Forums > General Industry > A Positive Thread

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Seriously now....think about your modeling or photography career from when you first started to today.  What has been the one experience you have enjoyed the most about what you have done in your career up to this point?  Was it a single photo?  Something you did for a client or customer?  Something they did for you to show you thanks?   

Allen

Jan 18 07 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

My first real commercial fashion gig was for an absolutely brilliant wedding gown designer; it was a 3 day shoot completely redoing her entire catalog. Everything was going so well, and we all got along marvelously, so on the third day, I thought it would be nice to celebrate with some champagne. I had a bottle of Veuve Cliquot I was saving for a special occasion, and I knew this was it. So I put it in the fridge to chill, but not wanting to overstep any bounds or come across as unprofessional by forcing alcohol on the models or anything, I decided I'd run the idea past Karin privately before I did anything.

In the afternoon, I saw that she was had gone into the kitchen alone, so I went to ask her. When I got there, she had pulled out all my champagne flutes and said, "I brought some champagne. I hope you like Veuve Cliquot."

Now she's a good friend and my best client. And we end every shoot with a bottle of Veuve.

Jan 19 07 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
My first real commercial fashion gig was for an absolutely brilliant wedding gown designer; it was a 3 day shoot completely redoing her entire catalog. Everything was going so well, and we all got along marvelously, so on the third day, I thought it would be nice to celebrate with some champagne. I had a bottle of Veuve Cliquot I was saving for a special occasion, and I knew this was it. So I put it in the fridge to chill, but not wanting to overstep any bounds or come across as unprofessional by forcing alcohol on the models or anything, I decided I'd run the idea past Karin privately before I did anything.

In the afternoon, I saw that she was had gone into the kitchen alone, so I went to ask her. When I got there, she had pulled out all my champagne flutes and said, "I brought some champagne. I hope you like Veuve Cliquot."

Now she's a good friend and my best client. And we end every shoot with a bottle of Veuve.

Perfect!

Jan 19 07 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Timmor

Redding, California, US

I've had several women shed tears of joy when they see the photos we've created. These women never had photos of themselves that they liked, and didn't feel they were beautiful... it's a great feeling when that happens.

Jan 19 07 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Harry Young

Los Angeles, California, US

those times when the person saw the photo(s) and felt uplifted ...

the bride who said that i made her look so slim and beautiful

the bride-t-be who said the boudoir images made her look glamourous/sensual/sexy

the woman who felt skinny and non-feminine who said the images made her body nice & sensual

the plus-sized woman who said the images made her look voluptuous & sexy & equal to any

... those times. when you can show the person at their best; better than they ever imagined.

Jan 19 07 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

My favorite was a FREE shoot for a friend.

He was proposing marriage to his girlfriend (whom had never met me).
They were at a public park by a fountain that has a lot of street traffic and artists in the area.
I went early and set up like I was doing shots of the fountain.
I sat all of my equipment on one bench to save the right spot......as he approached the area I cleared the bench and moved back to the tripod.

They sat and talked for a minute.  She noticed me, but didn't glance twice.
He went to one knee and presented the ring.  She said yes and they hugged and cried.

I captured the entire event from walking into the park until they walked out of the park.

They went to dinner nearby with both sets of parents.
( he had it planned that both families would be at the same location at the same time for dinner)
While they announced to the families and had appetizers I rushed to my laptop for some quick editing....pulled the best of the series.....went to the quickie photo machine at Wolf Camera.....printed off the series and made a memory album.
I also printed off one in an 8x10 B&W and Framed it.

As they were about to receive their dinner I returned to the restaurant and presented her with the gift.  She (and the families) were completely blown away.

Jan 19 07 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Refracted Thoughts

Vaihingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Caspers Creations wrote:
My favorite was a FREE shoot for a friend.

That's got to be one of the coolest ideas I've heard of. What an amazing beginning for a wedding album.

...much better than my engagement night: "Are you sure the line is blue?"

Jan 19 07 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Steve Roark wrote:
...much better than my engagement night: "Are you sure the line is blue?"

LMAO

Jan 19 07 05:19 pm Link