Forums > General Industry > about this website....

Model

withmarcello

This website seems to be very good in terms of models and photographers, but there is one question ?, does anyone get any work off here, all i get is photograhers saying nice pics , and friends but no work, same with my grilfriend Lana Cox here loads of great things about her but no actual work....
Any tips
cheers withmarcello ....

Jan 06 07 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

You likely won't get enough paid work here to pay the morgtage, put food on the table and save for retirement. That's not the point of this site.

Jan 06 07 08:21 am Link

Photographer

King T Studios-HDM LLC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I agree with Jason, this site won't make you a millionaire and I don't think that is/was the purpose. Its supposed to provide a platform for networking, expression and communication between photographers & models. In the midst of those people getting together, industry personnel will move towards where (sites) the people/users are....Model Mayhem (and other sites). Nowadays, its about user/subscription base, the more the better.

Jan 06 07 08:35 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Yes. I make money off of here. Its ALL in how you use this site to your advantage, AND whether or not this site is a suitable means to your goals. If you're looking for big name commercial work, then no, its not likely that you'll be able to make much money off of this. You should probably be aiming for agencies if thats where you want to go. But if you network yourself right and find your niche that makes you better than the next person in line on this site, then you can be successful...
By Sunday I will have had 6 shoots in a total of the past 11 days. They are all paid shoots. Its all in how you make this work for you.

Jan 06 07 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Think of this site as more of a networking community where people such as yourself can come share and communicate away from the real modeling and photography world.  Will you get work and make money from here?  Maybe...maybe not....but will you at least have a place to get with peers in the same field and make a bunch of friends?  sure.  After many years in this business...I have found NO internet community that will make you a living...but have a ton of friends and that is just as important in alot of respects

Jan 06 07 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

To date, all but one of the no shows that I've dealt with have come from this site.

Jan 06 07 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

TIP:  get to a few agencies.  That's where you'll be hired.  Most clients/photographers don't get their models on line.  Get a good professional composite card and get out there!  Good Luck!

Jan 06 07 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Try this:  www.newmodels.com.

Jan 06 07 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

The models who make enough money to make a living off of websites like this are female nude glam or art nude models, and that's only if they can book regularly.

The very attractive art nude and glam nude models whose rates range from $50 an hour to $125 an hour and have alot of great pics in their port to make them look like a pro- can make a living off of sites like these.

The 5'6 fashion/ commercial print models who claim paid work only- never book (by never meaning maybe 1-3 times a year).

The extremely attractive swimsuit, lingerie, and implied nude models who are have alot of great pics in their port to make them look like a pro and have rates around $35 to $80 an hour- can book about once a week, maybe.

The extremely attractive swimsuit, lingerie, and implied nude models who are have alot of great pics in their port and have rates around $150 an hour book never.

Do exceptions apply to these generalizations? of course.  This is just what Ive seen the past few years online.

Jan 06 07 10:29 am Link

Photographer

The Cameraeye

Orange, California, US

Have photographed a few models from this site. So far, no flakes. Also, no shoots for pay. Have done well getting TFCD shoots to build my artistic body of work.

Jan 06 07 10:32 am Link

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

Jose Luis is right.  If you are female and willing to do any type of nude photography you can make a living off the interenet model sites.  Many photographers or wannabes can get models all day long to shoot TFCD in clothes, but can not find nude models. 

The working models I know who make money off the internet but do not do nudes just hustle and respond and call and stay on top of anyone showing interest in them.  They work at it.  You can't just post your photos and wait to be discovered.  You have to make contacts and network.

Jan 06 07 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

Creative Image wrote:
Try this:  www.newmodels.com.

Thanks!! This site should be REQUIRED reading for ANY model/photographer/MUA/stylist.

Oliver Cole

Jan 06 07 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Exposed Imaging

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ready for a dose of realism? any model who is able to make a living in this field is not plying her trade here or on any similar site (omp, musecube etc.). truly talented models are represented by agencies and of those very few make significant money. if you are hoping for more than a bit of fun networking and perhaps a bit of pocket change to feed your latte habit then you are deluded. take a peek at a legitimate agency website and compare the talent to what you see here and you will understand. the modeling field is simply not open to the vast majority of the population and very, very few models on modelmayhem qualify.

Jan 06 07 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Exposed Imaging

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Exposed wrote:
ready for a dose of realism? any model who is able to make a living in this field is not plying her trade here or on any similar site (omp, musecube etc.). truly talented models are represented by agencies and of those very few make significant money. if you are hoping for more than a bit of fun networking and perhaps a bit of pocket change to feed your latte habit then you are deluded. take a peek at a legitimate agency website and compare the talent to what you see here and you will understand. the modeling field is simply not open to the vast majority of the population and very, very few models on modelmayhem qualify.

Jan 06 07 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Hey WithMarcello... here's a few reasons on why you're probably not getting any bookings on MM.

1.  A very large percentage of MM members are in the USA, and I noticed that you are somewhere in England.

2.  You only have TWO messages ever posted on any forum.  On this site, its all about EXPOSURE.  Gettin alittle more active in the forums will give more exposure to your MM page, thereby increasing your possibilities of additional bookings.

3.  And dude... MM is a MAJORLY active 'GWC site'... thats 'Guys With Cameras' incase you missed that terminology.  I checked out your girlfriends MM page (Lana Cox)... and all I can say is WOW... she's DEFINITELY a magnet for GWCs... and no offense... but with all the salivating horndogs browsing on MM... I'm willing to bet she's probably gettin a few thousand more hits a week on her page (and possibly more paid offers) than you.  In fact... if SHE started this thread... you'd probably see dozens of additional participants... wink

Oh... and PS... if you want ALOT more hits to your MM page... change your avatar to that shot of you and Lana together on the white sheet... then watch your page hits skyrocket... wink

Jan 06 07 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

These two posts are the rather noteworthy!

Allen Coefield wrote:
Think of this site as more of a networking community where people such as yourself can come share and communicate away from the real modeling and photography world.  Will you get work and make money from here?  Maybe...maybe not....but will you at least have a place to get with peers in the same field and make a bunch of friends?  sure.  After many years in this business...I have found NO internet community that will make you a living...but have a ton of friends and that is just as important in alot of respects

It's like passing a business card, you never know who is going to hire you until you promote yourself.   I have yet to work with a single model as a direct result of being listed on this website.   Most of the models I shoot with come as a result of referrals from other local models.

Select Models wrote:
Hey WithMarcello... here's a few reasons on why you're probably not getting any bookings on MM.

1.  A very large percentage of MM members are in the USA, and I noticed that you are somewhere in England.

2.  You only have TWO messages ever posted on any forum.  On this site, its all about EXPOSURE.  Gettin alittle more active in the forums will give more exposure to your MM page, thereby increasing your possibilities of additional bookings.

3.  And dude... MM is a MAJORLY active 'GWC site'... thats 'Guys With Cameras' incase you missed that terminology.  I checked out your girlfriends MM page (Lana Cox)... and all I can say is WOW... she's DEFINITELY a magnet for GWCs... and no offense... but with all the salivating horndogs browsing on MM... I'm willing to bet she's probably gettin a few thousand more hits a week on her page (and possibly more paid offers) than you.  In fact... if SHE started this thread... you'd probably see dozens of additional participants... wink

Oh... and PS... if you want ALOT more hits to your MM page... change your avatar to that shot of you and Lana together on the white sheet... then watch your page hits skyrocket... wink

Now that is the most straight forward answer here!  Everything he mentioned is right on! I didn't notice you were in England until he pointed that out.  Get active online (not just here) and in your local community.  Women are going to get the attention here!

Jan 06 07 02:45 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Wait, wait....
With a resume of the following:

SHOWS FOR: 1993-1999 ARMANI/ VIVIAN WESTWOOD/ CIRIO CETERIO/ MARKS & SPENCER/ SPEEDO/ HOM/ ADDIDAS/ TOPMAN/ WELLA/ RADIO ONE ROADSHOW/ CLOTHES SHOW.

MAGAZINE WORK: MORE/ ARENA/CLOTHES SHOW/GQ/FHM/CIRO CETERIO/MENS HEALTH/OK/HELLO.

TV/FILM WORK:1996-1999
1996-1997:YORKSHIRE TV THE UPPER HAND AS EXTRA.
CHANNEL 4: THE BIG BREAKFAST INTERVIEW FOR MR GREAT BRITON.
SKY SPORTS:INTERVIEW FOR MR WORLD.
YORKSHIRE TV:RICHARD AND JUDY -FASHION.
BBC1:ANN AND NICK-FASHION.

1997-1998
MTV:BAND VIDEO FOR BIG SKY.
VIDEO:LEEDS UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB-FASHION.
YORKSHIRE TV:CALENDER-FASHION

1998-1999:FILM:EYES WIDE SHUT. TOM CRUISE.
ROLE DOORMAN OF CLUB.
THE DIARY.ROLE OWNER OF NIGHT CLUB TV SERIES IN FRANCE /ENGLAND.
YORKSHIRE TV COMEDY:BARBRA ROLE PLAYING GOOD LOOKING MAN .
KISS ME KATE PLAYING A TENNIS INSTRUCTOR.

2000-2002:
SOUTH AFRICA:MODEL FOR MAX MODELS AGENCY :BIG PROMOTION FOR DIET COKE :OTHER MODEL JOB FOR ARMANI , SPEEDO ,
PLAYED SEMI PRO CRICKET IN SOUTH AFRICA CAPE TOWN ,FOR 6 MONTHS THAT INCLUDED COACHING YOUNG AND UP COMING CRICKETERS....

2003-2004:
WENT TO MIAMI FOR 3 MONTHS ,DID HOLSTEN PILLS COMMERCIAL ,BILLABONG SURF WEAR,, LOTS OF FASHION SHOWS ...

2004:
BARCELONA: DOING VALENTINO, BOSS SHOWS FOR 3 WEEKS .
BUDAPEST: TO DO TV COMMERCIAL FOR MERCEDES CAR.
LONDON: NEW BODY OF THE SLENDER TONE ABB PADS,WHICH WAS ON ITV AND SKY, ALSO A COMEDY TV JOB FOR CREASE MONKEYS PLAYING A BODYGARD:
THING CALLED LOVE :PLAYING A FOOTBALLER WITH PAUL NICHOLS ON BBC1.....

ACHIEVEMENTS

1993-1994: MORE MAGAZINE WINNER , HUNK OF THE YEAR .
CLOTHES SHOW: WINNER MODEL OF YEAR.
1996-1997: MR GREAT BRITON WINNER ,THEN WENT FOR MR WORLD AND CAME 6TH PLACE OUT OF 42 COUNTRIES .
SPEEDO HUNK OF THE YEAR:
1998-1999: EYES WIDE SHUT ,TOM CRUISE ,DIRECTOR STANLEY KUBRIC.
1999-2000: FACE OF THE YEAR MR OLY'S SKIN CARE .
2000-2001:ARNANI SHOWS , BOSS.
2001-2002: SEMI PRO CRICKETER IN SOUTH AFRICA, AWARD FOR COACHING YOUNG CRICKETERS .
2002-2003: SIGN ON WITH TOP MODEL AGENCY IN MIAMI ,DID TV COMMERCIAL FOR HOLSTEN PILLS .
2003-2004: BARCELONA DOING VALENTINO ,BOSS SHOW .
.TV COMMERCIAL FOR MERCEDES CAR.
.NEW BODY OF SLENDER TONE ABB PADS.
.PLAYED BODY GARD IN TV COMEDY GREASE MONKEY.

in your port.... why are you here???

Jan 06 07 02:55 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I get work to give me a little extra cash!

Jan 06 07 03:32 pm Link

Model

Carole Hayes

Garland, Texas, US

Exposed wrote:
truly talented models are represented by agencies and of those very few make significant money.

If you're talking about fashion models, maybe....

But did you read this?

The models who make enough money to make a living off of websites like this are female nude glam or art nude models, and that's only if they can book regularly.

Because I think he's right -- and the last time I checked, agencies don't really represent glamour and art models....

Jan 06 07 03:40 pm Link