Forums > General Industry > Impartiality?

Photographer

Darqlord

Dayton, Ohio, US

For those of you who have joined or are considering joining 'that place where all the industry professionals meet' beware that there is a fair amount of favoritism that goes on there. Unlike, here on MM where others have openly and obviously paid for the privilege of extra photos and more frequent postings in their version of the 'announcements' section of their site, they seem to have an 'arrangement' where certain models/photographers/make-up artists have all the time they need.

As an example, I posted on the site to drive traffic to my port. I noticed after a couple of minutes that NOT ONE visitor showed up. They have a method that lets you know how many people have visited your port. Now I may not be the world's greatest photographer (or even the best photographer in my neighborhood ;-) but it's fair to say that everyone should be able to generate at least ONE visitor. So I posted again and after two refreshes within 5 seconds my post was GONE. I'm not talking about how an announcement here can disappear when there is heavy traffic. I'm talking how the original order of the posts was restored. I posted again and, along with my post, there were 2 or 3 others who posted too. Five seconds later the original lineup was back again. I toyed with them for 10 minutes and it ALWAYS reverted to the same lineup.

My point to all of this is that the next time some of us feel like bitching about the way things are done on a free service such as MM we may want to 'think again' when considering what is offered by the 'alternative'

Jan 16 07 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Darqlord wrote:
For those of you who have joined or are considering joining 'that place where all the industry professionals meet' beware that there is a fair amount of favoritism that goes on there. ...

What place online claims to be where industry professionals meet?

Jan 16 07 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Darqlord

Dayton, Ohio, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

What place online claims to be where industry professionals meet?

To avoid any potential problems for MM, I'll gladly tell you if you email me on this site.

Jan 16 07 10:12 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

we are allowed to discuss othe sites on MM
we are just not allowed to bash, so be polite and let us know.

Jan 16 07 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

I think it is the place "where the industry meets"

not "where industry professionals meet...

but really, you can go along time without one hit. not much traffic to send anywhere.

Jan 16 07 10:18 pm Link

Model

Kayleigh H

what is this site? email me? I would like to know ...

Jan 16 07 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Darqlord

Dayton, Ohio, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
we are allowed to discuss othe sites on MM
we are just not allowed to bash, so be polite and let us know.

Being polite, the place is called Model Place ;-)

Jan 16 07 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Darqlord

Dayton, Ohio, US

Jack North wrote:
I think it is the place "where the industry meets"

not "where industry professionals meet...

but really, you can go along time without one hit. not much traffic to send anywhere.

LOL! Isn't that the truth! But you're right, it is the "place where the industry meets". Thank you for the correction.

I went there on referral from a friend who also WAS there but hasn't spent much time promoting his services there for now obvious reasons.

Jan 16 07 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Darqlord wrote:
Being polite, the place is called Model Place ;-)

Note:  It's NOT the "Model Place" with the One in front of it.

https://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7059/twinkiethekidiconyz5.jpg

Jan 16 07 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Darqlord

Dayton, Ohio, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Note:  It's NOT the "Model Place" with the One in front of it.

Correct. modelplace.com

https://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7059/twinkiethekidiconyz5.jpg

Jan 16 07 10:53 pm Link