Forums > General Industry > Another Portfolio Question

Model

EricaN

Tampa, Florida, US

I couldnt find an answer so hopefully its not a repeat. I am starting to make my printed portfolio now and understand the basics of what needs to go in it, but when I take it to modeling agencies should I include my lingerie and implied shots or do people alter there books depending on what they think the client is looking for? I don't want to look to risque for a commercial agency because I do have lifestyle shots, but I also want to show what I can do for a lingerie or swimsuit company so how do I find the median for my port?

Thanks In Advance

Jan 08 07 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

You should lose everything except the shot in white and bikini in orange.  Those two are body shots but still look very commercial.  If you have too much body stuff that is all they will see.  Agencies would rather see more quality and less quantity.  Put just your best stuff in the book and avoid too much repetition.

Jan 08 07 10:20 am Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

fareedah44 wrote:
I don't want to look to risque for a commercial agency because I do have lifestyle shots, but I also want to show what I can do for a lingerie or swimsuit company so how do I find the median for my port?

no need to find the mid-point.  if they are a commercial agency then lifestyle is what you want to show (lots of smiles).  one shot at most of swimwear to showcase your figure, also in a lifestyle format.  if accepted tell them you are open to lingerie / swimwear if those bookings ever come up.

--face reality

Jan 08 07 10:32 am Link

Model

EricaN

Tampa, Florida, US

awesome thanks that's exactly what I needed to know!

Jan 08 07 10:45 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=1797

read down to dan hoods post...instructions for a killer portfolio

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Jan 08 07 10:48 am Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Agencies want to see what you look like underneath your clothes, as well as your headshots and your commercial look. Include a few samples of lingerie, swimwear and implied nudity, but don't overdo it. smile

Jan 08 07 10:52 am Link