserve. Cuz I see people who deserve NOTHING, at least nothing GOOD who have everything. Well except peace of mind. So maybe that is what they deserve. LOL

True, DJ! But I believe that every person regarless of whom they are will get what they deserve. Maybe hitting the MegaMillions will not be for us but perhaps it will fall on someone's lap who (in someone's opinion) doesn't deserve it. BTW, I think peace of mind is the best thing we could possibly have.

Steph

May 12 05 07:24 pm Link

Model

Heather Sheree

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Steph...

Very well said...Does make you think...

Have fun in the Fashion Show Sat

Heather

May 12 05 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Posted by DJ Foothill: 

See that, you answered your own disagreement.
Some people have everything but do they have what they really need? You can have all the toys and nothing but success yet still have an empty life.

May 12 05 07:41 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Posted by Heather G: 
Steph...

Very well said...Does make you think...

Have fun in the Fashion Show Sat

Heather

Thanks Heather!! I am so looking forward to this fashion show because it's totally different from the rest. Hey, if anyone wants to see me on Saturday let me know and I will forward details....... Too bad you're not in NY Heather 'cause I know you would have made it!!

Steph

May 12 05 07:54 pm Link

Model

Heather Sheree

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

if they would pay my airfare I would be there...LOL how is this one different from the other shows?

May 12 05 08:28 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Posted by DJ Foothill: 

but thats only THIS LIFE..SO FAR

ONLY PART OF THE GREATER PUZZLE
YAY
SO
DONT WORRY
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND WORK FOR BEST WILL BE  ITS OWN REWARD IN THE END

X

May 13 05 11:42 am Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Posted by Heather G: 
if they would pay my airfare I would be there...LOL how is this one different from the other shows?

I wish they could pay your fare, or for that matter, us. The show is different because is not your typical runway show. There's a lot of choreography involved and there are ten fashion designers. I am in all of them and some of them modeling two of their designs. I am extremely happy because Udo will be covering the show and he is a fantastic photographer. I've worked with him before in my prior fashion shows and he is totally a blast to work with. So, if any other models from NY are reading this get a hold of him!! Highly recommended!!

Steph

May 13 05 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

EJM Art

La Crosse, Wisconsin, US

Wow, that was some heavy material! However, it was
very direct, to the point, and true. Some have stated on other forums that we, as photographers and models,
aren' t artists. Here is my 2 cents. We are artists if
we choose to be. Photography is such a vast medium. Some choose to paint and sculpt with the camera; that constitutes an artist's mentality.
Create and capture that which makes you happy.
Continued regards and well wishes all! I proud to have my work alongside such talent.

May 13 05 04:32 pm Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Posted by EJMart: 
Wow, that was some heavy material! However, it was
very direct, to the point, and true. Some have stated on other forums that we, as photographers and models,
aren' t artists. Here is my 2 cents. We are artists if
we choose to be. Photography is such a vast medium. Some choose to paint and sculpt with the camera; that constitutes an artist's mentality.
Create and capture that which makes you happy.
Continued regards and well wishes all! I proud to have my work alongside such talent.

Thank you so much for your comments!!

Steph

May 15 05 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Posted by newhall243: 

Absolutely.

Both Albert Einstein and Ben Franklin are credited with having said much the same thing.

Franklin: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Classic truths--deep truths--are repeated because they ARE truths.

Tony Robbins, a motivational speaker, brings it up also, but with a different emphasis: "A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided.".

Or, in the pithy mode: Think. Act.

Thanks for the reminder!

May 15 05 10:45 am Link