Forums > General Industry > Websites of models and photographers

Photographer

Mike Kovacs Photography

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I had a friend do mine up for free.  Nothing fancy but it's fast and to the point.  People tell me that it is easy to navigate.

Mike
www.mk-photography.com

Jan 20 07 12:53 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

What do you think of the thumbnails being just a piece of the larger images?

http://www.AustinPhotocraft.com

Jan 20 07 02:17 am Link

Photographer

Janusz Miller

waynesglamgirls wrote:
Photographers like their sites to be simple and easy to navigate.  The fancy bells and whistles take away from the photography.  It's the photography that should stand out, not all the fancy "flash" and graphics.

yup... 100% agreed on that, and making the thing go other way is quite an often mistake... especially in flash, during works on my site we really tried to keep the flash simple and as focused on the photos themseves as possible : )

TorchGlow wrote:
What do you think of the thumbnails being just a piece of the larger images?

http://www.AustinPhotocraft.com

yup, the same idea works on my site wink www.januszmiller.com

Jan 20 07 02:27 am Link

Photographer

Jon Roberts

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

waynesglamgirls wrote:
Photographers like their sites to be simple and easy to navigate.  The fancy bells and whistles take away from the photography.  It's the photography that should stand out, not all the fancy "flash" and graphics.

Of course some photographers build websites and create advertising as part of theit business, it's an extra service that can be offered to the client and an easy way to make some extra money out of the deal. My website has a qwerky layout, and flash animation in a basic way (but god no it doesnt have sound!) But I think I'm pretty close to hitiing a balance point between keeping my work dominant but my site well worth a visit

Jon
www.jonroberts.co.uk

Jan 20 07 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

I would really like to know if my web site is effective / no "bells & whistels" / Just meat and potatoes!
www.larrybrowncameraartist.com

Jan 20 07 06:45 am Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

PS........ I don't like those square "thumb-nails" that only show a fraction of the image. 
I can't see enough to deside if I want to click on it ... for me this is a real nuisance. 
The photographer is forcing the viewer to "take a grab bag" to view his work. 
Why would you want a prospective client to do that?
After a few clicks if they arn't really..... really impressed.... "It's good bye!"

Jan 20 07 06:56 am Link

Photographer

00Philip00

Vass, North Carolina, US

I don't use or prefer my clients to use flash IF they want to be found in the top 10 of the search engines, MHO,

http://philiptaylor.net

Yahoo -  type north carolina photographer and you'll see what good ol .html will do for ya!

Jan 20 07 12:25 pm Link