Forums > General Industry > Models in Europe

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I may be traveling to Madrid, Spain to visit my daughter while she goes
to school there.  I'd like to shoot some models.  Does anyone have
any suggestions.  I plan to contact a few agencies before I go.
I also plan to travel to Paris.

Jan 14 07 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
I may be traveling to Madrid, Spain to visit my daughter while she goes
to school there.  I'd like to shoot some models.  Does anyone have
any suggestions.  I plan to contact a few agencies before I go.
I also plan to travel to Paris.

oh god, I'm so jealous.

Jan 14 07 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I was in Paris last month, I can recommend Eve-Adeline and LisaLou if you are looking for alt/goth/fetish. There are also a few I would not recommend, but I'll name those names privately.

Strangely enough, I found *no* decent fashion models on the usual sites. However, you can't throw a rock without hitting a woman who *could* model, so next time I'm going to go the agency route.

Jan 14 07 05:21 pm Link

Hair Stylist

BIYOSHIPATRICK

New York, New York, US

i am reading this and responding from poland ......did a shoot earlier today here .....true about how many girls here in europe ( only lacking height) could be models......much better "talent " than the states , and i live in nyc.....i have been in europe since may and have done shoots in sweden , iceland , germany, croatia , czech republic, england, denmark , and austria......all you photogs should get to europe

Jan 14 07 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

you may want to try Craiglslist.com they may have a Madrid section.

Its pretty sophisticated in Madrid/Spain and (photogs like Vallhornrat) I dont know if your style will mesh with what the fasion agencies want.  Go on the web and look up Francinamodels.com or Traffic or New Group and see if you can get their contact info, start sending the emails saying you are there to shoot professionally and afterwards woud like to test with some models and that you will burn a CD after the shoot for the model/agency.  For fashion most agencies are not  too interested in those tests that dont have at least a MUA- you may have to doll out some $ to get one (from the agency and this will make them more comfortable to give you a girl) and why not take  size 4 womens clothes from H&M (that you can take back after the trip with reciept or give to the model) .

When I go to Europe or on a trip I get girls to do the 'Conde Nast Traveler" type shots and have had some nice results.

Jan 14 07 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

oh and check out www.photosig.com they are a really big world wide photographers site and you may be able to do a search by city for members who may wish to assist you

Jan 14 07 10:43 pm Link