Forums > General Industry > Searching for a photographer

Model

hot topic

Longmont, Colorado, US

All of the shots in my port are TFP/TFCD which is great. They have helped me build my port and get it to where it is today.

I'm looking to expand my port and add some edgy and different shots that will really make my port pop  which means i probably need to look into paying a photographer to achieve this.

Do i simply create a casting call saying "model available" or "photographer wanted"? Is this incorrect or are there other steps i should take?

Jan 16 07 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Mark Fortenberry

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Find a photog whos work you like in your area. Contact them and ask for prices for a shoot.

They will love you for it.

Mark

Jan 16 07 10:20 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

hot topic wrote:
All of the shots in my port are TFP/TFCD which is great. They have helped me build my port and get it to where it is today.

I'm looking to expand my port and add some edgy and different shots that will really make my port pop  which means i probably need to look into paying a photographer to achieve this.

Do i simply create a casting call saying "model available" or "photographer wanted"? Is this incorrect or are there other steps i should take?

If you do a casting call do one that says photographer wanted/paid. then, include as many details as possible.

however, I'd advise against the casting call route...the browse function is awesome. try that.

Jan 16 07 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Adam Torgerson

Salem, Oregon, US

Check MM and email people whose work you like.  I think onemodelplace.com is a good place to look as well; tends to have a little higher caliber of photogs since there is a small monthly fee.

Adam

Jan 16 07 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Shutterboxx Photography

Vancouver, Washington, US

check out summit studios... they are awesome!

Jan 16 07 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Images by Douglas

Mahomet, Illinois, US

How much are you willing to pay and how far are you willing to travel? there are many photographers on here that charge quite a bit of money, but always put out top notch work. One I can think of off hand is Johnny (sp?) in Houston. He is quite pricey, but your shots will always be the best possible. So I guess those are the questions. If you put something up her like "model available", you may get some decent shots, maybe even good or great shots......but you may not know for sure. With some professionals, you will not have any doubt. It will be an investment.

Jan 16 07 10:22 am Link

Model

hot topic

Longmont, Colorado, US

Well...at this moment and time i'm living in Northern Colorado. Great scenery but there isn't a huge demand for this kind of industry.

I guess i'll just have to take what i can get. I'm from California and travel home frequently maybe i should try and line something up then?

Great advice guys.

Jan 16 07 11:20 am Link

Model

hot topic

Longmont, Colorado, US

Daniela V wrote:

If you do a casting call do one that says photographer wanted/paid. then, include as many details as possible.

however, I'd advise against the casting call route...the browse function is awesome. try that.

I understand. I would be just another "casting call"

Jan 16 07 11:22 am Link