Forums > General Industry > Did You Ever *FORGET* About A Tear?

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

So tonight I was thinking about various jobs I've done since I started photography and I happened to think, "Oh, yeah. That lady hired me that one time to take pictures of her daughter doing yoga while she was pregnant. She said it was for a book or something. I wonder if they ever did anything with those?"

So I go on the website, and there's a training manual with my image on the cover and, one assumes, illustrated with the rest of them. Huh. How about that? It had literally slipped my mind that I even did it, and now I find I've provided editorial content for a hundred-dollar training manual.

smile

M

Jan 16 07 11:52 pm Link

Model

Carole Hayes

Garland, Texas, US

StMarc wrote:
So tonight I was thinking about various jobs I've done since I started photography and I happened to think, "Oh, yeah. That lady hired me that one time to take pictures of her daughter doing yoga while she was pregnant. She said it was for a book or something. I wonder if they ever did anything with those?"

So I go on the website, and there's a training manual with my image on the cover and, one assumes, illustrated with the rest of them. Huh. How about that? It had literally slipped my mind that I even did it, and now I find I've provided editorial content for a hundred-dollar training manual.

smile

M

Well, congrats!  : )

I don't think I have anything quite on that level, but I know there are things I could list as credits if I could only remember them.... 

Seriously -- I didn't start using ACT until about a year ago, and when I was in my 20's I didn't even use a Day Timer, so there are quite a few things I've done that I've simply forgotten about! 

Plus, there are a couple of newspaper and magazine credits that never made it into my list because I can't find my clippings, so I don't know the names of the publications or the dates when they were published.  And I was the model for Mary's body for a statue on display somewhere -- if I could find the artist's email address again, I could ask him where it is, and maybe even for some pics.

Oh, well... live and learn....

Jan 17 07 12:07 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

StMarc wrote:

smile

M

May we see it please ? smile

Jan 17 07 12:52 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

You can see its product page here:

http://www.yogafit.com/Merchant2/mercha … ct_Count=7

Here's a link to the picture of the book. It's kind of a crappy-looking book, but it's mostly for their franchisees to buy, not the general public, although obviously they will sell it to anybody with $99.00.

https://www.yogafit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/prenatalnewmanual_large%20(2).jpg

Incidentally, the original photograph is properly exposed: the blowouts are the result of bad copying.

M

Jan 17 07 12:01 pm Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

How funny.

I've definitely "forgotten" about my bad tearsheets. smile

Jan 17 07 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Some of my pictures made into a Swiftwater Rescue Manual.  My compensation for them was getting to take the course for free.

Jan 17 07 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

StMarc wrote:
Did You Ever *FORGET* About A Tear?

Yes, a few times.

Jan 18 07 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

richard boswell

New York, New York, US

soon as i get the check ...