Forums > General Industry > Product endorsement work.

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Haddon Heights, New Jersey, US

I've seen a lot of great portraiture work done here.  But, I do have a question of both the models and the photographers.  Who has worked with a product endorsement? 

I haven't shot this lady http://www.lisabouchelle.com   But, she has crossed my path on occasion.  A real hard worker.  And if she couldn't get picked up by an agency and pushed for a product endorsement, she found one all on her own.  Some small brewery.  She wound up as their spokesmodel and appeared in parades. 

My soap thing was to give one of my models a track record, and to get my feet wet in taking over distributorships of thoroughly mismanaged product campaigns.  I'm thinking of branching out into chocolates.  It doesn't take much searching or attendances at trade shows to find perfectly fine products that are lacking in only one thing, namely an ad campaign.  Ad campaigns double the price of a product, which is why the photographer and model get paid.  The soap, technically, is a superlative soap.  But, without a good ad campaign, it will go nowhere.

Soap, like beer, wasn't discovered yesterday. 

Think about it, ladies and gents, is the chemistry of a bottle of perfume or cologne all that amazing?  Or did it sell according to the print ad.  Perfume makers pay out the nose for a print ad, that evokes through the eyes, to sell a perfume that evokes through the nose.  That's the top dollar work, and the toughest of assignments.  Afterall, how does one "see" a perfume or a cologne?

Jan 16 07 12:42 am Link