Forums > General Industry > Unique Talent in NYC?

Model

Rick LaKari

New York, New York, US

I just got a message from Unique Talent informing me they had an interview for me later today.

I have never submitted anything to them, and found it odd that they had called.   The message sounded as if I was one of their signed actors/models.

I'm not sure if this "interview" is for a casting, or just an open interview they have for their agency?

Does anyone have any information regarding them?  I wanted to have a little information prior to calling them back.

I did a google search and found very little.

Jan 03 07 10:52 am Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

Take someone with you and go..what harm can come to that?
they give you an adress?

Jan 03 07 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MsHeidi wrote:
Take someone with you and go..what harm can come to that?

Well, on the off chance that they are real, he would look like a fool going with someone else.  That is NOT done.

Jan 03 07 11:03 am Link

Model

Rick LaKari

New York, New York, US

So I spoke to the woman and it's a casting for a pharmaceutical ad.  She found my pictures and phone number posted on another actor/model website.

It doesn't hurt to go.  The pay is $2,000.

Jan 03 07 11:47 am Link

Model

Rick LaKari

New York, New York, US

Another question though...

I'm embarrassed asking this.

I've mostly done acting auditions, and it's been ages.  I've never been on a go-see.

I have my portfolio but I don't have comp cards or a headshot/resume to give them.

Is that bad?  Do they usually ask for a picture they can have?

I had heahshots and resumes years ago, but they're out of date at this point.  Ugh.

Jan 03 07 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Rick LaKari wrote:
Another question though...

I'm embarrassed asking this.

I've mostly done acting auditions, and it's been ages.  I've never been on a go-see.

I have my portfolio but I don't have comp cards or a headshot/resume to give them.

Is that bad?  Do they usually ask for a picture they can have?

Yes, it's bad.  At commercial castings in New York they don't want to see your portfolio, although they might look at it if you offer.  At the level of that job they expect to hire professional models, and professional models have comp cards.

However, they will also probably take Polaroids (or digital equivalents) themselves anyway.

Jan 03 07 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

Rick LaKari wrote:
So I spoke to the woman and it's a casting for a pharmaceutical ad.  She found my pictures and phone number posted on another actor/model website.

It doesn't hurt to go.  The pay is $2,000.

TX is expert on tactics (and much else, no question)--get those comp cards.  However, I'll go sideways to note the pictures the casting agent has seen of you produced the invitation.  Go in to that "go see" confident and professional.

Jan 03 07 12:16 pm Link

Model

Rick LaKari

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Yes, it's bad.  At commercial castings in New York they don't want to see your portfolio, although they might look at it if you offer.  At the level of that job they expect to hire professional models, and professional models have comp cards.

However, they will also probably take Polaroids (or digital equivalents) themselves anyway.

I figured since I wasn't signed with an agency, I didn't need the comp cards.  I thought if I ever got signed somewhere I than get the comp cards that the agency produces.

I do have extra pictures that I could give them... in various sizes.  Ugh.  Now I'm stressed out.

Jan 03 07 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nothing to stress over.  You are what you are, they will want you or they won't.  But if you plan on going  to commercial castings, you need to get a commercial comp, agency or not.

Jan 03 07 12:32 pm Link

Model

Rick LaKari

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Nothing to stress over.  You are what you are, they will want you or they won't.  But if you plan on going  to commercial castings, you need to get a commercial comp, agency or not.

Thanks.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

Jan 03 07 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Rick LaKari wrote:

I figured since I wasn't signed with an agency, I didn't need the comp cards.  I thought if I ever got signed somewhere I than get the comp cards that the agency produces.

I do have extra pictures that I could give them... in various sizes.  Ugh.  Now I'm stressed out.

In the meantime make a nice laser copy of two pics on 8.5x11 paper.  no big deal say you ran out of cards and didnt have time to stop by the agency.

Jan 04 07 12:56 am Link