StudioSeventeen

Laguna Beach, California, US

I'm a poor  photographer

Jan 17 07 12:23 pm Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

StudioSeventeen wrote:
I'm a poor surf magazine photographer  and credentialed for NY Fashion week.

and I am being forced (smile) to shoot the www.mercedesbenzfashionweek.com  in Manhattan.

I don't know New York at all

And surfers are poor beach bums cant afford the ritz hotels.
I dont imagine any motel 6 in the surrounding area

Can anyone suggest cheap alternatives for lodging even if I rent a car and drive to a different area?  I don't know the area at all.

If you are very familiar with the area and have any ideas can you please message me in case I dont see this thread?  I just need a place to charge my laptop and camera batteries. I would even sleep in my car if it had a plug.

Oh darling. smile

Go to www.hotels.com (I feel like I should get paid for promoting them, but then models want to get paid for everything, don't they?)

I bet you could find a boutique hotel in the two-three star range that would be totally affordable.

xx

Jan 17 07 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

MJ McGuire

New York, New York, US

Define "cheap" and I may be able to help you...

Jan 17 07 12:34 pm Link

Model

OR SAGI

New York, New York, US

why dont u cheak hotels.com
how much can u spend ?

Jan 17 07 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

use the SEARCH function for the FORUM section and you wil find a bunch of ideas and hotels in previous FORUM topics

Jan 17 07 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

StudioSeventeen

thanks

Jan 17 07 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

StudioSeventeen

where to stay for fashion week

Jan 17 07 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

im going to make a strong argument for staying in manhattan and paying $300/night

you can stay in Queens, long island or NJ, for a lot cheaper, but then if you miss a train, or they stop running after a certain time, or every 2 hours etc, then if you try to get a cab, you'll pay $50-$100+ just to get back to your cheap $139/night hotel room

so if you go to some hot after parties, and meet a hot model, who thinks you shoot for playboy (cuz you told her that) do you really think  she is going to go back to Hoboken, or Jersey City NJ via a fucking Path Train or Bus to fuck you?

i dont think so

but if you're staying at the the Hilton, or Marriott, or W, or Four Seasons, or Hyatt, in manhattan, i'd say you'd make out a lot better ;-)

Jan 17 07 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Chili wrote:
...do you really think  she is going to go back to Hoboken, or Jersey City NJ via a fucking Path Train or Bus to fuck you?

i dont think so

what?  have you never heard of a car service? 

I wouldn't discount Jersey.  Come to think of it, I just moved here from Manhattan.

Jan 17 07 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

StudioSeventeen

Chili wrote:
im going to make a strong argument for staying in manhattan and paying $300/night

you can stay in Queens, long island or NJ, for a lot cheaper, but then if you miss a train, or they stop running after a certain time, or every 2 hours etc, then if you try to get a cab, you'll pay $50-$100+ just to get back to your cheap $139/night hotel room

so if you go to some hot after parties, and meet a hot model, who thinks you shoot for playboy (cuz you told her that) do you really think  she is going to go back to Hoboken, or Jersey City NJ via a fucking Path Train or Bus to fuck you?

i dont think so

but if you're staying at the the Hilton, or Marriott, or W, or Four Seasons, or Hyatt, in manhattan, i'd say you'd make out a lot better ;-)

I am not going to get laid
I am going to take photographs
but thanks for the idea

Jan 17 07 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Altitude Photography

Santa Clara, California, US

Jersey city is not bad, I used to live in downtown JC some years ago.  The PATH trains get you into downtown manhattan very quickly.  And whatever you do, don't rent a car, you'll waste more time parking and paying tolls than you would on a subway train.

On a related topic, I'll be in NYC myself (for other reasons) on Feb 8-10.  I didn't realize it was fashion week!  If you can get me into the fashion week after parties with you, shit man, I'll pay for your hotel room myself.

-Jaro smile

Jan 17 07 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

StudioSeventeen

ok I got a hotel in Manhattan. THanks to everyone from NY who had info.
I did know about hotels.com and the rest but its nice to talk to a local for info.

THanks again.

Jan 18 07 02:56 pm Link