Forums > General Industry > WHO here has had to work with a CRAZY .....MUA ???

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Ok, just wondering , JUST how many of you have had to work with one of us CRAZY, mean, Nasty, ...MUA's ????

Now NO names because that is against the rules as we all know...

But, by show of hands, and well you CAN talk about what happened (With OUT naming NAMES)

Come on you know you want to...

tehe
=^)

Jan 14 07 12:33 am Link

Model

Paul Verite

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

They are all crazy. And thats what I love about them!

Jan 14 07 12:36 am Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

All I can say is that I'd give anything to have a talented MUA in my area. I found one last year (I thought) and wanted to hire her for a shoot but she never returned my emails.  so now....I look forward to traveling to larger cities so I have the opportunity to work with someone who has a clue! smile ::sigh::
I don't care if they are crazy or not at this point.

ak

Jan 14 07 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Adam Torgerson

Salem, Oregon, US

I guess I am lucky.  I have one I really like that I work with all of the time.

Jan 14 07 12:37 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

LOL All MUAs are crazy, thats why they're so awesome to be around. The last MUA I worked with was the best one I had ever.... since I've only worked with 2, the first one being the one before her LMFAO!

I know a some talented MUAs in my area and some far away that I'm dying to work with. Curse being so far away! ^_^

Jan 14 07 12:42 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Yes.
...but the person is on here, so i'm not touching that with a 2343 foot pole.

Jan 14 07 12:44 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

Nemi Bea wrote:
Yes.
...but the person is on here, so i'm not touching that with a 2343 foot pole.

LMFAO.... Sorry if that wasn't meant to be funny but its was pretty funny to me.

Jan 14 07 12:50 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

we were in chicago, this mua had worked all day and come to have a beer as we were havin a party, next thing ya know she painted 5 people with wonderful body paint, we had a shootout and she is wonderful, heck I aint afraid, Luna Pearl is krazy and thats why I adore her.....besides her work is excellant

Jan 14 07 01:08 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Well I look at it this way, Some one once told me that you have to be a little crazy , and  a little twisted to do what we do....But Damn I love this JOB....

be sides look at the Crazy Models or Photog wehave to work with...I.E> the photog/model that was do the self portrait, and started touching the model/himself... YOu know who you are....***(snicker)****

Jan 14 07 01:09 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

another one, in north carolina...I had 1 stylist and 3 mua for a big project, the day of the shoot I found I had 1 mua and 5 models..perfection by patricia was my only mua...she did everybody and they all looked great and she took a check....I adore her as well

Jan 14 07 01:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

the WORST ones are GWBM...you figure it out>>>>>

Jan 14 07 01:10 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

tammana is krazy kool in the bay area and Mia 24 is one of the prettiest mua I ever saw. In fact chicago has so many great artist that its crazy not to go there and work with them

Jan 14 07 01:11 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

Dana at Groovy Threads wrote:
the WORST ones are GWBM...you figure it out>>>>>

girls with big men?

Jan 14 07 01:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Noooooo that's not it (*singing*)

Jan 14 07 01:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

COME on really think....
I will give youa hint it has to do with this Thread....

Jan 14 07 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Would you consider having fashion/celebrity gossip diareah of the mouth to be "crazy"? I had this one guy who would just not shut up the whole time. I wanted to give him direction for the eye makeup but I couldn't get a word in edgewise. That was crazy.

Jan 14 07 01:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Ok, I think the worst ones for m,e are the ones that get all pissy, and take it out by spam emailing ALL the MUA’s they can find, telling them not to work with said photographer because….BLAH..BLAH…BLAH…BLAH…BLAH
And it’s all because the photographer didn’t make them their primary MUA…for every shoot ….I mean really
I like working with driftnet Photog’s I get great looks for my book that way….Don’t get me wrong…I would LOVE it if someone wanted me as their primary MUA…but until that day come I’m sure as hell NOT going to BITCH about it to any and every one that will listen.

Jan 14 07 11:54 am Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I was at a shoot where my "MUA"  was being trained, you know, by someone that knew what the heck they were doing, and they spent the whole time arguing.  Literally, fighting about everything.  Ticked me off, I'd never work with that photographer or MUA ('s)  again.  I was waiting to get smacked myself, you know, like shrapnel...  If your going to fight, take it backstage....

'Course that shoot was doomed, since the photographer had his friend, another photographer come in and "set up lighting for him", so he could take pictures of me too. (without telling me I would be in a "group shoot") it was a case of two many things...   (at least the photographers got along, even thought I never got any shots from it.  it's why I hate Dallas....  smile   )

Jan 14 07 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Lo Fi Art

Alice Town, Biminis, Bahamas

Crazies are everywhere...  Where are the sane people I ask?

Jan 14 07 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Evans

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

When I was younger I photo assisted on a men's aparrel catalog. The MUA was older and she brought a tiny dog with her (before they were cool). For two days she wouldn't stop grabbing my ass and making cat calls to me like a dirty old man would. I've also had the same thing happen to me on a shoot in Miami that I assisted on except the MUA was a dude. I wish I got the same attention from attractive girls. I guess I must've fit into the 'boy toy' category back then.

Jan 14 07 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Envy - Art

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I PREFER crazy MUA's....they are so much more creative!  wink

Jan 14 07 01:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

I KNOW I'm CRAZY.....I have three kids & a husband to care for....On top of doing what I do.....

God I love this JOB

=^)

Jan 14 07 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I have a crazy MUA I work with and I love every second of when we work together.

Jan 14 07 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Miko Was Here

Ventura, California, US

Psycotic Photographer + Nuerotic Model x Crazy Make up Artist = ?

Jan 14 07 02:19 pm Link

Model

UnavailableNonExistant

Columbus, Ohio, US

My MUA Tierra is crazy, sexy and cool.

Jan 14 07 02:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Ok All of you need to be awear of this MUA , BUT I can 't name names....so this is really hard...

Hi Dana,

Well an update on "SAID MUA". Basically she's started a war with me. She was so upset after finding out that I knew she was running around sending out emails about me, she started placing orders on the internet in my name and address. She signed me up for magazines etc which I got a bill for for $20. THAT - is a felony. She's in big trouble. I'd highly advise staying away from her. And no this isn't just internet talk either, I filed charges against her in Richardson and Frisco yesterday (she lives in Frisco) and she's going down for doing that, one site even recorded her IP address.

I spoke with another MUA abut it, and she looked at her page and notcied right away that tiffany bitches and moans about other mua's on her page, as well as models, photographers etc. On her myspace page, she bitches about other women on internet forums etc. seems she can't get along with anyone, except her own husband who instead of putting a leash on her is defending her illegal actions.

So there's the update... if you work with her, you'll do it at your own risk cuz you've been warned. Ciao for now,

-TJ

Jan 18 07 02:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

This is a copy of an email that a photograper that "SHE" tried to worn me about, Well I just wne  to him and asked him straight up about what "SHE" said happened, and got his side...
This girl is off her rocker...cheese done slid off her cracker.....she is 5 short of a 6 pack.

IF I could tell you her name I would BUT the rules say NOT to....

Jan 18 07 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Murder City Angels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

If I use a MUA I prefer the crazy ones. Now if I was doing wedding photography for a living (god forbid) I may want a stable MUA, but for the most part I enjoy the crazy ones. They are the added color to the shoot.

Jan 18 07 02:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

you really if youhaven't yet MUST read this thread

Jan 18 07 02:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

It's one thing to be a little CRAZY...but it is a Whole other thing to be PSYCHO !!!! and the "SAID" MUA is...Really she is.

Jan 18 07 02:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

Any new Freaks OUT there tonight ???

Jan 18 07 11:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dana_Lightfoot_MUA

Arlington, Texas, US

How would you go about OUTing someone, with  out OUTing them and getting in to trouble????

Jan 19 07 01:14 pm Link

Model

TIFFANY A

I've worked with a MUA who had AWFUL breath!! LOL!

Jan 19 07 02:11 pm Link