Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I am just curious! There is no right or wrong thing to do, it's just personall choice, but I wonder about people's reasoning...

On your profile you can choose 12 people to be on your top friend list.

Who do you put there?
Your friends or people who you think deserve more exposure for their work, or people you would like to work with in the future?

I had a conversation with somebody about this and they were very tentative with the answer, so I just wonder is that a "touchy" subject?

Also do you try to put the person who has you in his dozen on your list too, or you care less about who has who.

Jan 17 07 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I haven't been here long enough to figure friends "prioritizing" out or start caring.

And I keep getting distracted by dumb threads about mechanics posing as rapists who get assaulted by hit men posing as old men while disguised as drapes in unsafe hotel rooms.

It's hard to stay focused.

Jan 17 07 03:35 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

My 12 are friends, people I've worked with and really like, and people I'm dying to work with. I don't really pay attention to who has me in their 12.

Jan 17 07 03:39 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:
I haven't been here long enough to figure friends "prioritizing" out or start caring.

And I keep getting distracted by dumb threads about mechanics posing as rapists who get assaulted by hit men posing as old men while disguised as drapes in unsafe hotel rooms.

It's hard to stay focused.

Seems like you are paying more attention to "threads about mechanics posing as rapists who get assaulted by hit men posing as old men while disguised as drapes in unsafe hotel rooms. then your friends.

It would be hard for me to stay focused too...

Jan 17 07 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Julia wrote:

Seems like you are paying more attention to "threads about mechanics posing as rapists who get assaulted by hit men posing as old men while disguised as drapes in unsafe hotel rooms. then your friends.

It would be hard for me to stay focused too...

Well that's just it - I don't have any REAL friends yet. I have set up several shoots thus far. So far either postponed or flaked out. It's going to take some time to build up real relationships. And the talent pool in my area is limited.

Jan 17 07 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Julia wrote:
I am just curious! There is no right or wrong thing to do, it's just personall choice, but I wonder about people's reasoning...

Who do you put there?
Your friends or people who you think deserve more exposure for their work, or people you would like to work with in the future?

I had a conversation with somebody about this and they were very tentative with the answer, so I just wonder is that a "touchy" subject?

Also do you try to put the person who has you in his dozen on your list too, or you care less about who has who.

In order to not slight anybody I choose not to bother with the top 12 feature.  Then again, I am a bit more selective on who gets onto my friends list in the first place.

Jan 17 07 03:45 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:

Well that's just it - I don't have any REAL friends yet. I have set up several shoots thus far. So far either postponed or flaked out. It's going to take some time to build up real relationships. And the talent pool in my area is limited.

I see, so you would take it as a real relationship, so do I.

Just wondered.... I agree that the relationship can't really be created, they just happen along the way.

Jan 17 07 03:45 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

My top 12 are people that I have worked with and that I want to work with, and whom I've stayed in contact with.  No real politics involved, and I don't care if I'm in someone's top 12 or not.  In the grand scheme of things.....it's really no biggie.

Jan 17 07 03:46 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Habenero Photography wrote:

In order to not slight anybody I choose not to bother with the top 12 feature.  Then again, I am a bit more selective on who gets onto my friends list in the first place.

I am trying to be selective too, because I consider my "big list" is my small-world network.  For example I sometimes review the list and look if any of my friends have any new work or soemthing, or when I travel I look for any friends in the area where I am going to be...

Jan 17 07 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Julia wrote:

I am trying to be selective too, because I consider my "big list" is my small-world network.  For example I sometimes review the list and look if any of my friends have any new work or soemthing, or when I travel I look for any friends in the area where I am going to be...

It isn't hard to make my friends list, but in order to stay on it, friends have to respond to the PM's I make.  After all, friends communicate with each other.

Jan 17 07 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

My "12" are all models that I've shot with.
My top row hasn't changed, but the other 8 I have been rotating so that no one feels left out.
When I set it up, I thought that it may make it easier on future models to find people for references.......I dont know that anyone has used it that way.

As far as who has me on their top 12.......I hadnt paid attention to it.

I did check and know that Im not on the FBI top 10....so I've got that going for me.
smile

Jan 17 07 05:01 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I deleted everyone.  Now it's a non-issue.

Jan 17 07 05:11 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

It isn't hard to make my friends list, but in order to stay on it, friends have to respond to the PM's I make.  After all, friends communicate with each other.

there is also a bulleting thing, that when you post something only your freinds can read it, it's easy way to keep them posted and keep up with them too...

Jan 17 07 05:14 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Shyly wrote:
I deleted everyone.  Now it's a non-issue.

is it used to be?

Jan 17 07 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Mine are all actually my friends.

Jan 17 07 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Julia wrote:

there is also a bulleting thing, that when you post something only your freinds can read it, it's easy way to keep them posted and keep up with them too...

I prefer individualized messages.  Bulletins seem too much like spam to me.

Jan 17 07 05:28 pm Link

Model

Iris

Dallas, Texas, US

I put, people I know and like. People I've shot with. And people who have offered\ or I'd like to shoot with.

As a photographer I put, People I know and like.. And models who I hope to someday shoot, and just plain eyecandy....

Jan 17 07 07:24 pm Link

Model

Ms Jennifer Denise

Seattle, Washington, US

All of mine (except one) are people I've worked with, the other one has been someone I've know for a few years now and consider a friend.

Jan 17 07 07:28 pm Link

Model

London Andrews

Onalaska, Washington, US

I wrote above my top 12"

Photographers I WANT to work with
Those I HAVE worked with
Models I love

I like that I can have a little bit of everything.  :  )

Jan 17 07 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

The 12 most recent models I've worked with and would recommend. Not in any particular order.

Sometimes I wait until I have their photos done, sometimes I swap them in immediately after the shoot.

Jan 17 07 07:31 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Julia wrote:

Who do you put there?

My 12 are people on MM that influence me the most. How? well,, in many ways!

for example, Craig Thomson.. When I first joined MM he truly inspired me to keep at it, and gave me advice and tips for building my portfolio, he encouraged me, and in my eyes, he helped me alot.

Jan 17 07 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Photographers, MUArtists and Models I've worked with , had fun with and respect.

And an occasional model I want to work with.

Jan 17 07 08:02 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

it's a mix between people who are actually my friends and people who I admire their work.

Jan 17 07 08:05 pm Link

Model

A.Fox

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I prefer individualized messages.  Bulletins seem too much like spam to me.

It's weird to me how everything that's not individually addressed gets considered spam. I feel that if you don't want to know what's going on with me, you shouldn't accept my friend request or you shouldn't request me.

Jan 17 07 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I pick the people with the highest post count or best work so that I can seem like a better photographer by association.  The fact that they're in my Top 12 validates me.  It makes me seem more talented by default.  Who cares if they merely accepted my friend request to be nice or whatever...

It's done arbitrarily.  I would hope that anyone in my so-called "Friends List" would think my top 12 was in any way indicative of anything at all.  At present, my Top 12 is 12 B&W avatars that I like...

Jan 17 07 08:21 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I don't use the feature, so I don't have to worry about playing favorites of any sort. Makes life much easier...

Jan 17 07 08:38 pm Link

Model

EricaN

Tampa, Florida, US

I change my constanty updating who I am about to work with, who I want to work with, and some are just friends or people I shoot with continuosly

Jan 17 07 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Julia wrote:

I had no idea.....

Shyly wrote:
I deleted everyone.

Wow, you really did...

I've pretty much given up on the friends list.  Seems pointless.  If I happen to notice a request from someone I know, worked with etc. I'll add 'em but for the most part I don't pay much attention.

Jan 17 07 08:45 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

I put photographers/models I've worked with and models that I've met or envy

Jan 17 07 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Wagner AZ

Astoria, New York, US

I'm new here and I didn't do my top 12's but I think is interesting to keep the ones whom is always exchanging ideas and looking to work together.

Jan 17 07 08:54 pm Link