Forums > General Industry > Ohio University prof's nude, topless photos.......

Jan 04 07 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Perfect Pixels

Richfield, Minnesota, US

Is there a point to posting news articles that are over 6 months old?

Jan 04 07 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Davis Images wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20030511photog0511p3.asp

This is yet another old case, this time almost four years old.  Might I suggest that if you are going to post these cases, that you not caption them as if they were brand new.  Instead, put a title like:  "Interesting oder case about a college professor's topless photos."

Just a suggestion.  This is old news.

Jan 04 07 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

The article...oldie but goodie.
The student, Hume, was immature and misguided both in her lawsuit for a 3 million dollar payday attempt, her discrediting an accomplished professor and professional photographer and her decision to pose topless for the professor/photographer/artist.
I fault the professor for not having a signed Adult Professional Model Release(there was no mention of such in the article).

Jan 04 07 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

old news to some but news to others. i for one found this interesting. does anyone know what's the outcome of this?

Jan 04 07 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Leo Chan wrote:
old news to some but news to others. i for one found this interesting. does anyone know what's the outcome of this?

Exactly Leo.
People get so bent out of shape if a newer poster doesn't take the time to search the forums to see if something has already been posted...
I knew nothing about this case (nor do I really care) but, it's "new" news to me.

Jan 05 07 02:19 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

T H Taylor wrote:

Exactly Leo.
People get so bent out of shape if a newer poster doesn't take the time to search the forums to see if something has already been posted...
I knew nothing about this case (nor do I really care) but, it's "new" news to me.

Hey T, I am glad you're with me. wink
Here is what a little google can do:

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/ca … harassment

The case was settle for about 10% of the original amount. I wonder how much credibility the student's case has if it is settled for that amount?

Jan 05 07 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

dgold wrote:
The article...oldie but goodie.
The student, Hume, was immature and misguided both in her lawsuit for a 3 million dollar payday attempt, her discrediting an accomplished professor and professional photographer and her decision to pose topless for the professor/photographer/artist.
I fault the professor for not having a signed Adult Professional Model Release(there was no mention of such in the article).

Here we go again.

Why?  There was no intention of publishing the pictures. 

The purpose of a release is to acquire consent of a model to publication.  That's all.  It is not an all purpose document.

Jan 05 07 02:22 pm Link