Forums > General Industry > Give your 411 on IMTA...... What should I do?

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I had an interview with Stone Modeling and Talent Agency they are partners with Barbizon.... theres no way I'm going to pay for classes when I know how to walk, pose, and take care of my skin and apply my own dang make-up... Most of that I learned from theater and the walk, pose and skin care I learned by myself and gotten critiques by most of my friends who are models and YES my lovely MMers helped as well, I sucked up all of MM's wisdom....

So my intereview was Sunday the 14th 'yeah an intereview on a sunday'. I went and of course I was the tallest person there and like always I stood out. Not being stuck on myself but the people waiting there looked like normal people... maybe they wanted to do commercial or something... anyway they took me in and told me about damn BARBIZON... than I told them is there a way I can just be represented by stone modeling agency without barbizon she said there were only 2 cases in which they took models directly to Stone without classes.... She told me to call on Tuesday and I can meet with the "head honcho"... she called me today (monday) and told me to come in on sunday coming up... to meet with IMTA (International Modeling and Talent Association) for auditions...

What do you know about IMTA and will they try and stick me with paying for classes again because I will not... If they don't work out I'm off to Docherty Agency at the end of the month tuesday....

Jan 15 07 04:24 pm Link

Jan 15 07 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

There are also a lot of threads on MM about this if you use the search function.  (It's at the bottom of the forums page.  Search for IMTA and you'll get a lot of info.)

Jan 15 07 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's past time you read the articles at www.newmodels.com

There are articles there on scams, on modeling schools, and on searches, of which IMTA is one.

I knew what Stone would do - was surprised you even made an appointment to see them.  Their organization is devoted to the task of taking money out of the wallets of aspiring models.

Jan 15 07 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

The only good Barbizon is the one that sells lighitng equipment.

http://barbizon.com/home/index.cfm

Jan 15 07 05:16 pm Link

Model

Sassy Shelli

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Stay away from Barbizon, stay away from IMTA. Trust me, I know from experience. Do not do classes either.

Jan 15 07 05:20 pm Link

Model

Rosalya Naomi

Grove City, Ohio, US

If Stone is doing that to you, I would go ahead with Docherty Agency.  I got out of the whole thing luckily before loosing all my money lol.  I do wish you luck on getting into an agency smile

Jan 18 07 07:58 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I almost went to IMTA.
They do a good brainwash, playing with your ambition...

Don't do it, I was able to get my $ back from the agency, even thought the contract said "No refund after a certain date", because they were afraid of legal troubles, since they are a scham.

On the other hand if you want to have fun, and for fun sake you are ready to pay $3000 or 4000, why not....

Jan 18 07 10:38 pm Link