Forums > General Industry > blahhhhhhhh :)

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Everyone speaks of cliches this and cliches that and how they are sooo horrible.

Which I understand I guess if your doing the same TFP type of shoots they can get pretty repetitive, but what about we photographers who are only shooting what our "PAYING CLIENTS" want?

They  want the train tracks, pictures in front of trees(lol), bent over booty shots, sitting naked with a guitar in front of them,and etc, etc, etc.....
I guess if thats all one postsin thier port thats a bad thing??
ofcourse most of us probably don't even have 1/4 of what we shoot in our ports anyways.

Is it still considered a bad thing then?

tee hee I just wanted to start a topic...been forever since I did and Im bored at work !!!
ha ha ha

Jan 03 07 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Have you considered getting new clients?

Jan 03 07 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

My paying clients want bondage, and yummy sex, and sparkely rings, and smokey nightclubs, and pretty green eyed men...

If your calandar is full raise your prices by 10 to 50%, Then use the extra time to shoot what YOU want...

Also go to a good will or prop store and hunt for the next new cliche....buy some props YOU like grab a model shoot them add those new images to your book and BAM! new fun stuff to shoot....

Jan 03 07 11:47 am Link

Photographer

JSVPhotography

Madison, Wisconsin, US

dncphotos wrote:
Everyone speaks of cliches this and cliches that and how they are sooo horrible.

Which I understand I guess if your doing the same TFP type of shoots they can get pretty repetitive, but what about we photographers who are only shooting what our "PAYING CLIENTS" want?

They  want the train tracks, pictures in front of trees(lol), bent over booty shots, sitting naked with a guitar in front of them,and etc, etc, etc.....
I guess if thats all one postsin thier port thats a bad thing??
ofcourse most of us probably don't even have 1/4 of what we shoot in our ports anyways.

Is it still considered a bad thing then?

tee hee I just wanted to start a topic...been forever since I did and Im bored at work !!!
ha ha ha

If people are paying then this stuff should be easy money. You do it over and over again. Your lights, locations, props are all ready to go. They see something in your port or your book and say that they want a shot like "that one" or have seen something that they have always wanted to do - with THEM in the picture.

For me, most of that stuff is client paid and never on any portfolio anywhere.

Jan 03 07 11:49 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

TXPhotog wrote:
Have you considered getting new clients?

lol

Jan 03 07 11:51 am Link