Forums > General Industry > What Does one have to do

Photographer

Rob Marsh

Leicester, Massachusetts, US

As a new member, I have posted in the Newbie section, I have also posted twice in the casting call and emailed several local models to see if they are interested in working together

No response from local models to emails, no response in casting calls but some nice responses and welcomes in the Newbie forum

How does one attract models to work with

I want to offer a few tfcd sessions so that MM models can get to know me and can offer me some "worked with references" before I start charging for portfolios

Advice please

and if anybody can tell me how to bookmark a posting so I can easily jump to it, would appreciate it

Rob

Jan 17 07 10:25 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

As for bookmarking a posting, you do just that. Bookmark it in your Favorites in your internet browser.

As for getting your name out there, you should try networking by participating in the forums. Then your face is out there and maybe you'll get some shoots setup just by talking to someone in a thread one day.

Good luck big_smile

Jan 17 07 10:28 am Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Youve been here less than a month right?
Keep doing what your doing and dont panic yet.

Get involved in the forums. (other peoples topics as well)

Jan 17 07 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Rob Marsh wrote:
As a new member, I have posted in the Newbie section, I have also posted twice in the casting call and emailed several local models to see if they are interested in working together

No response from local models to emails, no response in casting calls but some nice responses and welcomes in the Newbie forum

I want to offer a few tfcd sessions so that MM models can get to know me and can offer me some "worked with references" before I start charging for portfolios

Advice please

Why would you be charging for portfolios?  Who is going to pay for them, and why?

But passing over that, you could consider paying some models to work with you.

Jan 17 07 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Rob Marsh

TXPhotog wrote:
Why would you be charging for portfolios?  Who is going to pay for them, and why?

I would be charging for portfolio's as it is part of my way of earning a living

Rob

Jan 18 07 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Stocl up on rose petals, caution tape, fake blood and belts. They will pick up the scent and follow it to your studio.

Jan 18 07 05:43 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Rob Marsh wrote:
I would be charging for portfolio's as it is part of my way of earning a living

Rob

If you're not getting responses, then it doesn't matter if this is your job. You need to give your customers a reason why they would want to work with you. Think of it from their perspective. What are you selling? Are you expecting models to pay out of their own pocket? Does it make sense for them to pay for what you provide?

Jan 18 07 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Rob Marsh

Jason McKendricks wrote:
Stocl up on rose petals, caution tape, fake blood and belts. They will pick up the scent and follow it to your studio.

Have got the rose petals, duck tape, rope, belts, coloured glass beads, UV body paint, Candles
And biscuits (hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes seem to be popular in the UK)

Rob

Jan 18 07 07:38 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Jason McKendricks wrote:

along with cash and alcohol.

models like those.

Jan 18 07 11:19 am Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Daniela V wrote:

along with cash and alcohol.

models like those.

I like to offer a free class on how to give yourself an alcohol enema to get drunk with no risk of failing a breathalyzer with every TFP shoot.

Jan 18 07 11:23 am Link