Forums > General Industry > why do some guys have to be pigs......

Photographer

per nielsen

Beiseker, Alberta, Canada

I have been browsing through some model ports looking to hire a model for an upcoming shoot. I have seen so many wonderful images and then started to read some of the tags. Some examples of tags are "nice tits", "I want to lick you all over", "i would love to rub oil on those".....enough already. Is it up to the models to delete comments like these...do they like these comments or can the forum mods do anything about them. What ever happened about acting professional and being at least a bit more responsible??  Arghhhhhhh...........maybe those that leave comments like those above still expect to have sex with every model they work with. Sad state of affairs.

Cheers,

Per

Jan 04 07 08:08 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Riverside, California, US

i find those comments as compliments
but i am weird

Jan 04 07 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Rick Jolly

Newton Falls, Ohio, US

comes natural

Jan 04 07 08:13 am Link

Model

UnavailableNonExistant

Columbus, Ohio, US

It's an expression of their mindset and why they really have a camera or call themselves male models.

Jan 04 07 08:13 am Link

Photographer

per nielsen

Beiseker, Alberta, Canada

if the images are on a dating or adult website then I can understand...but not on sites like MM, OMP, Musecube, etc.

Jan 04 07 08:15 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Dawn Winter wrote:
It's an expression of their mindset and why they really have a camera or call themselves male models.

Bingo.   Now let's return to our regularly scheduled program and work on our craft.

Jan 04 07 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

per nielsen wrote:
if the images are on a dating or adult website then I can understand...but not on sites like MM, OMP, Musecube, etc.

Yeah......
But when half the ads I see on this site (you know the big paid ones at the top of the page)
seem to be for sites like "BigSugarDaddys.com" ........ Well it seems that the advertisers see the site as a bunch of pervs taking photos of a bunch of chick who will sell themselves.

I'm not saying that's what MM is about, but if that's the perception "out there on the web" then it's no surprise that the site has attracted more than it's fair share of Pigs trolling about the site leaving sexually obnoxious comments.

Jan 04 07 08:29 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

They are just GWC'S.  No class and damn little talent.  To bad they are allowed to be on this site. bs

Jan 04 07 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

Why do some people suck?

Jan 04 07 09:03 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

per nielsen wrote:
I have been browsing through some model ports looking to hire a model for an upcoming shoot. I have seen so many wonderful images and then started to read some of the tags. Some examples of tags are "nice tits", "I want to lick you all over", "i would love to rub oil on those".....enough already. Is it up to the models to delete comments like these...do they like these comments or can the forum mods do anything about them. What ever happened about acting professional and being at least a bit more responsible??  Arghhhhhhh...........maybe those that leave comments like those above still expect to have sex with every model they work with. Sad state of affairs.

Cheers,

Per

Oink.  Oink.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jan 04 07 09:13 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

per nielsen wrote:
if the images are on a dating or adult website then I can understand..

They are.

Jan 04 07 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

From what I've observed, many of the models are twentysomethings who reflect the values of hip hop culture and aren't exactly the classiest people around (not to mention, not too bright), so it stands to reason that they'd consider the lewd comments to be compliments.

Jan 04 07 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Dude, you'll learn soon enough...

LOL

wink

Jan 04 07 09:44 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Some men are pigs, some women are tramps, some people are assholes...that's life...lol.

Jan 04 07 09:49 am Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Herb Way wrote:
From what I've observed, many of the models are twentysomethings who reflect the values of hip hop culture and aren't exactly the classiest people around (not to mention, not too bright), so it stands to reason that they'd consider the lewd comments to be compliments.

I try not to walk around acting like a giant anus most of the time, but I absolutely despise what is commonly referred to as "hip-hop culture" because there is NO culture involved in that lifestyle. Crude, brash, overbearing, boastful, violent, illiterate, ignorant, self-destructive and many other terms come to mind when I hear "hip-hop culture."

Jan 04 07 09:54 am Link

Photographer

photogjohn

Irving, Texas, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:

I try not to walk around acting like a giant anus most of the time, but I absolutely despise what is commonly referred to as "hip-hop culture" because there is NO culture involved in that lifestyle. Crude, brash, overbearing, boastful, violent, illiterate, ignorant, self-destructive and many other terms come to mind when I hear "hip-hop culture."

Ditto

Jan 04 07 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Aaron S wrote:
Why do some people suck?

Everybody has to have a talent!

Jan 04 07 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

If a model enjoys rude comments about their work then I would say that the GWC and the Model have made a match on MM! They deserve each other!
There are models (very good ones) and photographers (very good ones) who like the Hustler Mag. style and that inviets comments like "nice boobs"!
On the other hand, some of us (models and photographers) really want a classier look, and by doing so, invite complements that are classy! 
MM has it all ! smile

Jan 04 07 10:53 am Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Larry Brown Camera wrote:
If a model enjoys rude comments about their work then I would say that the GWC and the Model have made a match on MM! They deserve each other!
There are models (very good ones) and photographers (very good ones) who like the Hustler Mag. style and that inviets comments like "nice boobs"!
On the other hand, some of us (models and photographers) really want a classier look, and by doing so, invite complements that are classy! 
MM has it all ! smile

Good point, along the lines of there is someone for everyone. wink

Jan 04 07 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Give us a shout if you see someone just tagging to be offensive.

http://www.ripoffreport.com.php

- Ched, MM Moderator

Jan 04 07 10:59 am Link

Model

Carole Hayes

Garland, Texas, US

per nielsen wrote:

Cheers,

Per

I don't enjoy, or want, tags like those -- but I'm happy to see them left up by others:  it serves as a warning that the photographer who left the comment is probably not somebody I want to work with, in case I'm ever contacted by him....

Jan 04 07 11:07 am Link

Photographer

RAW-R IMAGE

jeskavardinski wrote:
but i am weird

Good--I would like to lick your... etc...etc...  wink
Can I be any more complimentary than that!!??

Jan 04 07 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

jeskavardinski wrote:
but i am weird

Must....resist......temptation.......

Jan 04 07 11:12 am Link

Model

jade_friedrich

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Yeah i find those comments are not suitable in this website, they are just quite rude to post in where people tend to exchange experiences and work. I would have deleted those comments if it were me.

Jan 04 07 11:44 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

per nielsen wrote:
Is it up to the models to delete comments like these...do they like these comments or can the forum mods do anything about them.

Some people are so desperate for comments on their pictures, they'll leave anything on there.

Jan 04 07 11:49 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Okay, I'm going to be contrary and suggest an alternative perspective.  The times I have come across comments like that, they've generally been on extremely sexually provocative imagery - imagery that is clearly designed to arouse.  If that is the intent of the photo, is it so bad that the viewer responds to let the model know that the photo is effective in its intention?

I can't say it bothers me especially when women respond to the male nudes that I shoot that way.  (Though they tend to do so more in private than in public.)

Jan 04 07 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Meech Creative LLC

Frederick, Maryland, US

Larry Brown Camera wrote:
MM has it all ! smile

DING!

Jan 04 07 11:57 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
Okay, I'm going to be contrary and suggest an alternative perspective.  The times I have come across comments like that, they've generally been on extremely sexually provocative imagery - imagery that is clearly designed to arouse.  If that is the intent of the photo, is it so bad that the viewer responds to let the model know that the photo is effective in its intention?

I can't say it bothers me especially when women respond to the male nudes that I shoot that way.  (Though they tend to do so more in private than in public.)

thank you for some common sense. If you ass is hanging out and over, you are going to get like comments.

if the OP wants everone to be like him, then dream on.
Surprise, we have different styles. If a model gets a "comment"  ERASE IT.

wah wah wah wah.....p%ssies. thats my comment.

Jan 04 07 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Meech Creative LLC

Frederick, Maryland, US

My biggest pet peeve is the generic and overuse of the word "hot" when referring to someones looks or appearance. Break out a thesaurus or at least try to sound more genuine & original. smile

Jan 04 07 02:09 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

bobby sargent wrote:
They are just GWC'S.  No class and damn little talent.  To bad they are allowed to be on this site. bs

Agreed.  And if the models are offended they can easily report the comments or delete them.

Jan 04 07 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Because without pigs, there would be no bacon.

Jan 04 07 04:39 pm Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

If you leave them, it serves as a warning to others. wink

Jan 04 07 04:41 pm Link

Model

HarlotWorm

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, US

big_smile men are scum. haha only kidding.

some guys really are pigs lik ethat, but remember that not ALL men are smile men naturally have a larger sex drive than women (in most cases, anyway) and so theyre more inclined to say/write something of that nature than any woman is.

Jan 04 07 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Scissor Industries

San Jose, California, US

I won't speak for anyone else than me, but I joke with people I know. A lot. Once in a while, that means an "I'd hit it" comment left on a picture. It's a rare occurance, but it's happened.

Professionalism is part presentation and I prefer to present myself as a light hearted joking a$$hole wink

Please don't label me as a pig gwc. Unless you think it's funny.

Jan 04 07 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Herb Way wrote:

Yep.. and another reason I PREFER to shoot with models over the age of 35!

Jan 04 07 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

per nielsen wrote:
if the images are on a dating or adult website then I can understand...but not on sites like MM...

P'leeez.

MM is a "dating or adult" website...

Jan 04 07 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Perfect Pixels

Richfield, Minnesota, US

Aaron S wrote:
Why do some people suck?

Habenero Photography wrote:
Everybody has to have a talent!

At least they are REALLY GOOD at sucking!

Jan 04 07 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

here's my two cents....

if a comment has sexual overtones, it does not make it rude... nor does it mean that the person who wrote it wasn't bright, or was some GWC.... It simply means the the comment had sexual overtones.

We are animals, we are sexual beings... and I will not let some white knight do gooder disperage an entire side of who we are, and write it off as being rude and stupid.... No, it's fun and playful and sexual and if done right is not only an ego boost for the person it is being said too (hi jeska hunny bunny) but a reminder of a beautiful truth..

We are all products of fucking... of two people getting together an being exactly who it is god made them to be.... We are not earth bound angels, we are animals... made of and for the earth... Our first command from God was a sexual command.... I won't have people trying to sling their sexual embarrassment over on me, or over anyone else just because they want to seem more high brow.

Denying who you are inside is not more spiritual, it is not healthy, it is not polite... it is a self perpetuating lie.

If someone is offended by something another says... let them take action to correct it. You taking time out of your day to complain about something that someone said to someone else smacks of a 6 year old tattletale.

People can handle themselves and their own affairs. They don't need you to save them.

Jan 04 07 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Herb Way

AndrewG wrote:

Yep.. and another reason I PREFER to shoot with models over the age of 35!

I hear you on that one!  I'm pretty burnt out on the twentysomethings.  I did a nude shoot last week with a 48 year old flight attendant.  The class, character, poise, and intelligence she demonstrated were a very welcome change of pace.

Jan 04 07 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Trevor Snyder wrote:

Amen!  Amen!  Amen!  I couldn't have said it better myself.  Perhaps the evangelicals have a point when they say that we're living in the last days.  We're definitely witnessing the decline of a civilization.

Jan 04 07 09:01 pm Link