Forums > General Industry > Photo commentary...model or photographer ?

Photographer

DigitalOnePhotographics

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I really enjoy the opportunity MM gives people to make comments about the work of others,  modeling talents,  quality of photography, etc.   However,  I have been confused a number of times when,  especially on a model profile,  someone will complement the model on the way the image was photographed.   Usually the comment to a model is something like... "I like the way the shot is composed or I really like the angle or the shot is really creative, and the color is so good...." Or commenting about the nice contrast in the image.... or making a comment about the lighting..   Many models, most of them,  are not involved with creating composition, or angle,  or final image color,  or contrast, etc.  So, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.  And shouldn't those comments be rightly given to the photographer...provided their link is available ?  In all there is a good exchange of information in the commentaries and that is a good thing.

Jan 07 07 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Digital One Imaging wrote:
I really enjoy the opportunity MM gives people to make comments about the work of others,  modeling talents,  quality of photography, etc.   However,  I have been confused a number of times when,  especially on a model profile,  someone will complement the model on the way the image was photographed.   Usually the comment to a model is something like... "I like the way the shot is composed or I really like the angle or the shot is really creative, and the color is so good...." Or commenting about the nice contrast in the image.... or making a comment about the lighting..   Many models, most of them,  are not involved with creating composition, or angle,  or final image color,  or contrast, etc.  So, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.  And shouldn't those comments be rightly given to the photographer...provided their link is available ?  In all there is a good exchange of information in the commentaries and that is a good thing.

Pfft.  You should see how many of us photographers get told we have nice tits.

Jan 07 07 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

LMAO

Jan 07 07 11:33 am Link

Photographer

paulcobophotography

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Bullhead Photography wrote:

LMAO

That's too Funny!

Jan 07 07 11:36 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

I agree with WGR,   the consistency of folks paying close attention is  pretty much related to the pattern of that individual in all their posts and comments on MM. 

WGR does have nice tits,  but I've been disappointed that the comments have been only 50  50  on mine,  and I thought I had a nice rack.

Jan 07 07 11:39 am Link

Photographer

DigitalOnePhotographics

I keep waiting for that.

Jan 07 07 11:40 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Chan Photography

New York, New York, US

i dont know about you, but i really appreciate getting compliments on my tits. I mean, come on, they're so firm I don't even need a bra!

jqc

Jan 07 07 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Girl In The Magazine

Chicago, Illinois, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

Man, I thought it was just ME getting comments telling me that I'm hot!  I can understand it at My Space, because it's open to every idiot on the planet, but here???   Geez...

And how do you respond to those??? "Uh, thanks...I guess?"

B.Parks
www.girlinthemagazine.com

Jan 07 07 11:44 am Link

Photographer

DigitalOnePhotographics

Thanks for the response so far.  This is target on.

Jan 07 07 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

If that's what you're being told you might want to consider a gym membership, LOL.

Jan 07 07 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

I think that those people are commenting on the aspect of the photo that they like the best regardless of on what portfolio (model or photographer) they found it at. I have to say that I am guilty of that.

Jan 07 07 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:

If that's what you're being told you might want to consider a gym membership, LOL.

When I showed up with my sports bra and the gut hanging out they told me never to come back.. something about scaring the children and making the other members think that there was no hope for them either. ;o)

Jan 07 07 12:02 pm Link

Model

Wenzel

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I always send the photog photo related comments - Wenzel

Jan 07 07 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

LMAO ! Mad funny !

Jan 07 07 02:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

NdeyeFace

Los Angeles, California, US

You look so hot and sexy in your avi... oh wait... that's NOT you ::chuckles::

Yep yep that happens. Yes comments should be directed towards the right thing. Some people just don't know what to say or can't really see the method behind the madness!

Jan 07 07 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

i often find that the images i post get more comments than the same image on the llamas page. unless the image is more risque and then the llama gets more.

Jan 07 07 07:14 pm Link

Model

!Tiger!

New York, New York, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

LMFAO AND U DO- so I'm told

(now where is my profile ??????????)

Jan 07 07 07:15 pm Link

Model

!Tiger!

New York, New York, US

Bryant Parks wrote:

Man, I thought it was just ME getting comments telling me that I'm hot!  I can understand it at My Space, because it's open to every idiot on the planet, but here???   Geez...

And how do you respond to those??? "Uh, thanks...I guess?"

B.Parks
www.girlinthemagazine.com

say thanks and list ure rates- for implied, 1 boob showing, 2 boobs showing
areoles and or nipples

works for me

Jan 07 07 07:16 pm Link

Model

!Tiger!

New York, New York, US

Bryan Benoit wrote:

I think that those people are commenting on the aspect of the photo that they like the best regardless of on what portfolio (model or photographer) they found it at. I have to say that I am guilty of that.

I agree I do and say the same thing to the photg and model on the image

because, believe it or not, there are SOME  models who actualy know what ure talkin about and want a comment which is more than "nice boobies" "or u make me drool and quiver"

grrrrrrrrrrr

Jan 07 07 07:17 pm Link