Forums > General Industry > Models wearing colored contacts

Model

Ahzure

Glendale, Arizona, US

Ok, so I see a lot of models wearing colored contacts (including Naomi C)- give me your thoughts on this.  Do you think it's tacky or no?

Jan 02 07 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

richard boswell

New York, New York, US

depends on the context, is it part of the "makeup" or are you trying to "fake it"

the latter is lame, love yourself darling, until you do no one else can.

Jan 02 07 06:51 pm Link

Model

Adieu

I wore 'enhancers' when I was younger because my eyes are dark hazel, and I wanted them a lighter, more noticeable hazel. I think they looked really good.

Sometimes it just looks tacky, especially when you can see the natural eye color around the pupil or when it's just really fake looking.

Jan 02 07 07:15 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

I had a photographer tell me I wore contacts recently because he could see them when he retouched the picture. I had to tell him that he was seeing anatomy and that I don't wear them. So, unless it's obvious that the color is not natural how would you know if a model wore colored contacts or not?

And as long as she specifies what color her eyes are with or without the contacts, I don't see the problem.

Jan 02 07 07:15 pm Link

Model

Adieu

Rena wrote:
So, unless it's obvious that the color is not natural how would you know if a model wore colored contacts or not?

I can see the rim around the eye from the contacts and, as I mentioned before, the natural eye color around the pupil (a lot of times, contacts aren't fitted properly).

Jan 02 07 07:17 pm Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

I LOVE my contacts! And that's all I gotta say about that!

ops, one more thing...unless you wan't a "blind" model, you'll let me keem em on smile

Jan 02 07 07:18 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Monica Jay wrote:
I can see the rim around the eye from the contacts and, as I mentioned before, the natural eye color around the pupil (a lot of times, contacts aren't fitted properly).

Perhaps so, maybe the photographer didn't know what to look for either. I've never worn them and don't stare at eyeballs photoshopping. smile

Jan 02 07 07:19 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Sometimes they look great, and sometimes they don't. Like all appearance altering products, they can be done right, and they can be done wrong.

I get accused of wearing contacts sometimes because I have a dark ring around my eyes, so I don't even necessarily think that a ring of your natural color around the contact is that bad, because sometimes that look is entirely natural. Unless they look fake, and the photo doesn't call for it, I don't see a problem.

Jan 02 07 07:25 pm Link

Model

Rachel Beth

Wyckoff, New Jersey, US

I have a friend with brown eyes who wears blue colored contacts. It's more fake than Tara Reid's boob job.

Jan 02 07 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

JarekN

Hồ Chí Minh City, Đông Nam Bộ, Miền Đông, Vietnam

I've never seen ones that I wouldn't like smile  Some of them come in very funky colors that just make the image that much more interesting smile

Jan 02 07 11:06 pm Link

Model

ML Ward

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'd prefer not to see them, takes something away from the picture to me. I love the more natural approach smile

Jan 02 07 11:09 pm Link

Model

Ahzure

Glendale, Arizona, US

Rachel Beth wrote:
I have a friend with brown eyes who wears blue colored contacts. It's more fake than Tara Reid's boob job.

OMG, that's too funny*
I have a friend that is darker than Wesley Snipes and has blue contacts.  I guess it's more of a character question than contacts, no?

Jan 04 07 03:12 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

MsHeidi wrote:
I LOVE my contacts! And that's all I gotta say about that!

ops, one more thing...unless you wan't a "blind" model, you'll let me keem em on smile

like me.. a chicken..

I wear colored contacts.. and most of the photog loves it for edgier pics..

Jan 04 07 03:29 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

I wear colored contacts sometimes.  I think it looks nice in the images.

Jan 04 07 03:34 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Even regular contacts show up in my shots. I prefer the models I shoot with to not wear them.

Jan 04 07 03:36 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

BlindMike wrote:
Even regular contacts show up in my shots. I prefer the models I shoot with to not wear them.

BlindMike, its because you are blind.  You are biased against vision correction.  lol just kidding.

Jan 04 07 03:37 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Milli wrote:
BlindMike, its because you are blind.  You are biased against vision correction.  lol just kidding.

I don't need to see. I pose by feel wink

Jan 04 07 04:06 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

BlindMike wrote:

I don't need to see. I pose by feel wink

Really?  I've been looking for a photographer like you to help me with artistic nudes.

Jan 04 07 04:07 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Milli wrote:
Really?  I've been looking for a photographer like you to help me with artistic nudes.

Great! I've been looking for a model that won't scream and run wink

Jan 04 07 04:10 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

BlindMike wrote:

Great! I've been looking for a model that won't scream and run wink

haha!  Come to Texas, there are lots of us here!

Jan 04 07 04:13 am Link

Model

Aries L

Tampa, Florida, US

I really don't care, tacky or not I will always rock my blue or gray contacts. Lol

Jan 04 07 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Every time I see someone wearing those things, all I can think of is "why, oh god why?" They look absolutely ridiculous. They always look fake. I love seeing a girl with 'purple' eyes and a fixed sized, slightly out of center pupil. pffft.

Love what ya got because believe me, it's waaaay better than those scary things.

Jan 04 07 04:16 am Link