Forums > General Industry > MALE models on MM

Model

Kelley Gayle

Windsor, Colorado, US

There's so many good-looking ones out there.  Who's the best?

Jan 05 07 12:33 pm Link

Model

Wenzel

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I am

Jan 05 07 02:37 pm Link

Model

Schwarz

Des Moines, Iowa, US

im a pretty cocky guy, so Im going to have to go with my self.

Jan 05 07 06:21 pm Link

Model

Zachary F

New York, New York, US

Me

Jan 05 07 06:24 pm Link

Model

PLASMA DONOR

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

so many misguided replies...

its me.

Jan 05 07 06:25 pm Link

Model

Chas Pierce

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

One of the best RIGHT HERE.. Always room for more than one..

Jan 05 07 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

bestill

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I bet i have the least amount of experience.
But i have no ego  or attitude.
Just glad that Model Mayhem approved my Port.
Best wishes for ALL models in 2007
Doug from Toronto

Jan 05 07 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

It's going to get very boring with lots of replies of "Me" being posted...

Jan 05 07 06:31 pm Link

Model

LeB

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Male models are such a humble bunch....

Jan 05 07 06:33 pm Link

Model

TIFFANY A

LeBrone wrote:
Male models are such a humble bunch....

This guy gets my vote.

Jan 05 07 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

WALTER PARADA

San Francisco, California, US

Yes, there are a lot of goodlooking models out there, but ModelMayhem seems to have a higher female model ratio to male models (which I'm sure is great if the male model is straight, and on the prowl). 

But for what ModelMayhem has registered in male models, I think there are many good ones.

Jan 05 07 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

LWF

Bellingham, Washington, US

Koala wrote:

This guy gets my vote.

Thanks Tiff...;-)

Jan 05 07 06:37 pm Link

Model

Princess Ashley

Riverside, California, US

I think it would be very hard to determine who is the "best". Howvere if you're only judging on eye candy criteria, I have a few favorites!

Jan 05 07 06:39 pm Link

Model

Anthony Bishop

Huntsville, Alabama, US

I'm pretty good, but I'm not going to say I'm the best.

I have fun while doing it!

Or, check out Zack V.

:-)

Jan 05 07 06:46 pm Link

Model

Christopher Kai

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

It may depend upon the purpose for which the model is to be used. High fashion models well rarely do well as fitness models for instance. Some may be good in some situations, and great at others and not so good at others. It's largely about having a look and possibly skills that match the need of the shoot.

Jan 05 07 06:47 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Aside from myself (obviously)....

I have a tie between these two:

Ray Armstrong out of NY. MM# 81934
https://img1.modelmayhem.com/060105/22/43bdee9494b02.jpg

Kent (Just Kent) also out of NY. MM# 145936
https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061203/08/4572e298ade66.jpg

What can I say? ...these guys are amn good.

Hey, I may be arrogant (sometimes tongue lol) but when you're good, you're good.

Jan 05 07 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

LWF

CYC Young wrote:
It may depend upon the purpose for which the model is to be used. High fashion models well rarely do well as fitness models for instance. Some may be good in some situations, and great at others and not so good at others. It's largely about having a look and possibly skills that match the need of the shoot.

The best models out there, in my opinion, are versatile, and could do high-fashion, editorial,commercial, sports campaigns, whatever. Obviously nothing specific like fitness modelling where you need a body-builder. Same as it'd be hard for a female model to model maternity wear, if she wasnt preggers and had her belly button pokin out like that....

Jan 05 07 06:52 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

RED Photographic wrote:

So true.

Jan 05 07 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

I like this guy https://modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=6741 cause he has the same name as me smile

Jan 05 07 06:57 pm Link

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

RED Photographic wrote:

Agrees, voting for oneself is lame. If you really want to get noticed here, just ask someone on your friends list to shout out your name.....

Jan 05 07 06:59 pm Link

Model

PLASMA DONOR

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

RED Photographic wrote:

lol, as if this is a serious topic.

Jan 05 07 07:02 pm Link

Model

Skyy W

New York, New York, US

There are a few on here with strong work. Kent (mentioned above) has nice work. It depends on what you are looking for... There's definitely "no best" overall. A guy whose great for a Prada advertisement is likely to be awful for a Nike fitness advertisement. The crossover from extreme editorial to extreme commercial is almost impossible to pull. Guys who straggle the middle of both extremes are generally regarded as handsome to the common person (guys and girls), but often get little play from agencies from either side.

~skyy

Jan 05 07 07:03 pm Link

Model

Christopher Kai

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

LeBrone Wade wrote:

The best models out there, in my opinion, are versatile, and could do high-fashion, editorial,commercial, sports campaigns, whatever. Obviously nothing specific like fitness modelling where you need a body-builder. Same as it'd be hard for a female model to model maternity wear, if she wasnt preggers and had her belly button pokin out like that....

I agree, versatility is definitely important. Perhaps that would be the best measure is how versatile they can be, I don't know.

But from what I've seen (and of course I have just moderate experience thus far) many of the fashion models do not appear to be athletic enough to do sports shoots well. Even body builders are not always going to fit the bill for fittness (ie Mr Universe types)... sometimes you want bodies that look more like sports athletes. Just my thoughts. Myself, I'm trying to broaden my experience, but I enjoy doing the commercial work I've done thus far.

Jan 05 07 07:12 pm Link

Model

J Anthony 12

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

NOT me, im shy...

Jan 05 07 07:18 pm Link

Model

Nick G

Jamaica, New York, US

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not me.

Unless someone else thinks otherwise,lol.

Jan 05 07 07:18 pm Link

Model

Scott of Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Please, this is stupid

Jan 05 07 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

LWF

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

Hey, I may be arrogant (sometimes tongue lol) but when you're good, you're good.

yep, they're hot....

Jan 05 07 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I vote for Lebrone !

Jan 05 07 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Haddon Heights, New Jersey, US

One thing you have to understand is that male modeling, especially male models where names are named, is relatively new to the business.  When I was a kid, "male model" was shorthand for "gay."  The son of a neighbor of mine two doors down from my home was a "male model" in NYC, not accepted by his family, and unsuccessfully tried to swallow a gun.  That was roughly 30 years ago.  Things have changed. 

A lot of guys, while they can strut like peacocks, are a little sensitive about the objectivization of modeling.  They get upset when I point out, "Look.  Little old men have Go-go bars, and little old ladies have landscapers.  If she was that interested in getting her lawn cut cheaply and efficiently, she would have hired Mexicans.  She didn't.  Do the math."

"No!  It's because I'm a hard worker!  It's because of...." 
Uh huh.  They also get offended when I point out that sports are an act of competitive vanity, just like modeling. 

"No!  In sports I achieved something!"
"What?  You ran around the block?"

I knew one video cameraman who used to have fun with this by letting the camera drift down to beefy butts in spandex every time he was told to take pictures of a huddle in a football game.  If the crowd was that interested in the game, they could check the scores in the newspaper without photos on the following day.  They're not.  (Boy, does THAT piss off football fans when confronted what they were looking at.  'AHEM, just WHAT were you looking at?')

"What?  You thought she liked you because you're polite?  For some reason, she's less interested in the guy who is curing cancer than in you.  Bill Gates?  He could buy and sell you for generations, and she's still not interested.  Go figure...." 

C'mon now.  You name me the women who are waving their panties around at Bill Gates. 

When I first got involved with taking pictures of guys, I was roped into band boy pictures.  I looked around a band competition, and it hit me.  "Sonofabitch!  It's a beauty pageant for boys!"  All of the same dynamics were going on. 

"NO!  They come because of my music!"
"Uh huh.  If they were that interested in your music and skill, you could perform in black tie." 

The first male portfolio I did was of a 50-year-old routeman by day, actor and director by night.  He wanted in on a suit contract.  But, he had no pictures and a total lack of confidence in front of a camera since he had never done it.  He also instructed me, "You can call me male.  You can call me a model.  BUT, don't you EVER call me a male model!"  That was some 20 years ago.  A 50 year old actor/director guy wanted to be a model.  BUT, he didn't want anyone to call him a "male model."  He got the contract, anyway, and wasn't all that offended by the cash.

I do see a lot of physique shots here.  That's fine.  But, a lot of what I see expresses the hard work of creating a physique, or otherwise being blessed with one, not unlike female models who say, "Oh, this is going to be easy.  All I gotta do is to show more tits." 

"Uh, Sweetie, just HOW MUCH silicone were you going to buy?  38"?  54"?  How about 78"?  'Do your ears hang, do they wobble to and fro?  Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow?'...." 

Modeling is acting where one frame has to function as a whole movie.  Models are "silent salespersons." 

I haven't seen a lot of attempts by the male models here trying to convince me that $75 worth of fabric is worth at least $750.  I have seen a lot of guys do the "Oh, all I gotta do is show more dick!" not unlike the ladies who say, "All I gotta do is show more tits!" 

Look.  It's not like I haven't had to wrestle clothing back on to models, both female AND male.  But, a dick ain't gonna sell a bar of soap nor a car. 

The difference is that guys are a little more honest, nowadays, about wanting people to look at them, and the females are a little more honest about expressing their interest in looking at them. 

Few male models and few photographers here to take pictures of them?  Maybe MM has a lot of GWC's using cameras to cajole young ladies to show them their T&A. 

My advice for the male models?  Think Rolex.  That's a masterful job in marketing.  Think about it.  Rolex ads make you want to spend $5K on a watch that keeps time worse than a digital watch you can buy in a dollar store. 

Sean Connery doesn't sell due to youth, athleticism, or anything hinting at prudishness (Ever see Zog?) 

But, he still makes panties wet, and he knows it.  Quite a skilled individual, if you ask me.

Jan 05 07 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Haddon Heights, New Jersey, US

The first shot is unskilled on lighting, but that second shot is really good. 

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

Jan 05 07 08:07 pm Link

Model

Eric J Erk

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Lebrone, Just Kent (who were already mentioned) and gsvb (MM # 32006) are MM's best  IMO.

Jan 05 07 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

KorokStudios

Jacksonville, Florida, US

The best male model I've worked with does not have a profile on Model Mayhem, tho some of his photos are in my profile.

Jan 05 07 08:17 pm Link

Model

MaxModel

Canmore, Alberta, Canada

humm a lot of competition! i think i can be on!!

Jan 05 07 08:22 pm Link

Model

Kelby Anthony Adam

Carlsbad, California, US

i have just started on this website awhile ago and have not gotten to work with anyone yet but i can tell you if you think you are "the best" then be ready for big change because i have wanted this for along time and no one can possibly get in my way of achieving my goal which i work very hard for and put my all into sooo thanks for your responding to thinking you might be the next big thing but its time for you to step down because i'm the new it boy.

cheers

Jan 06 07 01:39 am Link

Model

Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm glad to see a post for male models... but just a post for the 'best male model.' or these 'best' posts just get a bit monotnous.  How about... WHO WANTS TO HIRE MALE MODELS.

Jan 06 07 01:46 am Link

Model

this is deleted

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Kli Micheaux wrote:
I'm glad to see a post for male models... but just a post for the 'best male model.' or these 'best' posts just get a bit monotnous.  How about... WHO WANTS TO HIRE MALE MODELS.

I agree.

Jan 06 07 01:51 am Link

Model

MarkusRichmondModel

It's not about the huge muscular underwear models, it's about us tall and skinny high fashion guys! We're pretty much awesome!

Jan 06 07 02:06 am Link

Photographer

Star

Isaiah Garncia is pretty good

Jan 06 07 02:06 am Link

Model

Idaho

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

I kind of like that Crazy Evil guy... He's bad!

Jan 06 07 02:23 am Link

Model

this is deleted

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Star wrote:
Isaiah Garncia is pretty good

Isaiah is a great example.

Jan 06 07 02:26 am Link