Forums > General Industry > Funny shooting stories...

Model

LauraMason

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

So on my last shoot, the photographer and I decided that the middle of the road would be a great place to take some pictures. It was a semi-busy road that probably had a car go by every minute. I think we took some awesome pictures(in between running for our lives), because we got to do a lot of things with symmetry and the yellow line. But man, those cars must have thought we were crazy! Do you have any funny shooting stories? Share them with us if you do.

Jan 08 07 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

I had a model flake out on me on a location shoot.  I decided to shoot my never ever flake model (he's green) along side some statues in the down town Mesa area.  As I just finished setting up a shot, a police officer tried to inform me that it looked as if I had been "vandalizing the statues".  I told the officer that if he could find any mark that I had made to any of the statues I would be more than happy to buy the statue.  I was shocked when he got out of the car and actually investigated the entire area with a magnifying glass.  A year later, a different cop tells me the same thing.  Have they no sense of humor?

BTW, security at the Excaliber Hotel in Las Vegas also is humorless!

Jan 08 07 10:33 pm Link

Model

LauraMason

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

lol...jeez, some people have too much time on their hands. I can't believe he actually inspected all the statues with a magnifying glass, I doubt he would have remembered what every statue looked like on that level. Or maybe he has so much time that he inspects them everyday!

Jan 08 07 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

He actually inspected the 3 he saw me photograph.  I still have no idea how he thought polyethylene would harm bronze!

Jan 08 07 11:18 pm Link